1st Round Jarvis Moss

2nd Round Tanard Jackson

3rd Round Sampson Satele

Discuss

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

BLECH!

Two guys with character concerns, and another center, seems like he tried to go by his team needs (OL, LB, CB). Wonder if Scott took the Mahan signing into consideration? The good news is usually no one can peg the Steeler picks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
      1st Round Jarvis Moss

2nd Round Tanard Jackson

3rd Round Sampson Satele

Discuss
      Ehhh.. I'd rather not..

Jarvis Moss.. Pot head and I don't want to use a high pick at OLB. Obviously Scott hasn't heard we are moving Keisel to OLB.

Tanard Jackson I love, but I'm not sure if he's fast enough for the pro game and the last thing I'd want is to draft another round 2 CB thats too slow and would be better set at FS.

Samson Satele is interesting. Don't forget, pre-season he was ranked the #1 gaurd prospect in the country.. over Grubbs Blalock and such. He could be an interesting pick.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

dont like it
        dont like it
        dont like it

and slurve is right, hopefully everyone else doesnt know what we are doing

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

[QUOTE=Mr. Stiller;220260]Ehhh.. I'd rather not..

" Obviously Scott hasn't heard we are moving Keisel to OLB."

Where did you hear this?

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

[QUOTE=DeathbyStat;220557]
            Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
            Ehhh.. I'd rather not..

" Obviously Scott hasn't heard we are moving Keisel to OLB."

Where did you hear this?
            i think that is just a rumor, nothing factual. i could be wrong, although i have not read anything saying such.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

[QUOTE=terribletowel39;220590]

i think that is just a rumor, nothing factual. i could be wrong, although i have not read anything saying such.
              I don't think its a great idea

Mike Tirico

Comment

[QUOTE=DeathbyStat;220603]
                Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post

I don't think its a great idea
                ehh....i have no idea how i feel about. depends on how he does. i am hesistant to think that he is fast enough and how he would do in coverage. he is a big ol' white boy. that might be stereotyping but hey whatev.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

[QUOTE=terribletowel39;220629]

ehh....i have no idea how i feel about. depends on how he does. i am hesistant to think that he is fast enough and how he would do in coverage. he is a big ol' white boy. that might be stereotyping but hey whatev.
                  I'm not sure if he is fast enough either, As the days pass I'm not liking Jarvis Moss more and more but we need a dynamic pass rusher.

Mike Tirico

Comment

if our history is any indication, then we will prolly pick up a pass rusher in the later rounds

porter / haggans were 3rd and 4th i believe

gildon - round 3

i think with such a deep draft class we will prolly do this again...

i dont know though, we have a # of diff ways we can go

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

1st pick we take Bowe, 2nd we go after a DE/OLB 3rd DE/DT Alama Francis (sp) from Hawaii

Comment

I had Statele in an earlier mock before we got Mahan because he has played both center and guard at Hawaii and could play at either for us. I wouldn't take him in the 3rd however, especially with Tony Hunt still on the board. I'd rather take Spencer than Moss in the first, but I still think our best move would be a trade down if possible. I'm also not high on a CB in the second.

It seems to me like everybody outside of the Steelers board bases their mocks on needs that dont really need fixed. We have several decent CB's and really only need future depth at the position, which to me says at the earliest a 3rd round pick. But whatever.

Comment

Please go BPA

Most of the mocks I see have us going OLB/DE - either Moss or Spencer.

I just am not sold on either of these guys as a future superstar.

I just hope the Steelers go BPA in Round 1.

What do you guys think of Brian Robison as a pass rusher in Rd 3? Or perhaps Quentin Moses is a thought in Rd 2? It looks like he'll definitely be there.

Comment

Originally posted by TerribleEd View Post
                            Most of the mocks I see have us going OLB/DE - either Moss or Spencer.

I just am not sold on either of these guys as a future superstar.

I just hope the Steelers go BPA in Round 1.

What do you guys think of Brian Robison as a pass rusher in Rd 3? Or perhaps Quentin Moses is a thought in Rd 2? It looks like he'll definitely be there.
                            Ed I'm in the same boat. If I had to pick between Moss and Spencer, it'd be Spencer.

But we're moving Keisel to the "Adalius Thomas" Role. Meaning We have a gap at DE.

We have 2 starters at OLB. Now we're drafting depth. Of course With DE being the only position without a starter, that becomes your immediate need.

Then you have to look at who might be leaving?

Offense:

OL - Smith, Faneca, Simmons and Kemo are on the last season of their contracts, can we sign all 4 back? Do we want to?

RB - We need another back, because if I read the Tomlin interview correctly, he wants a dual-back system, not a backup RB.

WR - It's difficult to run a 3-4 wide WR set with only 2 starting caliber WR's. Perhaps Wilson will play better, but I don't like guessing at 2M a year.

TE - Could use a cheaper blocking TE behind Miller, but It's not necesarily a big issue.

Defense:

DL: We need atleast 1 DE if we kept last years lineup. Well Smith is back, Bailey's not and Keisel is dropping to OLB. So, we need 2 DE's. Likely 1 starter and 1 Backup. I'm thinking Carriker, but I don't know if he'll be there unless a trade up. Then again, there's a slew of midround guys. Alford, Soliai, etc.

OLB: Well we have 3 guys thus far, we do need another backup. Is that worth a first rounder? Even if Haggans gets cut next year. I hear that a first rounder should have an immediate impact? How often does a rookie on defense start? I'm all for Pass Rush, but I think Keisel will really boost that up this season. I'm thinking rd 3 or day two. You have a slew of guys.

Brian Robinson, Tim Crowder, Victor Abiamiri.. Day 2 you have: Jacob Ford, Jason Jack, Baraka Atkins, Antwan Applewhite, Greg Patterson, CJ Ah You, Jason Trusnik, Victor DeGrate, Marquies Gunn, Darrell Burston, Mike McFadden and so on.

CB: If we draft one, it should be a first rounder/Shut down type, and I don't see us getting one not named Revis or Houston... if we take one later, we'll just add to the masses we already have.

S: We need a backup SS and I really like Sabby Piscatelli for it in rd 4/5.

P: Could use an extra 4th, or our 5th on Sep/Podlesh. I'm thinking, with the youth and depth issues we have, we'd be better off saving our 4th/5th for someone that'll see more PT, and maybe draft or Sign Graessle. He's played at Heinz Stadium the last 4 years, he can handle Kickoffs and he's got a huge boot. We were going after a former Pitt Punter.. Possibly because he has a lot of experience in Pitt's stadium?

I'm really thinking into it too much I believe, but.. I can't help but think our first pick will be offense. They'll either contribute immediately or next season... defense wouldn't unless Branch/Carriker Fell.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I don't mind Moss, I don't know much about Jackson. However, I'd MUCH rather have Tony Hunt over Satele.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information