Willis+Woodley=Great Draft Combo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willis+Woodley=Great Draft Combo

Could we potentally take Willis in the first and Woodley in the second?

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

willis ran in the upper 4.3's at his pro day...

pretty damn amazing, though it'll be adjusted, still a 4.4

having said that, im not quite sure he'd be a great fit in the 3 - 4 at ilb, i havnt seen much of him on film, but what i have seen is that he isnt a great shed the block and thump guy, which is what you need for the 3 - 4

he is a hell ofa athlete though, i wish i could see more video of him that proves me wrong

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

He think willis could speed rush off the edge if one of our 3-4 ends held the block fo him.

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

whos he, tomlin?

he may be able to play OLB in the 3 - 4, that would be one hell ofa speed rush off the edge, though he doesnt really have the ideal height you look for

Comment

Willis might actually work out longterm but I don't see Woodley at all. He's too small for both end and olb in the nfl, and I don't think he has coverage skills at all.

Comment

Originally posted by PittPete View Post
            Willis might actually work out longterm but I don't see Woodley at all. He's too small for both end and olb in the nfl, and I don't think he has coverage skills at all.
            his coverage skills yeah but he isnt too small for olb

Comment

He's not very fluid in the hips either. He's best suited as a DE, even though he is a bit undersized.

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                whos he, tomlin?

he may be able to play OLB in the 3 - 4, that would be one hell ofa speed rush off the edge, though he doesnt really have the ideal height you look for
                Sorry I meant I think not he thinks

Mike Tirico

Comment

Scouts are saying that their impressed with his change of direction while running.

Mike Tirico

Comment

ive always liked woodley and his motor, if we think he can play OLB then im all for it

Comment

Lamarr Woodley on Steelers Radar

I don' t have a subscription, but Jim Wexell says that the Steelers are keenly interested in Lamarr Woodley from Michigan as an OLB in the 3-4 and his pro-day last week sold them even further.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=2&...%2f628466.html

is anyone a member to this site?

Basically says the Pro-day has sold Tomlin and Colbert on Woodley after reviewing his game tape.

Comment

I am a huge Michigan fan, so: Please for the love of God do NOT draft Woodley!!!!!!!! If Tomlin and Colbert are sold after watching his game tape, they clearly didn't watch the OSU and USC games. Were Woodley disappeared. Yes, Woodley is a good guy. Yes, Woodley gives great effort. Yes, Woodley has heart. All of which are fine. But he is to small 6-1 and about 260 to play DE, he doesn't have the qucikness to play OLB. He was moved to DE at Michigan, because he doesn't cover well. There are better options out there than Woodley. Both at DE and OLB.

Comment

all my objections against woodley are the same ones I had against another UM player, Larry foote. Not big or fast enough for the NFL level. The first couple years I thought the steelers were wasting a roster spot by keeping him. Last year I thought Foote was our defensive MVP! So although I am not high on Woodley, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by richdg View Post
                            I am a huge Michigan fan, so: Please for the love of God do NOT draft Woodley!!!!!!!! If Tomlin and Colbert are sold after watching his game tape, they clearly didn't watch the OSU and USC games. Were Woodley disappeared. Yes, Woodley is a good guy. Yes, Woodley gives great effort. Yes, Woodley has heart. All of which are fine. But he is to small 6-1 and about 260 to play DE, he doesn't have the qucikness to play OLB. He was moved to DE at Michigan, because he doesn't cover well. There are better options out there than Woodley. Both at DE and OLB.
                            Woodley's timed speed compares favorably with every other DE/OLB tweener in the draft. His timed speed and stats compare very favorably with Shawn Merriman at the combine and at Maryland. The 3/4 OLB is more of a Rush Backer position and does not require great cover skills, and he has time to develop those he does need.

Comment

Woodley has good timed speed. he does not change directions well at all. He doesn't have much in the way of moves. Woodley doesn't need to agin weight to play OLB. He should lose weight. But he simply is not quick enough. But at 6-1 gaining weight to play DE does work well either.
                              One of the mistakes we have made is getting rid of the OLB that is better at coverage. haggans is our rush LB. He isn't very good in coverage either. If we are sticking with the 3-4 Woodley will not have time to develop. He will ahve to play right away. This just isn't a good option.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information