Steelers 2010 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
    So who are we drafting to replace Holmes?
    I'd target Bryant, but the team probably won't, given the fact he's also got some issues.

Golden Tate, Bey Bey, Arrelious Benn are the top three guys other than Bryant for me. Those three could be special players.

Tate plays like a Steve Smith/Hines Ward hybrid, Bey Bey is like Brandon Marshall, and Benn is like Boldin.

Any of the three would be great additions / replacements.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
      I'd target Bryant, but the team probably won't, given the fact he's also got some issues.

Golden Tate, Bey Bey, Arrelious Benn are the top three guys other than Bryant for me. Those three could be special players.

Tate plays like a Steve Smith/Hines Ward hybrid, Bey Bey is like Brandon Marshall, and Benn is like Boldin.

Any of the three would be great additions / replacements.
      So do you think WR is a first round need then? I think it might be, but it'll be all about value of WR prospects vs. value of prospects available at other positions of need.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

• Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
        So do you think WR is a first round need then? I think it might be, but it'll be all about value of WR prospects vs. value of prospects available at other positions of need.
        Other than Bryant, all other guys would be reaches at 18. Justifiable? Sure. But I'd rather trade down for either of them, or trade back up in the second.

If Pouncey or Iupati or Graham or Thomas are available in the first, and Bryant is gone, I'd take one of them and trade up in the second.

Otherwise, trade down in the first.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Philly and Pittsburgh both have 11 picks. If Philly wanted to grab two R1 players, would you pull the trigger on this:

Pitt 1.18 + 5.151 + 5.155 (Holmes) <---> 2.37 (McNabb) + 2.55 + 4.105 Philly

On traditional points, that's 960 we're giving up and 964 we're receiving.

Would then have:

5.164 C
          5.166 C
          7.242 C

I personally like the idea of 6 picks R2-4.

Just thinkin'.
          Last edited by Finnegans Wake; 04-12-2010, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
            Philly and Pittsburgh both have 10 picks. If Philly wanted to grab two R1 players, would you pull the trigger on this:

Pitt 1.18 + 5.151 + 5.155 (Holmes) <---> 2.37 (McNabb) + 3.82 + 4.105 Philly

Would then have:

5.164 C
            5.166 C
            7.242 C

Just thinkin'.
            Again, no Pouncey or Iupati or Graham or Thomas, and that would be perfect.

Also, why three second rounders? Wouldn't it be two second rounders and two thirds?

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Philly and Pittsburgh both have 10 picks. If Philly wanted to grab two R1 players, would you pull the trigger on this:

Pitt 1.18 + 5.151 + 5.155 (Holmes) <---> 2.37 (McNabb) + 3.82 + 4.105 Philly

Would then have:

5.164 C
              5.166 C
              7.242 C

Just thinkin'.
              I'd rather have 18.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Again, no Pouncey or Iupati or Graham or Thomas, and that would be perfect.

Also, why three second rounders? Wouldn't it be two second rounders and two thirds?
                Corrected the original. We get their two R2 for our R1, and they get our two R5 non-comps for a R4.

Comment

Corrected the original. We get their two R2 for our R1, and they get our two R5 non-comps for a R4.
                  Three seconds would be awesome.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• We have 11 picks, not 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                      We have 11 picks, not 10.
                      Yeah, what the hell? We both have 11 picks. You can tell it's a Monday.

Comment

• i would trade the 4th, both 5ths and the 6th and 7th for a 2nd and 3rd or something.

then just have 4-5 picks in the first 3 rounds and the comp picks. no way we need all 11 picks
                        E]

Comment

• what's up guys, got a question for you...

How much water does Iupati's Senior Bowl performance hold as far as how you view him as a prospect? I had him in a mock to you at 18 w/ McClain, Spiller, Haden, ET, and Dez all off the board. Got ripped apart for it by Steeler fans basically saying that Guards shouldn't be taken that high, and he's not the elite prospect we thought he was after Geno Atkins got the better of him at the Senior Bowl, that C/OT are bigger needs for you, etc.

Am I just taking crazy pills or is that generally how Steeler fans feel about Iupati?

and just a sidenote: with you're second pick would you rather have Jahvid Best or Mardy Gilyard?
                          Last edited by TheFinisher; 04-19-2010, 07:06 AM.
                          Cowboys Mock:
                          1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                          2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                          3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• I'd rather have Pouncey. He would start from day one and improve this offense. Iupati could as well, but if they're both there Id take Pouncey.

