No announcement yet.

Steelers 2010 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm starting to think we won't have a real shot at Earl Thomas or Mays. But in the second round I do like Morgan Burnett, 6-1 210 lbs. I'm trying to find out more about him, but so far what I found wasn't to bad. He is sure handed, doesn't quite make the plays on the ball, but if the ball hits him in the hands its his. I'm still trying to find out more about him.

I think we end up drafting a tackle this year. Maybe Trent Williams? He can either wait on the bench until next year something the steelers are found of doing. Or since he can play both tackle positions he can play RT and end up bumping Willie inside like many of you want. Either until he is ready for LT or we land an elite LT.

Comment

Also for those of you concerned with Thomas size look no further than Ryan Clark.

Comment

I think Trent Williams is better suited as a RT which wouldn't be horrible, but I'd like Starks to move back there and for us to draft a true LT.

Comment

Lots of good safeties to be possibly had in the first 2 rounds. I would love Thomas in the 1st and I'm really hoping that's a possibility when draft time rolls around.

Comment

How does this safety class and the early declarees effect your positioning on when to draft another safety. Go for Earl Thomas in the 1st and pick up some offensive line in the second or go best player available then draft safety in the second or later?

I still would not mind going S/CB in the first two rounds if the value is there. For some reason, I'd like to see Bulaga in Pittsburgh. His combine will elevate him. Bruce Campbell does not fit the Stillers way, and he is the least polished of the LT prospects.
            Originally posted by njx9
            i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

What do you guys think of Donovan Warren from Michigan

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
              Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                What do you guys think of Donovan Warren from Michigan
                Love him! He could turn out to be a major beast! If we are gonna draft a CB, Warren in round 2 would be awesome :p

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                  Love him! He could turn out to be a major beast! If we are gonna draft a CB, Warren in round 2 would be awesome :p
                  Not worth taking in the first?

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                  Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                    How does this safety class and the early declarees effect your positioning on when to draft another safety. Go for Earl Thomas in the 1st and pick up some offensive line in the second or go best player available then draft safety in the second or later?

I still would not mind going S/CB in the first two rounds if the value is there. For some reason, I'd like to see Bulaga in Pittsburgh. His combine will elevate him. Bruce Campbell does not fit the Stillers way, and he is the least polished of the LT prospects.
                    If Thomas isn't there at 18, I would go with OT or DL in round 1. Also, Campbell has the most potential out of any OT in this draft. He has the most potential to be the best. He is very raw. He's just like Jared Gaither who is a hell of a tackle for the Ravens.

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                    Not worth taking in the first?
                    I have him as a second rounder, but he's a really good man to man corner. He's improving in run support and has pretty good ball skills.

Comment

1st Quick Mock of the Year!

1. Brian Bulaga - OT - Iowa - 6'6" - 315lbs

2. Brian Price - NT - UCLA - 6'2" - 310lbs

3. Eric Norwood - OLB/ILB - SC - 6'1" - 252lbs

4. Vince Ogobaase - DE - Duke - 6'5" - 305lbs

5. Kurt Coleman - FS/SS - OSU - 5'10" - 200lbs

5. (comp for Nate Washington) Ed Wang (lol) - OT - VT - 6'5" - 310lbs

6. Boo Robinson - NT - Wake Forrest - 6'1" - 310lbs

6. (comp. for Bryant McFadden) Devin Ross - CB - Arizona - 6'00" - 180lbs

7. LeMarcus Coker - RB - Hampton - 5'10" - 205lbs

Maybe abit optimistic at times...but id be happy with it. What you guys think?

Comment

just read the best mock ever for pitt from walterfootball.com

1st. - earl thomas
                        2nd - brandon spikes
                        3rd - segio kindle

i would go nuts if this happened

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                          1st Quick Mock of the Year!

1. Brian Bulaga - OT - Iowa - 6'6" - 315lbs

2. Brian Price - NT - UCLA - 6'2" - 310lbs

3. Eric Norwood - OLB/ILB - SC - 6'1" - 252lbs

4. Vince Ogobaase - DE - Duke - 6'5" - 305lbs

5. Kurt Coleman - FS/SS - OSU - 5'10" - 200lbs

5. (comp for Nate Washington) Ed Wang (lol) - OT - VT - 6'5" - 310lbs

6. Boo Robinson - NT - Wake Forrest - 6'1" - 310lbs

6. (comp. for Bryant McFadden) Devin Ross - CB - Arizona - 6'00" - 180lbs

7. LeMarcus Coker - RB - Hampton - 5'10" - 205lbs

Maybe abit optimistic at times...but id be happy with it. What you guys think?
                          i like the top 3, but dont really know anyone else

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Bryan Bulaga - http://www.youtube.com/user/ProDraft.../1/-DYk6GzwHC4

Brian Price - http://www.youtube.com/user/ProDraft.../2/irQMYESMEaY

Eric Norwood - http://www.youtube.com/user/ProDraft.../0/ZCimRrkfcFg

Vince Ogohbaase - http://www.youtube.com/user/ProDraft.../0/d0-dWvsrWKA

Kurt Coleman - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmoKb7Sc9wY

Boo Robinson - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbkS-smuNEI

Lemarcus Coker - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjhdAnkiJz0

Some of my mock players, highlights/lowlights.

Comment

I don't think Price is a good fit as a 34 NT. Also, I believe he is a first round pick.

Comment

Yeah i thought the same about price, but apparently that is a guy the steelers are targeting.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information