Steelers Mock Drafts Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelers Mock Drafts Thread

Why don't we all post them in the same thread?

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

I dont know. I made a similar thread to this one a while ago that no one really paid attention to, so feel free to lock that one and we can use this one instead.

Comment

I'll start it off. I'll try to use player rankings to make this believable.

RD1- Ted Ginn, Jr. WR Ohio St.
      Just mixing it up. Ginn has world class speed and immediately becomes a nice vertical threat and dangerous return man. You can't teach speed but you can teach route running. He will be our #3 for acouple of years until Ward retires and though might not have the receiving yards you would want his total yards will be amazing.

RD2- Tony Ugoh OT Arkansas
      Has amazing feet and strength. Big bodied with long arms. Moves like a TE. Will need to learn pass protection a little more since he played in a run oriented offense. But has LT potential and will learn play RT for a few years. Replacement for Smith perhaps.

RD3- Brian Robison OLB Texas
      Can play DE in the 4-3 and OLB in the 3-4. Has great athleticism. Sack numbers never great but seems to have a nack for getting into the backfield with career 42 TFL. But he is crazy athletic and said is willing to play or do whatever the coaches ask of him in the next level.

RD4- Anthony Waters ILB Clemson
      Waters had two big seasons as a sophomore and junior then an injury had him only play limited action last year. But before he was a gifted athlete that was always making plays in the backfield. Has good coverage skills and the size to cover the TE.

RD5- John Talley CB Duke
      Career 33 PBU's 18 INT's for 395 yards. Great coverage guy. Natural ability and understands the game. Knock on him is size and speed. Both average at 5-11 and 180lbs with 4.55 speed. But has a nice burst and plays bigger than he is. A true football player.

RD6- Kolby Smith RB Louisville
      Perfect compliment to Willie Parker. 5-11 220lbs. Has nice hands and good up the gut runner. Has good athleticism and a team player doing whatever has been asked of him. Was going to play FB until Bush went down and ended up leading the team in rushing with 862 yards at 5.6 yard per crack.

RD7- Kurt Quarterman OG Louisville
      Big bruising roadgrader that pushed open holes for Bush and Smith. Gives us some nice depth at interior line.

Comment

I hate Ginn as our first round pick, but everything after that looks great. A WR in the first round two years in a row is going to start to make us look like the Lions, and it just isn't that serious of a need. Ward, Holmes, and Washington can handle the load for the most part, Wilson is good in a backup role, and Willie Reid is waiting to get a chance to play. I know we will be running more 3 reciever sets, but I think we have good enough guys to go with that. Plus throw in Miller and you have at least 4 good recievers on the field at a given time. All we really need is a little quality depth that we can groom for the future.

But again, the rest of the picks look stellar, and if we pulled off something close to that on draft day I would be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by skarocksoi View Post
          I hate Ginn as our first round pick, but everything after that looks great. A WR in the first round two years in a row is going to start to make us look like the Lions, and it just isn't that serious of a need. Ward, Holmes, and Washington can handle the load for the most part, Wilson is good in a backup role, and Willie Reid is waiting to get a chance to play. I know we will be running more 3 reciever sets, but I think we have good enough guys to go with that. Plus throw in Miller and you have at least 4 good recievers on the field at a given time. All we really need is a little quality depth that we can groom for the future.

But again, the rest of the picks look stellar, and if we pulled off something close to that on draft day I would be happy.
          i agree i dfont lik e ginn as our first pick, but after that i like the picks

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Originally posted by TheGunShow View Post
            I'll start it off. I'll try to use player rankings to make this believable.

RD1- Ted Ginn, Jr. WR Ohio St.
            Just mixing it up. Ginn has world class speed and immediately becomes a nice vertical threat and dangerous return man. You can't teach speed but you can teach route running. He will be our #3 for acouple of years until Ward retires and though might not have the receiving yards you would want his total yards will be amazing.

RD2- Tony Ugoh OT Arkansas
            Has amazing feet and strength. Big bodied with long arms. Moves like a TE. Will need to learn pass protection a little more since he played in a run oriented offense. But has LT potential and will learn play RT for a few years. Replacement for Smith perhaps.

RD3- Brian Robison OLB Texas
            Can play DE in the 4-3 and OLB in the 3-4. Has great athleticism. Sack numbers never great but seems to have a nack for getting into the backfield with career 42 TFL. But he is crazy athletic and said is willing to play or do whatever the coaches ask of him in the next level.

RD4- Anthony Waters ILB Clemson
            Waters had two big seasons as a sophomore and junior then an injury had him only play limited action last year. But before he was a gifted athlete that was always making plays in the backfield. Has good coverage skills and the size to cover the TE.

RD5- John Talley CB Duke
            Career 33 PBU's 18 INT's for 395 yards. Great coverage guy. Natural ability and understands the game. Knock on him is size and speed. Both average at 5-11 and 180lbs with 4.55 speed. But has a nice burst and plays bigger than he is. A true football player.

RD6- Kolby Smith RB Louisville
            Perfect compliment to Willie Parker. 5-11 220lbs. Has nice hands and good up the gut runner. Has good athleticism and a team player doing whatever has been asked of him. Was going to play FB until Bush went down and ended up leading the team in rushing with 862 yards at 5.6 yard per crack.

RD7- Kurt Quarterman OG Louisville
            Big bruising roadgrader that pushed open holes for Bush and Smith. Gives us some nice depth at interior line.
            I know your just trying to be original but I hate Ted Ginn

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
            Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
              I know your just trying to be original but I hate Ted Ginn
              I like Ted Gin alot. But as our number 1 pick i dont like it at all.

Comment

I just dont think hes a good fit for the steelers, and I just feel like he could be a huge bust. He's either gonna be a superstar reciever or a major bust. I'd rather have a guy who will be consistantly solid with a chance to be great than a guy who could swing either way.

Comment

yeah i agree, honestly id rather have jarrett than ginn

Comment

I disagree guys, I dont want him in the first at all. However if he falls to the second id love to get him. He would actually fit the Steelers terrific. Great SPT and also a danger of a recieving threat who will spread the defense, perhaps draw a seafety on the double team deep. Leaving room for Miller in the middle. Just imagine our offense with him fora second. Pretty incrediable.

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                      yeah i agree, honestly id rather have jarrett than ginn
                      I hate Jarrett

Comment

Originally posted by skarocksoi View Post
                        I just dont think hes a good fit for the steelers, and I just feel like he could be a huge bust. He's either gonna be a superstar reciever or a major bust. I'd rather have a guy who will be consistantly solid with a chance to be great than a guy who could swing either way.
                        I have to disagree. Worst case scenario http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MuX24Iy7XU

Comment

I really think you guys are underating him. Hes more than a staright line deep threat you guys make him out to be.

Take a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrg...elated&search=

How in H E double hockey sticks is that versatility and playmaking ability not a fit fot the Steelers.

I should prob mention those highlight dont include this year. The guys that vdamn impressive
                          Last edited by Man_Of_Steel; 03-11-2007, 02:46 PM.

Comment

im not saying he isnt a good player.. he is an okay reciever and a great return man, but he just isnt a good fit for the steelers

i can show highlight videos too... of players that are better fits for us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UURS6...elated&search=

and say what you want about jarrett, but damn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUU_A9ZTmyk

also, 36 td's in 35 games at that point

Comment

Dude, give some input, just dont say "hes not a good fit for the Steelers". Why? Why is he not a good fit. Hes a great fit. Just because hes not worthy of our first rounder doesent mean hes not a good fit.
                              Hes a perfect fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information