In the 2nd, if they're looking at receiver, I'd like to trade up and land Golden Tate or Benn. Those are my two favorite receivers in this draft.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                              what's up guys, got a question for you...

How much water does Iupati's Senior Bowl performance hold as far as how you view him as a prospect? I had him in a mock to you at 18 w/ McClain, Spiller, Haden, ET, and Dez all off the board. Got ripped apart for it by Steeler fans basically saying that Guards shouldn't be taken that high, and he's not the elite prospect we thought he was after Geno Atkins got the better of him at the Senior Bowl, that C/OT are bigger needs for you, etc.

Am I just taking crazy pills or is that generally how Steeler fans feel about Iupati?

and just a sidenote: with you're second pick would you rather have Jahvid Best or Mardy Gilyard?
                              With McClain, Spiller, Haden, ET, and Dez off the board, I think the pick is between Iupati and Pouncey, Graham also just because we all really want him, lol.

I'd like Iupati, and have no issues taking him at 18 with those guys off the board. While it is hard to justify a guard at 18, it's just as hard do to so for a center, so if someone says we shouldn't go guard at 18 because they shouldn't go that high but still want a center there, they've got a very questionable argument.

The highest centers have gone recently are Jeff Faine and Alex Mack at 21 each, with guards being somewhere around those picks too.

Iupati's still a great pick at 18 for us, no matter if guards shouldn't go that high. We need help all across the line, and while center is also a big need for us, tackle not so much. As nice as it'd be to get a franchise tackle, the top 4 guys will be gone and we're not taking Bruce Campbell. Plus, the coaching staff really like Starks and Colon as the starters, much to our frustration. They played well at time last year, but we could do better.

And for the record, I don't know why Pouncey's stock soared from a mid second rounder to a mid first rounder. The guy didn't do that much IMO to warrant such an increase, but that's the way these things happen, I suppose. People all of a sudden started lauding him and he rose. A mid-first center should be the next Dermontti Dawson.

Plus, we always go BPA in the first two rounds. Usually if it meets an area of need, we go there, like Hood last year. So I think Iupati could be near the top of the list with the way your draft went.

And for the second pick, trade up for Tate or Benn. If not, I'd go Best, just to have another RB. We have Mendenhall, Mewelde Moore, and three guys with a whopping 3 games of experience from all three combined.

Hope this helps.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

With McClain, Spiller, Haden, ET, and Dez off the board, I think the pick is between Iupati and Pouncey, Graham also just because we all really want him, lol.

I'd like Iupati, and have no issues taking him at 18 with those guys off the board. While it is hard to justify a guard at 18, it's just as hard do to so for a center, so if someone says we shouldn't go guard at 18 because they shouldn't go that high but still want a center there, they've got a very questionable argument.

The highest centers have gone recently are Jeff Faine and Alex Mack at 21 each, with guards being somewhere around those picks too.

Iupati's still a great pick at 18 for us, no matter if guards shouldn't go that high. We need help all across the line, and while center is also a big need for us, tackle not so much. As nice as it'd be to get a franchise tackle, the top 4 guys will be gone and we're not taking Bruce Campbell. Plus, the coaching staff really like Starks and Colon as the starters, much to our frustration. They played well at time last year, but we could do better.

And for the record, I don't know why Pouncey's stock soared from a mid second rounder to a mid first rounder. The guy didn't do that much IMO to warrant such an increase, but that's the way these things happen, I suppose. People all of a sudden started lauding him and he rose. A mid-first center should be the next Dermontti Dawson.

Plus, we always go BPA in the first two rounds. Usually if it meets an area of need, we go there, like Hood last year. So I think Iupati could be near the top of the list with the way your draft went.

And for the second pick, trade up for Tate or Benn. If not, I'd go Best, just to have another RB. We have Mendenhall, Mewelde Moore, and three guys with a whopping 3 games of experience from all three combined.

Hope this helps.
                                i always thought pouncey would be a first rounder, not so much a top 15 consideration but the man can ball. im saying pouncey > mack/wood/unger. just a notch below mangold and a notch below mangold=pro bowl center

i dont know how ben isnt terrified to take snaps from hartwig. imo pouncey is a much more refined player than iupati but both have elite potential.

on a side note....draft is getting ******* close lol
                                E]

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information