2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Draft/Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post

That's really setting the bar high for him, haha, but I actually agree with you. Everytime I see him play, except for a couple games late this year, I am absolutely intrigued by what he does. He would be a perfect replacement for Smith, and I'd slide Hood over to RE. RE is supposed to be the better pass-rushing end, and Hood is a better rusher than Heyward, IMO, which is basically the only knock on Heyward. We don't need him to rush the passer though, just let Woodley and Harrison do their thing.

And if both Heyward and Williams are there, give me Heyward. I'd rather have an elite 3-4 end than a good CB, even if we desperately need one. I'd much rather go Heyward and Curtis Brown/Ras-I Dowling/someone else than Aaron Williams and another 3-4 end, where there is a significant drop-off in talent, IMO.

Agree with virtually everything. I was very, very surprised to see Dowling run a 4.40 flat at 6'1 and 198. That is absolutely fantastic speed with fantastic size. Add that to his great ball skills and it could very well be a great corner. If not, he's at least be a very good FS. As you said, he's physical and doesn't shy away from contact. Tough tackler.

Finally, Marcus Cannon was diagnosed with cancer. This could, and probably does, shatter his draft stock. If he's there in the sixth, maybe even in the fifth, I'd still draft him. If he beats his cancer (and there's a 90% chance he does), and recovers the weight and strength he'll undoubtedly lose, he could be a very, very good guard for us. I thought he'd be able to turn into a Shawn Andrews type of player, so if we miss out on Pouncey (who I, like many of you, still have as our #1 guy), which will very likely happen, Cannon would be fantastic value as a 5th rounder. IR for one year, develop him his second, and work him in.
    ive said heyward would be perfect for smiths spot and hood would be the better fit for keisels before as well, hes not a pass rusher but he never quits and just because he doesnt get sacks doesnt mean the pressure isnt there, he does collapse the pocket pretty well.

dowlings 4.4 had me sold on him, from what i kept hearing he was going to run in the 4.65 range. his senior year was disappointing, but he was hurt and he does need to bulk up his lower body to be more durable but the tape he does have before that makes me think that with no injury and a 4.4 hed be right up there with amukamara
    E]

Comment

• Everyone participating in the mock game, make sure you have your mocks in by the draft. Thank you.

Comment

• Tampa Bay is on the clock at #20 and both Prince Amukamara and Mike Pouncey are still on the board.

Which one do you trade up for?

Comment

• amukamara and its not even close
          E]

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
            amukamara and its not even close
            This, this, and this!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
              Everyone participating in the mock game, make sure you have your mocks in by the draft. Thank you.
              1. Aaron Williams FS Texas
              2. Curtis Brown CB Texas
              3. Kenrick Ellis NT Hampton
              4. Joe Barksdale OT LSU
              5. Cortez Allen CB Citadel
              6. Alex Henery K Nebraska
              7. Henry Hynoski FB Pittsburgh

Comment

• I don't know why I woke up today thinking that I'd love to draft Mark Ingram. The thought of Mendenhall and Ingram together was very, very exciting.

Not a need at all, in fact it would be a luxury pick, but seeing defenses try to stop both Mendy and Ingram would be very, very fun.

Still hoping we move for Pouncey though.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• It looks like the mock draft thing is going to be off since there is only 3 entries...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                    It looks like the mock draft thing is going to be off since there is only 3 entries...
                    Here's mine:

1. CB Aaron Williams, Texas
                    2. CB/S Ras-I Dowling, Virginia
                    3. OT Marcus Gilbert, Florida
                    4. NT Jerrell Powe, Ole Miss
                    5. RB Da'Rel Scott, Maryland
                    6. LB Mario Harvey, Marshall
                    7. K Alex Henery, Nebraska

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Steelers, trade up for Amukamara!

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Aaaaahhhhhhh Trade Up For Amukamara!!!!!

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• ****, Pouncey's gone.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• If Prince is there at 21, Tomlin better call up his friends in Tampa.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• noooo prince :(

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• Could get Cam Jordan Cam Heyward or any of the second tier corners still. also Carimi is still on the board.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information