No announcement yet.

2010/2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And hopefully they never put Farrior on CJ when coming out of the backfield. Timmons or Troy only.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• If it were up to me I'd just assign Troy to CJ and LT to VY all game and let the rest of the D do their thing.

Comment

• Here is some very insightful information on our team's performance vs. the Falcons from another site, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to them, so I'll post it here. Again, this is not my info, it belongs to another site. Gotta give credit to the original poster.

Roddy White's stats are misleading. Many people could interpret his 111 yards and thirteen catches as a weak performance by our defense, and while we could have limited him a bit more, it was far from being a bad defensive performance.

Out of White's 13 catches, only six of them yielded any yards after catch. From those six catches, he only got 13 total YAC. The most yards after catch he had was 5 yards. Furthermore, he only had 4 catches go for more than ten yards (10, 16, 14, 18). And those 13 catches he got, he earned them.

Looking a bit deeper into the stats, White was targeted a total of 22 times, meaning that Ryan had a 59% completion rate (plus an INT) on these passes. Not that great.

Here's the stats for our defensive players who were covering White:

McFadden - 10 targets, 6 catches, 66 yards, 2 YAC, 0 INT, 0 TD.
        Taylor - 6 targets, 4 catches, 29 yards, 5 YAC, 0 INT, 0 TD.
        Polamalu - 1 target, 0 catches, 0 yards, 0 YAC, 1 INT, 0 TD.
        Harrison - 1 target, 0 catches, 0 yards, 0 YAC, 0 INT, 0 TD.
        Clark - 1 target, 1 catch, 6 yards, 1 YAC, 0 INT, 0 TD.
        *** and McFadden - 1 target, 0 catches, 0 yards, 0 YAC, 0 INT, 0 TD.
        Harrison and McFadden - 1 target, 1 catch, 3 yards, 3 YAC, 0 INT, 0 TD.
        Taylor and Harrison - 1 target, 1 catch, 7 yards, 2 YAC, 0 INT, 0 TD.

That's some pretty impressive stuff from our defense. And since that's the only real damange the Falcons offense did, it's a great way to start off the season.

---------------------------------------------------

Moving on to the offensive line, again this breakdown isn't mine.

The guy who did this did a breakdown on every single offensive series and how the line performed. I'll PM you the link if you want it (the other one too). But here's the general idea.

Everytime a player fulfilled his assignment (or at least what his assignment appeared to be), he got a "Yes." When he didn't, he got a "No." Here it is:

Max Starks - 39 plays, 33 Yes, 6 No, 85% Yes
        Chris Kemoeatu - 58 plays, 56 Yes, 2 No, 97% Yes
        Maurkice Pouncey - 58 plays, 56 Yes, 2 No, 97% Yes
        Trai Essex - 58 plays, 51 Yes, 7 No, 88% Yes
        Flozell Adams - 58 plays, 46 Yes, 12 No, 79% Yes
        Jonathan Scott - 19 plays, 16 Yes, 3 No, 84% Yes

Those are some extremely impressive numbers from both Pouncey and Kemoeatu. It appears Pouncey's great play is already rubbing off on the guards. Again, things can definitely improve, but it's a great way to start off the season.

I really want to watch the game again to analyze more things, but I don't know where to watch it. Do any of you guys know where we can re-watch games?

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• some of those numbers give me a boner
          E]

Comment

• Flo what are you doing?

Comment

• drive blocking the **** out of everyone he gets a hand on regardless if they are his assignment or not lol
              E]

Comment

• Goose, make sure you link that stuff because people get a little crazy over that ****. Just letting you know so you don't get in trouble.

Comment

• Hope it's okay with the mods and admins.

edit: okay, nvm, found original source. Apparently not from the other place I was reading this from.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/09...alcons-week-1/
                  http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/09...ly-a-big-deal/
                  Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn; 09-16-2010, 09:42 AM. Reason: Found source

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                    Hope it's okay with the mods and admins.

edit: okay, nvm, found original source. Apparently not from the other place I was reading this from.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/09...alcons-week-1/
                    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/09...ly-a-big-deal/
                    Not just the mods, but the creator of the blog. He may see his work out in the open with no credit to him and get all pissed off and this and that. Just lookin out for you, buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                      Not just the mods, but the creator of the blog. He may see his work out in the open with no credit to him and get all pissed off and this and that. Just lookin out for you, buddy.

Also, I don't know if this was already mentioned, but Tonlin said Adams was staying at RT.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• We worked out Donald Thomas and Jarrett Brown. Thomas is a guard that has started for Miami in the past.

Brown is a QB and we are interested in signing him to our PS.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                          We worked out Donald Thomas and Jarrett Brown. Thomas is a guard that has started for Miami in the past.

Brown is a QB and we are interested in signing him to our PS.
                          I loved Thomas coming out of college. Wouldnt be a bad pickup imo, who would get cut though...Bronco Legursky or Joey Ramon Foster?

Comment

• We also worked out Antonio Pittman.
                            Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn; 09-16-2010, 08:12 PM.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• I cant wait to see Pouncey and Ngata go at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                                I really want to watch the game again to analyze more things, but I don't know where to watch it. Do any of you guys know where we can re-watch games?

Yeah! Does a place exist where you can see old games?
                                ...The Pittsburgh Steelers represent a way of life...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information