No announcement yet.

Pittsburgh Steelers Official Draft Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know i'm late to the party. But i'm just going to try half of it. The later rounds are so miss.

1. Pouncey Center
    2. Cody NT
    3. Tate Rb
    4. Mitchell WR
    5.a) Edds ILB
    5.b) Geathers 3-4DE
    5.c) Warren Cb
    5.d) Arthur Moats Olb
    6. Tiffin K
    7.a)
    7.b)
    Last edited by brat316; 04-22-2010, 01:40 PM.

Comment

I'll take my shot in the dark. Since everyone is going with the chalk pick (Pouncey), I'll go contrarian. Not saying this is how I would go, but it seems to generally fit how I think we'll be going after value in the draft.

1.27 – OT Rodger Saffold, Indiana. Steelers deal with the devil (Jerry Jones) and move back to 1.27, and also receive the Cowboys 2.59 in exchange for the Steelers 4.116. The Cowboys are targeting Anthony Davis as a replacement for Flozell Adams, but in Saffold the Steelers see a flex O-lineman who can start at RG and bring immediate value as a run-blocker. Saffold can play the tackle spots as well, and could move to LT as a player with the same frame as Marvel Smith.

2.52 – OLB Jason Worilds, Virginia Tech. Worilds has speed to burn and will offer depth to a Steelers OLB group that has a 31-year-old starter. At the least, Worilds could platoon with Woodley and Harrison to keep them fresh.

2.59 – DE Alex Carrington, Arkansas State. In 1997, Mike Tomlin was hired by Arkansas State to coach wide receivers. In 1998, he began coaching DBs at Arkansas State. In 2009, Tomlin’s Steelers drafted TE David Johnson from Arkansas State. And in 2010, I expect the Steelers will again draft some DE help. If Ziggy Hood looks to feature more as the RDE in the mold of Keisel, then Carrington is the proto 3-4 LDE, a gutsy run-stopper more in the Aaron Smith mold. And when Smith goes out with injury, our defense suffers.

3.82 – WR Andre Roberts, Citadel. With the departure of Holmes, the Steelers will be looking for WR help, as Ward is long in the tooth, and neither Randle El nor Arnaz Battle offer any long-term value. Roberts has the hands and route running to handle difficult work in the middle of the field. Steelers will also look very hard at Emmanuel Sanders.

5.151 – CB Walter Thurmond, Oregon. Steelers drafted two CBs last year and will have the patience to see how they work out, but with Ike nearing 30 and the NFL the creature that it is, you can never have too many CBs. Some folks think a CB in R1-3 is a must for the Steelers, but IMO improved DL and SS play with Smith and Polamalu back will help whoever starts across from Ike. Thurmond was at one time considered a R1-2 talent, but injuries drop him. If he can rehab his knee, the Steelers could have a diamond in the rough.

5.155 – S Kam Chancellor, Virginia Tech. Tomlin snags another VT to offer depth at SS. Described as a player Tomlin has his eye on, Chancellor has some questionable coverage speed, and may not be able to flex to FS, but he can’t be any damned slower than Tyrone Carter. Projected as a R3-4 guy right now, I see Chancellor falling in a draft loaded with safeties. That 4.62 speed won’t help him, either.

5.164 – ILB Micah Johnson, Kentucky. With the return of Larry Foote, the Steelers have four ILB they’d like to keep on roster. Five makes a crowd, unless you’re drafting another injury flyer and putting him on IR. Johnson is a thumper with some decent upside who could take a year to learn the system.

5.166 – RB Joique Bell, Wayne State. Steelers actually brought in LeGarrette Blount for a visit, but it’s doubtful they’ll roll the dice on any guys with character concerns. Still, they want a bigger sized COP back who can win the short yardage battles. Bell’s measured speed isn’t going to floor anyone, but he was wildly productive at a lower LOC and could be the guy who complements Mendenhall.

6.188 – NT Callahan Bright, Shaw. The Steelers have Bright’s brother, Eugene, on the roster and are still trying to figure out where to play him. They may have some insight into Callahan, who is trying to break into the NFL after turning his life around from some legal issues. Once a top prospect coming out of HS, Bright has the frame and strength to become a solid NT, but he will need a couple of years of strength and conditioning. That dovetails nicely with the Steelers contract with Hampton.

7.242 – FS Quentin Scott, Northern Iowa. 6’4”, 224#, and 4.43 speed. One-year starter as a senior, JUCO transfer, will need coached up. Has played S and LB, but teams are also looking at him as a WR. In short, this kid’s an athlete, and it might be fun where he could fit here.

Comment

I went with my dream scenario. :)

Could happen.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Jakey

1. Brandon Graham - OLB - Michigan
          2. Golden Tate - WR - Notre Dame
          3. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah - CB - IUP
          4. LeGarrette Blount - RB - Oregon
          5.a) Al Woods - NT - LSU
          5.b) Clifton Gaethers - DE - South Carolina
          5.c) Kyle Calloway - OT - Iowa
          5.d) TJ Ward - S - Oregon
          6. Joe Webb - WR - Birmingham - Alabama
          7. Chris DeGeare - OG - Wake Forest

FINALLLLLLLLLZ.

Comment

10 minutes guys!!!!!

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Here's mine. Sorry, I was out most of the day.

1) Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
              2) Chris Cook CB Virginia
              3) Emmanuel Sanders WR SMU
              4) Brandon Spikes LB Florida
              5a) Clifton Geathers DE South Carolina
              5b) Jeff Owens NT Georgia
              5c) LaGarrette Blount RB Oregon
              5d) Nate Byham TE Pittsburgh
              6) Chris DeGeare G Wake Forrest
              7) Adrian Tracy OLB William and Mary

Comment

9 of us got the first pick right YEAAHHHH.

Comment

Hey guys - couldn't get on the site till last night around 10 p.m. cause of high traffic on the site. Wouldn't load but I posted my Steelers mock on the main thread in this forum. Here it is re-post (you can claim ineligibility if you want but I missed the first pick anyway so I'm two down on all of you right away haha):

1 - Earl Thomas
                  2 - Corey Wootton
                  3 - Emmanuel Sanders
                  4 - Anthony Dixon
                  5 - Clifton Geathers
                  5 - Obrien Schofield
                  5 - Charles Scott
                  5 - Myron Rolle
                  6 - Ed Wang
                  7 - Doug Worthington

Comment

who is winning this so far?

Comment

Looks like Death is winning it with 4 points.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                        Looks like Death is winning it with 4 points.
                        Yup, DeathbyStat is winning right now.

Updated the points today. Basically, if the player has been chose, I assigned the points, be it 0, 1, or 2.

Most guys with points got them for Pouncey, and some of us (myself included :() still have a big fat 0.
                        Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn; 04-24-2010, 03:20 AM.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Wow, well i've been pretty sucky so far XD

Comment

And the winner is:

DEATHBYSTAT!

You are superior than us. + rep.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                              And the winner is:

DEATHBYSTAT!

You are superior than us. + rep.
                              Thanks to everyone for playing, it was a good time.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                              Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Congrats DeathByStat. +rep for you. Also I get no love on picking the Steelers 7th rounder? Come on boys that's the toughest one!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information