No announcement yet.

2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Draft/Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still have Williams, Harris, Dowling and Curtis Brown on the board at corner so we have some option tomorrow

Comment

• like i said earlier...my hear says heyward, my mock said williams....so happy right now
      E]

Comment

• Originally posted by Phillysteeler View Post
        If we got Dowling I would love this draft
        / zomg yes so much

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• Excellent pick for the Steelers, so it's not one that I like ;). Oh well I'm happy we got Smith, I think all of the AFCN first round picks were good (Taylor being the worst, but still not bad).

Comment

• I could see some of the corners falling. I also wouldn't mind trading up. Who knows what is going on with the Steelers' head. If they trade up for Williams, I'd be estatic.

Comment

• Also am I the only one that wants Greg Lloyd much later in the draft

Comment

• Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                Excellent pick for the Steelers, so it's not one that I like ;). Oh well I'm happy we got Smith, I think all of the AFCN first round picks were good (Taylor being the worst, but still not bad).
                I believe the Ravens had a solid pick. I really like Smith, but the dude just screams problems. I wish him luck, but I'd be scared if I were Raven fans.

Comment

• i think id still like dowling over williams, but a trade up for williams, dowling or brown would make me so happy...even harris actually
                  E]

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
                    i think id still like dowling over williams, but a trade up for williams, dowling or brown would make me so happy...even harris actually
                    yeah, I'd be ok with a trade-up. I mean, there's not an OT prospect that's likely to be there in the late third round that we're going to go nuts over. but if harris is lingering mid-2nd, go get him. still not into aaron williams, just a gut feel that he won't pan out.

I think we might be able to stay put and land curtis.

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
                      i think id still like dowling over williams, but a trade up for williams, dowling or brown would make me so happy...even harris actually
                      i sign off on this theory as well

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• marcus gilbert wouldnt hurt my feelings either
                        E]

Comment

• Originally posted by lance uppercut View Post
                          yeah, I'd be ok with a trade-up. I mean, there's not an OT prospect that's likely to be there in the late third round that we're going to go nuts over. but if harris is lingering mid-2nd, go get him. still not into aaron williams, just a gut feel that he won't pan out.

I think we might be able to stay put and land curtis.
                          Meh, I think Williams would pan out a lot better in our system than Harris. I like Harris, but he is not a Pittsburgh Steeler cornerback.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                            Meh, I think Williams would pan out a lot better in our system than Harris. I like Harris, but he is not a Pittsburgh Steeler cornerback.
                            Harris is tough and gritty, but he's small, and that kind of worries me.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Man I'm so happy about this pick. Tomorrow I'd like to get Curtis Brown or Curtis Marsh, I really like those guys, just please no Ras-I.
                              "Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                                I mean this with all respect, but I'm ready to change the definition of a Steelers CB. dating back through chad scott, we've had tall 'physical' corners who couldn't catch a cold and who routinely gave up short completions. the types that get eaten alive by Brady. honestly, I think this is why williams gives me so much pause. I've seen that movie.

Harris is short, but not unwilling to stick his nose in to support the run. most importantly, though not a pure ballhawk, he can actually cover. it doesn't matter, I think he will be long gone by the time we can get into striking distance tomorrow, but of the remaining CBs he's my #1. and even if he was, we'd probably draft buster skrine or cortez allen ahead of him :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information