2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Draft/Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
    Anybody thinks this means we're more likely to target Rahim Moore?
    It could. I wouldn't rule it out.

Comment

I think we should pass on a LB this year to grab Farrior's replacement in next year's draft. Look at the names that will be available for us:

Vontaze Burfict Arizona State
      Manti Te'o Notre Dame
      Tank Carder TCU
      Dont'a Hightower Alabama
      Luke Kuechly

All these guys are very good and very mean. I personally want Burfict because he's one mean and nasty ************ and would bring our hardhitting reputation at linebacker continue. He'll get fined a lot, but one helluva player.

Next year's draft could be very special for us if we do well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hines View Post
        I think we should pass on a LB this year to grab Farrior's replacement in next year's draft. Look at the names that will be available for us:

Vontaze Burfict Arizona State
        Manti Te'o Notre Dame
        Tank Carder TCU
        Dont'a Hightower Alabama
        Luke Kuechly

All these guys are very good and very mean. I personally want Burfict because he's one mean and nasty ************ and would bring our hardhitting reputation at linebacker continue. He'll get fined a lot, but one helluva player.

Next year's draft could be very special for us if we do well.
        I like Burfict dude is just nasty, but he will need to tone it down if he wants to play in Goddell's NFL

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
        Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

http://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/sta...96668177629184

Big dude. Measured in at 6'4 315 and had a 30 inch vert. One of our scouts seemed to like him. A name to watch during the rest of the process.

Comment

Updated WalterFootball mock:

1) Martez Wilson LB Illinois
            2) Marcus Cannon OL TCU
            3) Sione Fua NT Stanford
            4) Curtis Marsh CB Utah State
            5) Marcus Gilbert OL Florida
            6) Alex Henery K/P Nebraska

Now I don't really like it. We have far greater needs than to get a first round MLB. He probably has us picking up a FA corner and resigning Ike with a corner to us in the fourth. I do like the OL haul, though.

Comment

Steelers are at the Kent State Pro Day. Probably looking at Brian Lainhart.

Comment

Originally posted by Hines View Post
                Updated WalterFootball mock:

1) Martez Wilson LB Illinois
                2) Marcus Cannon OL TCU
                3) Sione Fua NT Stanford
                4) Curtis Marsh CB Utah State
                5) Marcus Gilbert OL Florida
                6) Alex Henery K/P Nebraska

Now I don't really like it. We have far greater needs than to get a first round MLB. He probably has us picking up a FA corner and resigning Ike with a corner to us in the fourth. I do like the OL haul, though.
                I love Cannon and Fua, but I wouldn't be a fan of taking Wilson.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

How would you guys feel about this? Personally, I'm torn on it.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...0EIQMFKMM170YM

Comment

Also, I read that AFCN ESPN blogger James Walker thinks the Steelers could trade up. Personally, I'd rather trade up in the second and keep our first.

Comment

We are at the Clemson Pro Day. I'm sure we are watching Jarvis Jenkins, Marcus Gilchrist, Deandre McDaniel, and Byron Maxwell.

Coach T is at the U Pro Day watching Brandon Harris. Hmmm.

Comment

love me some brandon harris, love me some jarvis jenkins....this is great news
                        E]

Comment

Tomlin could also be looking at Hankerson(who I love) and Bailey(who I wouldn't mind in the third if he's there).

Comment

im not sure how i feel about hankerson....id prefer little if were taking a WR. hankerson wouldnt bring too much different to the table than brown and sanders.

bailey i think id take at 62, in the 3rd id definitely take him. he might be a workout warrior but its not like hes had ZERO production. hes a man without a position
                            E]

Comment

Trust me, I would LOVE Little on this team. I just like Hankerson a lot as well.

Comment

I love all the above players...Harris, Jenkins, Hank, Bailey and Little would all be great picks imo. Cant go wrong with any of them.

Also Tomlin was at Wisconsins pro day, who do you you think he was keeping an eye on the most? Carimi, Kendricks or JJ Watt?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information