Scott's mock update

1.Leon Hall

2.Tim Crowder

3.Samson Satele

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

i like this one a lot better, i mean im not a HUGE fan of drafting a first round corner but it may not be a horrible thing...

i like crowder in the 2nd

not a fan of the statle pick still

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

i dont see us passing up on buster davis in the 3rd...

especially since tomlin loves FSU players

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Hall is a decent value but I don't think any of the corners in this draft are on the elite level.

I don't think crowder can play 3-4 OLB.

I really want Hunt in the third, Scott has him going in the 2nd to green bay

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

I don't want Hall as our first round pick. I think he is a product of a good pass rush and I personally feel he will be a bust. I'd rather take a guy with great measurables that could become an elite corner with some Tomlin attention. I don't think we should go corner in the first, but I think Revis or Houston would be better choices than Hall.

Comment

I just don't think any of the corners at the top of the draft are elite.

Mike Tirico

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                I just don't think any of the corners at the top of the draft are elite.
                I think Revis Will be, I think Houston will be solid not elite, and I think Hall will bust.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Brett Kiesel to LB

Thought I'd throw my two-cents into the Brett Kiesel to LB rumor.

Jim Wexell interviewed Brett Kiesel earlier this week and asked him about the potential position change.

Brett answered that the team has approached him about the move, and his answer was that he would love to play OLB. This is straight from the horses mouth.

If he got his weight down to the low 270's, I think he could stand up in the 3-4 as a rush-only linebacker, and also drop into a three-point stance as a 4-3 DE.

Anyone else think Alan Branch might slide down to #15 after another disappointing performance at Michigan's pro day? Tomlin was in attendance at their pro day. A selection like this would make the Brett Keisel position change make all the more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by TerribleEd View Post
                    Thought I'd throw my two-cents into the Brett Kiesel to LB rumor.

Jim Wexell interviewed Brett Kiesel earlier this week and asked him about the potential position change.

Brett answered that the team has approached him about the move, and his answer was that he would love to play OLB. This is straight from the horses mouth.

If he got his weight down to the low 270's, I think he could stand up in the 3-4 as a rush-only linebacker, and also drop into a three-point stance as a 4-3 DE.

Anyone else think Alan Branch might slide down to #15 after another disappointing performance at Michigan's pro day? Tomlin was in attendance at their pro day. A selection like this would make the Brett Keisel position change make all the more sense.
                    An article on Scout.com talked about this and Keisel said he will get down to 280 and if he ends up playin just DE he'll put on some more weight. I don't think he'd be an every down 3-4 OLB but just as a situational kind of guy. It also said HAMPTON could play some DE, which sounds nuts, but maybe he can bull rush. I think that they're just looking to do a lot of different schemes and different things with the D.

Here's the forum post that talks about it:
                    http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/vi...104853&start=0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

It would be the greatest round 1 selection if somehow he did fall to 15. However i cant see it happening at all, hes to good a player and still very highly regarded among scouts. Pro days dont hurt lineman as much as they do wr and rbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                        It would be the greatest round 1 selection if somehow he did fall to 15. However i cant see it happening at all, hes to good a player and still very highly regarded among scouts. Pro days dont hurt lineman as much as they do wr and rbs.
                        I don't know... Krumrie from KC, did his patented hand slap and Branch didn't fare so well. He looked very out of shape, and seemed to quit after the first 10 seconds...

and... What scouts are those? What did they tell you?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Scott still has us taking

1.Hall
                          2.Crowder
                          3.Satele

When Carriker was still on the board at 15. I'm not a huge fan of carriker or hall but if Carriker is there I think the Steelers will pick him.

Mike Tirico

Comment

I agree. I really cant believe Scott didn't give him to us. I think he could play DE in either a 4-3 or a 3-4, and showed it in the senior bowl. Crowder isn't bad in the 2nd, but we could pick up Robison in the 3rd as well. Satele isn't a bad pick in my opinion, simply because of his versatility.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of Carriker I think we need a more dynamic play maker on D, but if he is there, there is no way we don't take him.

Mike Tirico

Comment

i don't understand why scott has him falling that far. he won't be there for us to pick. i like the crowder pick in the 2nd but if we can pick up robinson in the 3rd i am more for that. i am still on the wagon of picking up bowe in the 1st. and i think that if we have francis high enough up to be picked in the 2nd then we should do that to grab robinson in the 3rd otherwise, i like crowder then francis. i don't like the satele pick, it seems like we have 19 O-Linemen. thats my take on the picks.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information