No announcement yet.

Roethlisberger suspension racist!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one that think New England Pats are out there trying to find some women to accuse half of the Colts team in hopes they get suspended this season?

The issue I have with this suspension is he was not charged or arrested for this, it could simply all be an accusation. Hitler is setting some dangerous presidents that are trampling all over constitution and human rights. At his pace he is destine to create bigger problems and tarnish the image of the NFL.

Truth be told the real culprit of tarnishing the NFLs image is the media.

What happens when a girl cries wolf when indeed there was never any wolf to begin with? Some poor guy is going to have his career blacked eyed if he gets treated teh way Ben has.

Comment

I don't think it matters if Ben was charged he was the idiot who put himself in the situation for this to happen. He is a high profile athlete with a pending rape lawsuit and so is an easy target for future accusations. Yet he still thought it was a good idea to go to some ****** college bar and surround himself with drunk women. If any company had a high profile employee involved in something like this they would probably want to distance themselves whether or not he was guilty. I think this just sets the precedent that players can't be drunk jackasses and put themselves in compromising situations anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillysteeler View Post
        I don't think it matters if Ben was charged he was the idiot who put himself in the situation for this to happen. He is a high profile athlete with a pending rape lawsuit and so is an easy target for future accusations. Yet he still thought it was a good idea to go to some ****** college bar and surround himself with drunk women. If any company had a high profile employee involved in something like this they would probably want to distance themselves whether or not he was guilty. I think this just sets the precedent that players can't be drunk jackasses and put themselves in compromising situations anymore.
        I agree with this to a point, but how much should he have to sacrifice? And what's to stop someone from accusing him anyways? The other girl who made an accusation, if I remember correctly, did so when he was staying at a hotel for a golf tourney or something. What's to stop anyone from saying any player did something to them?

I mean, say player X is out with his wife/girlfriend at a reasonably nice restaurant. He goes to the bathroom, or maybe steps outside to make a call and some gold digger sees and recognizes him, and maybe stops him to get a picture. Then she goes on to say that he raped her or assaulted her or something. Goodell has set the precedent that he can punish that player with no conviction or even charges brought against him.

The girl would have photo evidence, the two might have been seen by a third party who could corroborate them being seen together, and all she would need is a friend to lie for her and say he was acting shady. Pick a player with an already shady rep or someone known for enjoying the nightlife and you have a guaranteed suspension. And the scenario isn't all that crazy that it couldn't happen. If Goodell keeps this up, he's going to suspend someone who really didn't deserve it and possibly ruin their career.

Comment

I agree with that pretty much but I think for the most part it is somewhat easy to tell things that are fairly frivolous especially with cameras being everywhere and if only two people say something with no corroborating evidence. In this last case you could at least place Ben in the same building and maybe even the same bathroom as the girl and it was a bar. For Ben from now on he is gonna have to stay out of bars which sucks, but its the position he put himself in. I agree that this may open itself up to over zealous fans trying to screw over some player, but if you can't put that player in a room alone with the accuser nothing will come of it. I think athletes just need to realize who they are and keep themselves out of possibly damaging situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillysteeler View Post
            I agree with that pretty much but I think for the most part it is somewhat easy to tell things that are fairly frivolous especially with cameras being everywhere and if only two people say something with no corroborating evidence. In this last case you could at least place Ben in the same building and maybe even the same bathroom as the girl and it was a bar. For Ben from now on he is gonna have to stay out of bars which sucks, but its the position he put himself in. I agree that this may open itself up to over zealous fans trying to screw over some player, but if you can't put that player in a room alone with the accuser nothing will come of it. I think athletes just need to realize who they are and keep themselves out of possibly damaging situations.
            All true, and I'm not saying if Ben is guilty or not, I just think the penalty was heavy handed not thought through. I don't think there was any evidence to him being in the bathroom, just the accounts of people, though enough people to believe it true. My fear is that Goodell is making judgements on what he thinks of a player and how that player made the NFL look in the eyes of the public. He's really being punished by the media because they drew so much attention to it.

The question is, what happens if someone accuses a guy like Donovan McNabb or Tony Romo of sexual assault? A guy who's considered a high character person? You suspended Ben with no real evidence, no conviction, and no charges brought against him, so now you have to do the same. Or what about a guy like Marvin Harrison? Everyone thought he was a saint, but now there's people linking him to a murder for hire. Again, no real evidence or charges, but there is a police investigation. If he were still playing, would he be suspended? They didn't suspend him when it first happened. Very similar situation, but the media didn't crucify him.

I personally think that Ben should have gotten a conditional 4 game suspension, reduced to two if he gets some counciling and stays out of trouble. That would be reasonable for anyone and looks more like an intervention than a guilty verdict. I mean, for all we know, that girl could have asked him into the bathroom and maybe Ben shut her down and she got pissed. Or maybe he tried to get physical, she said no and he threw some insults at her way so she said something to get him back. Or maybe it was all consensual and she lured the idiot in there to make some cash. No one knows and no one will know except for Ben and that girl. A two game suspension for being a dumbass seems reasonable and fair.

Anyway, thats enough of me ranting. You could really go and debate this forever if you wanted. At this point, Im just sick of hearing about it.

Comment

I pretty much agree with what you said. I could see four games reducing to two a la Vick. The only thing I do have to say is Harrison was involved in that murder. It was his gun that originally wounded the guy, then when it looked like he was gonna go to the cops, he got shot a bunch of times while sitting in his car. The only reason Harrison wasn't charged is because its north philly and no one talks to the cops or they will be next. That was a bit off topic but you still hear about it from time to time in philly. But back on topic yea the suspension probably could have been shorter.

Comment

This thread is a joke. You can't be racist against white people only white people are racist against blacks!!!!
                Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                Just let it go RWO.
                We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                  This thread is a joke. You can't be racist against white people only white people are racist against blacks!!!!
                  Not sure if serious.

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                    But what if the white person is a ginger?

Comment

lol...he got 4-6 games and wasn't convicted. If anything, GODdell was overly hard on Roethlisberger. He shouldn't have been suspended that long for being accused of rape...however, I'm glad he was suspended for being a ******* idiot. Still love him though...

Comment

not racist. financially motivated.

Comment

The league killed Chris Henry, is that sentence heavy enough for ya?

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information