Steelers 2010 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
    Yeah i thought the same about price, but apparently that is a guy the steelers are targeting.
    Hmmm. I guess it will work. He's more of a pass rusher though. He seems like a Chris Hoke type and I want a run stopper as our NT.

Comment

Same here man...i dont like Price as a NT, but i trust the FO, so i'll let them off :P

I really cant see big snack resigning, so NT is going to be a tough one to sort out. Would we draft a high round one, Dan Williams, Mount Cody etc. Or fill the gap with Hokie and a FA, and try developing a NT. I really dont know what would happen.

Comment

I personally believe Hampton will be a Steeler in 2010. If they do not work out a deal now, I expect him to get the tag.

Comment

In my last mock I had the Steelers taking Sergio Kindle as a ILB/OLB. I know it would be more of a luxury pick, but I think he has the ability to play ILB. Obviously he could rush off the edge. The LB core would be terrifying if they had Harrison and Woodley on the outside and Timmons and Kindle inside. As a Ravens fan, its just scary even thinking about it.

What are your guys thoughts on the pick?

Comment

Its a good pick. But as you said its a luxury pick and its something right now we don't really want to do, with the crap oline and the questionable secondary. I'm for where ever we can get an help right away and a starter. Earl Thomas as S or Cb, or a tackle like Williams or Bulaga. With the tackles they can start on the right side, allowing Willie to shift inside and try his hand there. We get a RT and possibly a guard out of 1 pick.

Yeah..but Timmons or Kindle would have problems stopping the run, great on passing downs terrible on run downs.

Comment

Damn this board is kind of down.

Alright so what are our biggest needs this off season. Not many FA there so trades are a higher possibility this year. There are quite a few DL this year, so expect us to take at least 1 DL.

Our secondary needs to be upgraded at any of the positions, also for depth.

Line is also a big need, to we move up and take franchise LT, no to Campbell since we have a guy like Starks. Campbell is raw and we need someone who can come in.

Inside line, I think center is more important the our guard position. If we get a good enough center maybe he can play guard.

Lbs, pretty much we require depth to rotate guys in and out since they get so tired by games end, the offense is doing enough. But when the 3rd/4th quarter come they poop out.

Comment

1) Franchise OT
                2) Youth along the defensive side (DL, LB)
                3) CB/S
                4) C
                5) RB

Comment

In my latest mock I had the Steelers taking Taylor Mays in the 1st and Maurkice Pouncey in the 2nd. I think that would be a solid start to a draft.

Comment

That'd be an excellent first two rounds.

Comment

Yep, that'd be pretty god damn awesome! I still prefer Chad Jones and Earl Thomas to Mays though.

Comment

I like the Pouncey in the 2nd part. Mays in the first? pretty risky. I'd rather draft almost any of the other prospects that normally get mocked to us (Bulaga, Iupati, Dan Williams, Earl Thomas). Or Odrick, Graham, Weatherspoon for that matter.

we just cannot afford a bust situation with that first rounder, and Mays' 'floor' (imo) is lower than almost any non-QB projected for the first round.

Comment

who would you guys rather have, Sean Lee or Thaddeus Gibson in the fourth round?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Sean Lee - but I'm not sure he'll last that long

Comment

Originally posted by CDub View Post
                              Sean Lee - but I'm not sure he'll last that long
                              Yea i dont either but in the forum mock they are both still available so i wasn't sure who to give you guys, i was leaning Lee so sounds good to me!

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Who did you give us the first three rounds?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information