Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010/2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I like a Starks-Kemo-Pouncey-Pitts-Foster line more than I would like a Starks-Kemo-Hartwig-Pouncey-Foster line. IF, and that's a big one, Pitts is healthy, he'd be a pretty good signing. I'm just not convinced Foster is a better tackle than guard. Also, if we do sign Pitts, I think it's bye bye Urbik.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by K Train View Post
      i been thinking about some things

      much to my dismay i think the starting day one oline will look like

      starks-kemoeatu-hartwig (angry face)- pouncey-foster

      since the team has too much pride to just bite the bullet and bring in flo and not start pouncey at center from day one to allow hartwig to be the worst center in the league 3 years running. foster and colon are very similar, reps in camp should have foster ready to kick out

      ideally i think it should look like this with our current misfits

      starks-kemoeatu-pouncey-foster-j.scott

      and just let essex, urbik, legursky, hills, jones, c. scott all cage fight for the backup jobs.

      im kinda liking what im hearing about keenan lewis, however i think he gets rotated in ike and mcfaddens spot before he plays nickel, i think nickel will be for *** and burnett because they are smaller guys to match up with slot receivers, lewis might be too stiff for that but his physicality could be useful on a rotational basis as a *** and mcfadden did 2 years ago with that #2 spot and that limits *** to just nickel duties which im sure no one will object to.

      i love burnett for some reason, hes got the sweet feet, hes feisty for a little guy and hes got good ball skills....i think hes got a serious chance to make an impact, hes gotta perform especially well in preseason though.

      id like farrior to be let go even though i know it wont happen, id take just having him in on first downs though. i think timmons should take the mack spot and let fox and foote wrestle over the buck although i think the best move would be to have harrison slide inside and play timmons wherever they see sit for that play and rotate timmons/woodley/worilds/gibson as pass rushers. harrison is so good in traffic, tremendous against the run, can blow a guards **** right up and we have pass rushers while were hurting on the inside...it just makes sense to me. hopefully timmons continues to improve against the run

      id like to see el get cut or injured (or injured by being cut with a knife)....either way, but to me he was a worthless addition. hes small, old, cant get open anymore and is afraid of the endzone....alll hes gonna do is hold sanders (and possibly brown) back off the field

      as far as the backfeild goes i would like it to be mendenhall and dwyer the clear cut #1 and #2....moore was good for us in spot duty but hes has quicky lost his relevance to the team. mendenhall has put him to shame as a reciever and pass blocker at this point and memo has lost his importance to the team. i hope dwyer shows up as good as he was in OTAs and is impressive in goal line sitautions because that duo could be sick. i hope summers gets axed, actually i hope hes the very first one cut....hes a worthless blocker and dwyer makes him expendable as a runner. i guess i hope the FB job goes to david johnson or even id rather have carey davis in there over summers
      I think Moore makes the team regardless. He is a nice guy to have and the team likes his versitility. He's a good guy to have. Also, I read that the team is getting sour on Johnson. They seem to like McHugh a lot.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
        I like a Starks-Kemo-Pouncey-Pitts-Foster line more than I would like a Starks-Kemo-Hartwig-Pouncey-Foster line. IF, and that's a big one, Pitts is healthy, he'd be a pretty good signing. I'm just not convinced Foster is a better tackle than guard. Also, if we do sign Pitts, I think it's bye bye Urbik.
        any line without hartwig is a better line. if they sign pitts and hes good to go hes a good enough RG for me and i didnt think colon was a better tackle than guard and i still dont but he did pretty well, and i think foster is alot like him so i think id be ok with it
        E]

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
          I like a Starks-Kemo-Pouncey-Pitts-Foster line more than I would like a Starks-Kemo-Hartwig-Pouncey-Foster line. IF, and that's a big one, Pitts is healthy, he'd be a pretty good signing. I'm just not convinced Foster is a better tackle than guard. Also, if we do sign Pitts, I think it's bye bye Urbik.
          KTrain's gonna celebrate all night long, lol.

          Props to clover_jeez!

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
            KTrain's gonna celebrate all night long, lol.
            oh yeah, i dont need that kind of an ego boost
            E]

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
              I think Moore makes the team regardless. He is a nice guy to have and the team likes his versitility. He's a good guy to have. Also, I read that the team is getting sour on Johnson. They seem to like McHugh a lot.
              yeah i read that too, its a shame cause he got off to a good start and i remember a coach saying that once he gets a hand on someone that guy is out of the play he was such a good blocker. they were saying he was taking on 2 guys with relative ease i wonder what went wrong.

              id be ok with mchugh, really anyone but summers.

              and i hope moore makes the team, i jsut hope he gets a reduced role to a #3
              E]

              Comment


              • #52
                I think it would be stupid to get rid of Essex at this point. He's a valuable asset to our OL and can fill in at multiple positions at anytime.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by K Train View Post
                  yeah i read that too, its a shame cause he got off to a good start and i remember a coach saying that once he gets a hand on someone that guy is out of the play he was such a good blocker. they were saying he was taking on 2 guys with relative ease i wonder what went wrong.

                  id be ok with mchugh, really anyone but summers.

                  and i hope moore makes the team, i jsut hope he gets a reduced role to a #3
                  I'd think McHugh will be the third TE and hopefully Taylor is the FB.

                  Also, I think with Johnson, he had a little bit of a dropsy problem in OTA and minicamp.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    I want Noel Devine to replace Moore.

                    Mendenhall - Dwyer - Devine


                    Props to clover_jeez!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      i like essex as a backup LT, hes a terrible guard and RT because despite being 330 pounds hes sooo weak and more finesse than a figure skater. pass blocking LT yes, anything interior or drive blocking RT...no thanks.

                      i agree though he should stick around since he has starting experience across the line
                      E]

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        I'd think McHugh will be the third TE and hopefully Taylor is the FB.

                        Also, I think with Johnson, he had a little bit of a dropsy problem in OTA and minicamp.
                        forgot about taylor...im on board with that idea
                        E]

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                          I want Noel Devine to replace Moore.

                          Mendenhall - Dwyer - Devine

                          oh man, thats an unfair trio....every kind of RB you could want on your roster. complete back with mendenhall...does it all pretty well, potential powerful runner with dwyer, and scat back with incredible speed, vision and leg power. not even arians could **** that up
                          E]

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Devine would be awesome as a Steeler. One of the best HS highlight tapes I've EVER seen.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by K Train View Post
                              oh man, thats an unfair trio....every kind of RB you could want on your roster. complete back with mendenhall...does it all pretty well, potential powerful runner with dwyer, and scat back with incredible speed, vision and leg power. not even arians could **** that up
                              Yes, yes he could.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                yeah and despite being the youtube sensation he isnt just all flash, he has the legs of a 250 pound back, something that guys like reggie bush and darren mcfadden severely lacked.

                                i played against him the year i lived in florida (my 11th grade year) he has unreal ability
                                E]

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information