2010/2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010/2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion Thread

Football is a little under a week away! I love the fact that we are under the radar right now. Hines Ward said it best: "When noone gives us a chance, we win the Super Bowl. If people say we are going to win it, we miss the playoffs."

Now I'm not going to say it's going to be easy. We are without three of our best offensive players in Ben, Colon, and Tone. If we somehow make it 2-2 when Ben gets back, I think he could come back pissed off.

Discuss all things Pittsburgh Steelers in this thread!

Is anyone going to Training Camp this year? I know for certain I'm going once, but I might go again earlier.

Comment

Yeah lets go this.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
        Is anyone going to Training Camp this year? I know for certain I'm going once, but I might go again earlier.
        I go every year

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
        Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
          I go every year
          I'll for sure be going to the night practice. When you going?

Comment

Who are you guys looking forward to watch play this camp/preseason/season?

Out of the Rookies im intersted to see how, Pouncey, Dwyer, Sylvester, and the wideouts do.

- Pouncey to see if he's ready to step in and play, either at guard or center.
            - Dwyer to see if he is as good in pads as he was in the OTA's. And to see his goaline/short yardage skills.
            - Sylvester to see if he is as good a special teams player as he looks in his highlight vids.
            - Sanders and Brown to see if either can step up fast enough to replace Wallace's role from last year, and keep the defences from double teaming Wallace and Hines...Randle El and Battle just arent explosive enough to warrant defences to worry.

It'll be interesting to see the competition between Worilds ad Gibson, im sure theyll be pushing each other, but i dont expect either to stand out that much in the early stages.

What you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
              Who are you guys looking forward to watch play this camp/preseason/season?

Out of the Rookies im intersted to see how, Pouncey, Dwyer, Sylvester, and the wideouts do.

- Pouncey to see if he's ready to step in and play, either at guard or center.
              - Dwyer to see if he is as good in pads as he was in the OTA's. And to see his goaline/short yardage skills.
              - Sylvester to see if he is as good a special teams player as he looks in his highlight vids.
              - Sanders and Brown to see if either can step up fast enough to replace Wallace's role from last year, and keep the defences from double teaming Wallace and Hines...Randle El and Battle just arent explosive enough to warrant defences to worry.

It'll be interesting to see the competition between Worilds ad Gibson, im sure theyll be pushing each other, but i dont expect either to stand out that much in the early stages.

What you guys think?
              Yeah, definitely interested in seeing those guys.

Also Summers to see if he developed at all, Foster, J. Scott, and the guy we signed at RT, and both Foote and McFadden to see how fast they re-adapt to our defense.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

I'm looking forward to all the young corners and how the develop.

Comment

Apparently there is allot of intrigue around Ramon Foster within the organisation, and allot of scouts already believe he will win the starting RT job.

The signing of Adrian Jones is solely for depth at the RG spot.

Comment

Oh, I also want to see how Demetrius Taylor does. Hopefully we found our next good run-blocking FB.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

There is always ones UDFA to make the team. I think Taylor is that guy.

Comment

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Pi...-Be-Gentleman/

A very nice story about Woodley. He's creeping up my list of favorite players.

Comment

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Pi...-Be-Gentleman/

A very nice story about Woodley. He's creeping up my list of favorite players.
                          He is already my No. 2 player, but he can't beat Polamalu out. By the way he is making a fantasy league, you can try your luck on his facebook page :)
                          "Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."

Comment

Yes I saw that. I might make a video and try and get in that. Haha.

Comment

Yes I saw that. I might make a video and try and get in that. Haha.
                              Make a montage like JBond's. Except talk about him being awesome.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information