No announcement yet.

2010/2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flozell has certainly surprised me by how well he's playing. Wonder what happens when colon comes back next year; he's a restricted free agent. really don't want to see Jonathon Scott on the field. Chris Scott is back from injury and practicing; they have another week whether to activate him or release him. Guess Essex is going to get his starting role back. Not sure what to think of Legursky. Saw where he graded out pretty high on his assignments, don't like his penalties or whiffs on sacks though. Starks and Kemo are both playing their best. Offensive mvp so far is Pouncey, line is so different with him.

Comment

• Thad got waived to make room for McClendon. I think Thad will be back.

Comment

• i guess that was the roster move they were talking about

people we speculating either hills or battle

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
          Thad got waived to make room for McClendon. I think Thad will be back.
          Hope no one claims him.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• I wished it was Hills or Battle. I hate getting rid of young and talented players.

Comment

• I don't know if you guys saw this, but Walter Football put out a 3 round mock. Our picks were:

1) Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State
              2) Marcus Cannon OL TCU
              3) Kendrick Ellis DT Hampton

If that were to happen, I'd be one happy man.

Comment

• Gibson Nooooooooooooooooo
                E]

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                  I don't know if you guys saw this, but Walter Football put out a 3 round mock. Our picks were:

1) Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State
                  2) Marcus Cannon OL TCU
                  3) Kendrick Ellis DT Hampton

If that were to happen, I'd be one happy man.
                  That would be one awesome draft. Don't think we'd take Ellis because of his issues, but it'd be awesome.

And I agree, it should have been Hills. Chris Scott is back and he can't be worse than Hills.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Quote by Mike Tomlin regarding Gibson being waived:

"Linebacker is our deepest position and (Gibson) is the low man on the totem pole, so we had to make that necessary move. We were thin at defensive line. It's just one of the casualties of this profession. It's very much a reality, and that's why we don't take what we're doing here for granted and we acknowledge that it's precious."

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Does McLendon being bumped up mean we won't bring in someone else..like Alford?

And are Sylvester and Bailey better (or higher up on the totem) than Gibson?
                      ...The Pittsburgh Steelers represent a way of life...

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSteeler View Post
                        Does McLendon being bumped up mean we won't bring in someone else..like Alford?

inside/ST vs outside

also i thought he was better than Worilds i guess 2nd vs 5th

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSteeler View Post
                          Does McLendon being bumped up mean we won't bring in someone else..like Alford?

Maybe later on, but for right now I think it's McClendon.

And Sylvester is higher, Bailey is no longer on the team.

He was with Tennessee, don't know if he's still there.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• worilds is obv doing better / is higher as evidence by his actual playing time last week when woodley went down

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• I hope we get Thad back, but im not overly worried about it.

Also, just got bak from vacation and missed the Miami game, looks like i didnt miss much good, anything noteworthy, other that the Smith injury? :(

Any predictions, thoughts on tonights game? Its a strange one imo, the Saints should be so much better than they are playing right now, i hope the switch doesnt turn on tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                                I hope we get Thad back, but im not overly worried about it.

Also, just got bak from vacation and missed the Miami game, looks like i didnt miss much good, anything noteworthy, other that the Smith injury? :(

Any predictions, thoughts on tonights game? Its a strange one imo, the Saints should be so much better than they are playing right now, i hope the switch doesnt turn on tonight.
                                From Miami game:

- Wallace is still a great burner.
                                - Worilds got past Vernon Carey with pure speed on at least 3 occasions, but only got to the QB once. Henne was able to release the ball just in time. When he got to Henne, it was a sack/fumble that basically sealed the game.
                                - Sanders had a fumble on his first kick return, but then was great for the rest of the game. In fact, he was named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week. The last time a Steelers player won it was Randle El in 2003, I believe.

As for today, yeah, I'm nervous. I know NO hasn't played great this season, but if they turn on the jets for today, we're really going to struggle against them. Every year after a team wins the SB, they have a couple of games where they dominate. Hope this isn't one for them.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information