• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Trent Williams
    2. Jahvid Best
    3. Amari Spievey
    4. Sean Lee

I mostly went BPA based on my board. I know Best is a luxury pick but i just felt like he was too good to pass on and there are some nice players still available late. Was planning to go OLB (Worilds and Thad Gibson are the two i'm targeting), S (Kendrick Lewis and Robert Johnson top that list), and QB (Kafka and Daryll Clark) with the final three picks. If those guys don't fall to those spots, i'll also look at NT and C as other possible positions.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I've always been big on PSU backers; I would still trade Timmons for Poz in a second. But Sean Lee didn't impress me this year. I know he was coming off an injury but he was nowhere as good as he was two years ago. Several times I saw him get manhandled. against OSU he got pancaked by their fullback SEVERAL times. He got hammered physically in some other games too. The last thing I want to see is a blackandgold linebacker getting roughed up. Gibson, on the other hand, steadily impressed me as the year went on. Heyward and Gibson were a monster duo of defense for the Buckeyes last year. Heyward will be a first round pick next year. Gibson is good enough to go in the second, but will be a steal if going in the fourth as most people have him rated.

Comment

He injured his knee twice in two years. I'd be heisitant to draft him and think he'll be able to stay healthy. If he does, I'd think it'd be a great investment. He's from Pittsburgh, so that's a plus.

Comment

How would Steeler fans feel about Iupati in the 1st? He's not a LT, but he'd be an upgrade to a crap line and give some flexibility.

Comment

I'd take him.

Comment

So i tried to go BPA in the forum mock i did as the steelers since nobody else claimed them and this how it ended up. I thought it was a really nice haul, lemme know what you guys think!

1 (18). Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
              2 (50). Jahvid Best, RB, California
              3. (81). Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa
              4. (113). Sean Lee, ILB, Penn State
              5. (145). Thaddeus Gibson, OLB, Ohio State
              6. (177). Anthony McCoy, TE, USC
              7. (209). Shann Schillinger, S, Montana

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                So i tried to go BPA in the forum mock i did as the steelers since nobody else claimed them and this how it ended up. I thought it was a really nice haul, lemme know what you guys think!

1 (18). Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
                2 (50). Jahvid Best, RB, California
                3. (81). Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa
                4. (113). Sean Lee, ILB, Penn State
                5. (145). Thaddeus Gibson, OLB, Ohio State
                6. (177). Anthony McCoy, TE, USC
                7. (209). Shann Schillinger, S, Montana
                i like it....especially thaddeus gibson <3
                E]

Comment

I'm starting to warm up a bit to the idea of Golden Tate in the second.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                    With Wootton's injury woes, he could fall to the second or maybe third for us to take. I wouldn't risk a first on him, but a second would be awesome. Maybe they're thinking on moving Ziggy to NT?
                    Ziggy can't play nose. Doesn't have the sand in his pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                      Hmm, interesting. I though that after getting Hood the FO wouldn't pursue another 3-4 end with the first pick, but anything can happen.

I'd read somewhere that Weatherspoon wasn't exactly a great fit in a 3-4 scheme, and I think he'd be an ILB. Am I right on this?

Odrick I think is a better fit as a 3-4 DE for where we're picking.
                      I like Odrick as a 3-4 DE better than I liked Hood, but Odrick would fit at LDE and I think Hood will work at RDE. As much as I love Aaron Smith, we have nothing behind him, as evidenced in 2007 and 2009. So it might make sense, even at 1.18, or a trade down.

Spoon would def be ILB, but is he too close in frame and style to Juan? I know Hines Ward Jr. says he's a thumper, but I see him less in that mold. I wouldn't be upset to draft Spoon tho'.

Comment

Arthur Jones anyone, he has some long as arms.

Comment

I like Arthur Jones a lot. He has to show he is capable of staying healthy, though.

If Dwyer is there in the second, I'd be tempted. I don't care how slow his 40 was, kid is a player.

Comment

You guys should take a look at Clifton Geathers.

He is about 6'8, 300 lb, has 38 inch arms, 11 and a half inch hands. I think he would be a good fit for a 34 DE. The best thing about him is that he wont command a high draft pick. Probably 3rd at the earliest.

Comment

Yeah I am intrigued by Geathers. Thing is, he doesn't really show up on tape.

Comment

I know it's not likely, but it's possible that R. McClain could fall to #18. If he does, it would really hurt if the Steelers passed on him. Especially with Farrior on his way out in the next couple years probably.

The guy is a beast. Who would be pissed about that?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information