Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steelers 2010 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    Yes, Iupati and Wilson would be good picks.
    Who would be the better pick? Who is the more likely pick?

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
      If Pouncey, Spoon, Earl Thomas and all four of the OT's are gone, where do you see them going? I know Iupati would be an option but they did draft Kraig Urbick last year. What about Kyle Wilson or Kareem Jackson. Any input would be great.
      They usually look a year ahead, so they may draft Olb or safety, also another Rb isn't out of the question. I am hoping we draft Pouncey, fills in as guard and center.

      I have a hard time with Iupati pick because they drafted Urbick, and same with drafting cbs in the first round. Maybe in the later rounds sure.

      Comment


      • #93
        I think they might take a look at Iupati and see if he can play T at the next level. I know he looked horrible at that spot, but it'd be worth a try.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by BJJ3rd View Post
          hopefully management is looking at mays the same way we are. don't care to see him in black and gold.
          I can't link to it because it's paid material but I can tell you that Ed Bouchette from the PG Post-Gazette has said that Mike Tomlin is not a fan of Taylor Mays and will not take him early in the draft.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

          Comment


          • #95
            Comparing Iupati to Urbik is like comparing Faneca to Stapleton. Iupati has tremendous upside while Urbik shouldn't even make the team. Actually, I would take Stapleton over Urbik. that said, I would prefer to take Graham over Iupati at 18. Graham's ready to contribute right now, while Iupati will take a year or two. I like wilson, just not this high. He's not going to be there in round two however.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by PittPete View Post
              while Urbik shouldn't even make the team. Actually, I would take Stapleton over Urbik. .
              i hardly know you, but i love you
              E]

              Comment


              • #97
                I love how everyone disses Urbik when he hasn't had a chance to prove himself.

                Comment


                • #98
                  just because he failed at showing anything, even potential, doesnt mean he didnt get a shot to show his stuff. just unimpressive across the board
                  E]

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Then I guess everyone was down on Mendenhall because he had a less than stellar rookie season and first couple of games this season. I remember people being down on him too. They're eating crow. Some players take time to develop into NFL players. I'd give him some more time.

                    Edit: I meant that Mendenhall is a bust because he had a less than stellar rookie season.
                    Last edited by Hines; 04-05-2010, 09:37 AM.

                    Comment


                    • hey im not giving up on him, but i was saying this from the day we drafted him and he didnt do anything to change my mind. some players take a year or 2, im not stupid....but some players also fail from day one (bruce davis, willie reid)

                      i hate when people say that timmons is a bust or mendenhall is a bust their rookie years....but i also looked at them as premier talents with better talent in front of them (for the most part). ive never looked at urbik as being a big contibutor, and its not like hes got superstars to beat out for a job
                      E]

                      Comment


                      • Well I hate when people say players are busts without them getting a proper and fair chance.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                          Well I hate when people say players are busts without them getting a proper and fair chance.
                          i dont really consider 3rd round and on to be busts, shipley and summers wont be known as busts, they will be known as wasted picks. basically how urbik will be remembered. he didnt have value at that spot so it was more of a reach and fail more than a bust.

                          i hope the man turns into a perennial pro bowler and makes me look like a ******* idiot...that would be awesome
                          E]

                          Comment


                          • As drafniks we all have our opinions on our picks; mostly from clips and other peoples views. When you watch a player for several years you have a more solid perspective of what he is like. For instance, I like the Limas Sweed pick because he looked good the couple times I saw him in college. Now that I've seen him with clumsy hands, buffoon feet and terrible psyche, I can't see him being of any use to us. I watch a lot of big 10 games and usually have a more solid perspective on players from that conference. Hence my fascination with Brandon Graham and to a lesser extent Andrew Quarless, among others. I never saw Urbik as a premiere talent. I would love for him to prove me wrong. It happened with Larry Foote. I thought he was a player who peaked in college and was too small and slow to be anything other than a special teams player in the nfl. a couple seasons ago I thought he was our most consistant and mvp. Since Urbik was behind Legursky and foster, obviously the coaches are not enamored with him either.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by PittPete View Post
                              As drafniks we all have our opinions on our picks; mostly from clips and other peoples views. When you watch a player for several years you have a more solid perspective of what he is like. For instance, I like the Limas Sweed pick because he looked good the couple times I saw him in college. Now that I've seen him with clumsy hands, buffoon feet and terrible psyche, I can't see him being of any use to us. I watch a lot of big 10 games and usually have a more solid perspective on players from that conference. Hence my fascination with Brandon Graham and to a lesser extent Andrew Quarless, among others. I never saw Urbik as a premiere talent. I would love for him to prove me wrong. It happened with Larry Foote. I thought he was a player who peaked in college and was too small and slow to be anything other than a special teams player in the nfl. a couple seasons ago I thought he was our most consistant and mvp. Since Urbik was behind Legursky and foster, obviously the coaches are not enamored with him either.

                              exactly...i have opinions about players well before we draft them, i am all about the draft as all you guys are im sure...its the main reason i watch college football. i didnt like hood for the steelers, but id be thrilled if i was a colts fan and they drafted him.

                              never liked urbik at all, he didnt do anything to change my mind. if im wrong, then damnit ill admit i was wrong. i HATED the idea of drafting revis a few years ago, the man made me eat my words in a big way
                              E]

                              Comment


                              • So who are we drafting to replace Holmes?
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information