No announcement yet.

2010/2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard he squats around 450. That's insane.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
      I'd think McHugh will be the third TE and hopefully Taylor is the FB.

Also, I think with Johnson, he had a little bit of a dropsy problem in OTA and minicamp.
      I really, really, really hope Taylor works out at FB. I know he likes to hit, but does he know how to? Because if he does learn to block, what LB or DB will take on a 270+ lbs. guy?

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
        oh man, thats an unfair trio....every kind of RB you could want on your roster. complete back with mendenhall...does it all pretty well, potential powerful runner with dwyer, and scat back with incredible speed, vision and leg power. not even arians could **** that up
        Devine + 3rd down = success!

Devine + 3rd down + Arians = does not compute.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Some interesting TE stats. Miller's got great hands.

1. Clark 100
          2. Witten 94
          3. Gonzalez 83
          4. Gates 79
          5. Davis 78
          6. Winslow 77
          7. H. Miller 76
          8. Celek 76
          9. Z. Miller 66
          10. Olson 60

% of balls caught when targetted:

1. H. Miller 77.5%
          2. Clark 75.8%
          3. Witten 75.2%
          4. Gates 69.2%
          5. Celek 67.9%
          6. Z. Miller 66.0%
          7. Gonzalez 61.5%
          8. Winslow 60.6%
          9. Davis 60.4%
          10. Olson 55.6%

Yards per catch:

1. Gates 14.6
          2. Celek 12.8
          3. Davis 12.4
          4. Z. Miller 12.2
          5. Winslow 11.5
          6. Clark 11.1
          7. Wittne 11.0
          8. Gonzalez 10.4
          8. H. Miller 10.4
          10 Olson 10.2

Yards after catch per reception:

1. Gates 6.5
          2. H. Miller 5.5
          2. Celek 5.5
          2. Z. Miller 5.5
          5. Clark 4.9
          6. Witten 4.3
          7. Davis 4.2
          8. Wunslow 3.2
          9. Olson 3.0
          10. Gonzalez 2.5

Touchdowns:

1. Davis 13
          2. Clark 10
          3. Gates 8
          3. Celek 8
          3. Olson 8
          6. Gonzalez 6
          6. H. Miller 6
          8. Winslow 5
          9. Z. Miller 3
          10. Witten

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
            I like a Starks-Kemo-Pouncey-Pitts-Foster line more than I would like a Starks-Kemo-Hartwig-Pouncey-Foster line. IF, and that's a big one, Pitts is healthy, he'd be a pretty good signing. I'm just not convinced Foster is a better tackle than guard. Also, if we do sign Pitts, I think it's bye bye Urbik.
            I agree with that but I think that Scott might take it over foster

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
            Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Bengals will apparently sign TO.

http://twitter.com/CinBengalsNFL/statuses/19687628938

Ochocinco, Bryant, and Owens could be a very good trio of receivers.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

in 05 that would have been awesome....if you really watched TO the last 2 years you would see the rapid decline hes been on. the cowboys let him go because crayton was the better receiver at that point in their respective careers and didnt command #1 money. this doesnt even kind of worry me, ike schooled TO and chad johnson in their prime, now they are well into their 30s and not scaring anyone
                E]

Comment

those 3 combined dont scare me as much as one ray rice or josh cribbs

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

There won't be Ocho-Bryant-TO cause they prolly signed TO because Bryant still has knee issues. I think it will be Ocho-TO-Shipley :)
                    "Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."

Comment

Originally posted by tenorx View Post
                      There won't be Ocho-Bryant-TO cause they prolly signed TO because Bryant still has knee issues. I think it will be Ocho-TO-Shipley :)
                      True. Do they still have both Andre Caldwell and Jerome Simpson?

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                        True. Do they still have both Andre Caldwell and Jerome Simpson?
                        Yeh, but Shipley is truly the best, I can see him outperforming everyone, then being the new Wes Welker, as the best slot guy. We really have to watch out for the Bengals offense now.... 3 good WRs, an awesome TE ( I really love Gresham) and Benson. Wow. Tough year for us, tough year.
                        "Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."

Comment

Yeh, but Shipley is truly the best, I can see him outperforming everyone, then being the new Wes Welker, as the best slot guy. We really have to watch out for the Bengals offense now.... 3 good WRs, an awesome TE ( I really love Gresham) and Benson. Wow. Tough year for us, tough year.
                          Other than the fact that jordan shipley is 25 years old spent 6 years in college and has had multiple major injuries. Wes welker is an exception. hes not the nrom and jordan shipley isnt very wes welker like physically, plus all the injuries.

Comment

bensons going to be suspended and antonio bryants already hurt, jermaine gresham has a history of always being hurt, and when was the last time to was an elite nfl wr, and when was the last time ocho did anything against the steelers.

Only two things to concern ourselves with this year. #7 being on the shelf 4-6, and the poor coaching of mike tomlin. Other than that, the steelers are as much of a contender as anyone.

Comment

I like how most people compare ever white WR that is smallish, and is quick but not fast to Wes Welker.

Comment

3 old WRs who together will be mediocre at best, a rookie TE, a solid benson and an average QB who gets thrown in the elite category sometimes based on college credential and one 2005 season....im just not too worried about the bengals offense, imo their D is way more impressive
                                E]

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information