No announcement yet.

2010/2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i know its just a highlight....but i wanted to share my julio jones boner jams 2010
    E]

Comment

• Wow, I got called a Michigan fan!!! sorry but I went to grad school at Ohio State, and hated Michigan with a passion. I would like to see 3 better lts than Jake Long. Replayed the game and did not see even one hold by him on peezy.

Agree with the consensus here that a premiere no 1 receiver would be nice, but still would grab a top corner if he's there. If Smith is done for good, d-line goes to top of list though.

Comment

• Originally posted by PittPete View Post
        Wow, I got called a Michigan fan!!! sorry but I went to grad school at Ohio State, and hated Michigan with a passion. I would like to see 3 better lts than Jake Long. Replayed the game and did not see even one hold by him on peezy.

Agree with the consensus here that a premiere no 1 receiver would be nice, but still would grab a top corner if he's there. If Smith is done for good, d-line goes to top of list though.
        I don't believe you just rewatched the game.

And Joe Thomas and Ryan Clady are arguably better. That is why I said he is top 3. You can make a case for either of those.

Last 10 years, easily WAY WAY better is Jon Ogden, Orlando Pace, and Walter Jones.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post

And Joe Thomas and Ryan Clady are arguably better. That is why I said he is top 3. You can make a case for either of those.

Last 10 years, easily WAY WAY better is Jon Ogden, Orlando Pace, and Walter Jones.
          Pace basically redefined the term "pancake," lol.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVV70efL26Q

that grab gives me a boner. i really think he will be a MUCH better pro than college player

That was a spectacular catch.

see i HATE the calvin johnson comparison that baldwin gets, thats a smack int he face to calvin who is in a class of his own. Baldwin has no quickness, good straight line speed and a huge body but he looks ******** in and out of his cuts. if he compares to any GT WR its demaryius thomas and a big deep threat with a long stride and good straight line speed. he looks like a TE playing WR and not in a good way like ward or boldin
            I know Calvin Johnson is in a league of his own. That's why I said a slower Calvin Johnson.

Johnson epitomizes everything you want in a WR (except the injuries). There will not be another prospect like Calvin in a while. But Baldwin has the same size, same kind of build, and same freakish ability to snatch the ball out of the air that Calvin has.

I have Baldwin higher than I had Demaryius Thomas last year. Baldwin is bigger and IMO is a better catcher.

Another comparison I could see would be Brandon Marshall.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• JB looks like Plex to me.

Comment

• That last catch by JB is absolutely filthy.

Comment

• baldwin is pretty sexy

what kind of 40 can we realistically expect from him tho?

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• Anywhere from a 4.4-4.55. He doesn't play that fast, but I'm sure he's plenty fast.

Comment

• I don't believe you just rewatched the game.

I can understand how everyone has different opinions on who is best at every position and will respect your choices however miscast they may be. However, you start off calling me a liar? I watch every steelers game multiple times, usually fast forwarding my recording to revel in the hard hits(almost none last game) and usuallly pick up many things I miss the first time. When I watch the game live I pretty much focus on #92 on defense; at least until they drop him into coverage.

Being an Ohio State fan, I got to watch Jake Long for 3 years at Michigan where, I believe he allowed one sack total. Woodley got to practice against him and said that he was way tougher than any tackle he ever faced in a game. I think the tackles mentioned are certainly the premiere linemen of the last decade or so. However each has flaws. Jonathon Ogden can credibly be considered top of the heap, although Harrison put him on his ass multiple times. Long would have to perform at his current level for a number of years to surpass Ogden, I think he will. I watched every game Orlando Pace played at Ohio state, and many in the NFL. He was more capable of the impressive big blocks and splash plays than any other lineman of this era, however, he was inconsistant and got beat far more than Jake long ever will. Did you watch the many times Joe Thomas got destroyed by Peezy? Neither he or Clady are anywhere as Dominant as Jake.

Comment

• some good news

Steelers' Aaron Smith had surgery on torn triceps, but didn't IR him because they're hopeful he can return at some point.

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• I think we can last the regular season with him out. That I'm OK with. In the playoffs, we absolutely need him. He's tough, so I expect him back.

Comment

• Originally posted by PittPete View Post

I can understand how everyone has different opinions on who is best at every position and will respect your choices however miscast they may be. However, you start off calling me a liar? I watch every steelers game multiple times, usually fast forwarding my recording to revel in the hard hits(almost none last game) and usuallly pick up many things I miss the first time. When I watch the game live I pretty much focus on #92 on defense; at least until they drop him into coverage.

Being an Ohio State fan, I got to watch Jake Long for 3 years at Michigan where, I believe he allowed one sack total. Woodley got to practice against him and said that he was way tougher than any tackle he ever faced in a game. I think the tackles mentioned are certainly the premiere linemen of the last decade or so. However each has flaws. Jonathon Ogden can credibly be considered top of the heap, although Harrison put him on his ass multiple times. Long would have to perform at his current level for a number of years to surpass Ogden, I think he will. I watched every game Orlando Pace played at Ohio state, and many in the NFL. He was more capable of the impressive big blocks and splash plays than any other lineman of this era, however, he was inconsistant and got beat far more than Jake long ever will. Did you watch the many times Joe Thomas got destroyed by Peezy? Neither he or Clady are anywhere as Dominant as Jake.
                            why do you keep calling james harrison peezy? its very confusing
                            E]

Comment

• Lol, we got ourselves a Steelers hater here:

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• He's from Philly. That's how they act. Don't bother with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information