No announcement yet.

2010/2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im reading alot about pouncey destroying everything they throw at him. hartwig says its impossible to play center in the NFL right out of college even though mack and mangold beg to differ, but honestly i think playing with 4 linemen and laying the ball on the ground without a center would be better than seeing hartwig get steamrolled. at least then the other 4 guys wont be able to assume he can handle his assignments
    E]

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
      im reading alot about pouncey destroying everything they throw at him except Hood. hartwig says its impossible to play center in the NFL right out of college even though mack and mangold beg to differ, but honestly i think playing with 4 linemen and laying the ball on the ground without a center would be better than seeing hartwig get steamrolled. at least then the other 4 guys wont be able to assume he can handle his assignments
      Fixed it for you. I know it is just training camp but you are the person that has hated on him the most and haven't said anything about his positive news. :) just saying.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• never have i said hood is a bad player....i hated the pick and still do since i dont think hes much of a 34DE, but ive always said hes going to be a good interior pass rusher....i just dont think that warrants a first round pick, at least not for the steeler defense. him playing well in one on ones doesnt surprise me. i hated the urbik pick wayyy more than the evander one and im pretty sure he'll be on the roster bubble which makes me sooooo happy

and that was just the first day when he made pouncey "look like a rookie"...be interesting to see if pouncey starts getting the better of him as camp goes on
        E]

Comment

• Interesting. Apparently we're going to give Heath a chance to be a playmaker for us.

Heath Miller is looking like a go-to option in Pittsburgh, giving him an opportunity to shine. With Hines Ward turning 34 a few months ago, Santonio Holmes traded to the New York Jets and Mike Wallace attempting to fill Holmes' cleats, it looks like the Steelers are finally going to turn their $35 million tight end loose and allow him to become more of a playmaker in the mold of San Diego's Antonio Gates, San Francisco's Vernon Davis and Indianapolis' Dallas Clark. "He can stretch the (defense) and do so many things utilizing him in that area of the field," offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said Monday. ... "We have been working him split-out and motioning him and getting him involved, because he really is a third wide receiver."

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• So apparently James Harrison was playing through injuries late in the year, which is why his production dipped.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_693156.html

Can't believe he's aiming for 22 sacks. If he gets his 22, and Woodley gets his 20+, and Timmons gets his 18+, we're going to be unstoppable. 60+ sacks between three guys.

I think only one of them will meet their goal, though. Unfortunately, I don't think there will be enough sacks for everybody.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
              So apparently James Harrison was playing through injuries late in the year, which is why his production dipped.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_693156.html

Can't believe he's aiming for 22 sacks. If he gets his 22, and Woodley gets his 20+, and Timmons gets his 18+, we're going to be unstoppable. 60+ sacks between three guys.

I think only one of them will meet their goal, though. Unfortunately, I don't think there will be enough sacks for everybody.
              I think he would get more sacks if they called holding when tackles wrap their arms around his neck as he comes around the corner

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
              Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

• Also do you notice that in other games, that clotheslining is called every time, only when #92 in black & gold is it ignored. I don't think sacks tell the whole story for production though. I watch JH closely pretty much every play, and think that he reached a higher plateau last year as for being a smart lb. He was virtually never out of position, impossible to run against and needed double teaming constantly.

Comment

• I think Heath should be spread out wide and should be our go to option the first four weeks of the season. I like that move.

Comment

• Originally posted by PittPete View Post
                    Also do you notice that in other games, that clotheslining is called every time, only when #92 in black & gold is it ignored. I don't think sacks tell the whole story for production though. I watch JH closely pretty much every play, and think that he reached a higher plateau last year as for being a smart lb. He was virtually never out of position, impossible to run against and needed double teaming constantly.
                    Totally agree, I think I saw them call it once I think the last time they called it was in the super bowl

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

• Updates:

- Hartwig was the first man out to practice.

- Morning practice was short and dedicated solely to special teams.

- Dwyer, Hampton, and Worilds all out during the morning practice.

- Mendenhall worked in limited fashion.

- Hampton, Dwyer, and Worilds sidelined in afternoon practice.

- Team doing 9 on 9 drills, Pouncey is the 2nd team's RG.

- Mendenhall isn't working with first team. Redman and Moore taking turns there.

- Redzone drill starting, Leftwich is starting QB.

- Sanders is being given every chance to win the #3 WR job and so far he's looking good.

- There will be no practice on Saturday as the entire team will travel to honor coach Dick LeBeau in his induction into the Hall of Fame.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• I'm going to the night practice on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                          I'm going to the night practice on Friday.
                          Awesome. Hopefully Dwyer, Hampton, Mendenhall, and Pouncey are all set to go so you can see them in all their greatness.

Also, is friday night the team game?

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• # Leftwich looked better than Dennis Dixon in redzone offense throwing frozen ropes.
                            # Heath Miller great corner route touchdown.
                            # Emmanuel Sanders makes several great catches in redzone drill.
                            # Ryan Clark popped the rookie Sanders on one catch and Sanders popped right up.
                            # The schooling of Tony Hills continues this time at the hands of Scott Paxson.
                            # Roethlisberger pulling out his pump fake quite a bit.
                            # Dixon nice touchdown pass in 7 on 7.
                            # Frazier remains working on the side as he remains on the PUP list.
                            # Players race for the golf carts after the horn blows.
                            # Nick Eason dehydrated today per Tomlin.
                            # Jonathan Dwyer status quo and termed as-is with hamstring per Tomlin.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Any info on any of the other draft picks? crezdon butler, worthington, antonio brown,stevenson sylvester, the guy from tennessee?

Comment

• The guy from tennessee is out of training camp with a hurt foot or something like that. The rest I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information