No announcement yet.

2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Draft/Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurgh, Gil Brandt thinks that if the draft were to take place again we should take Corey Liuget over Heyward...i respected that guys opinions untill now, Liuget is simply terrible, and Heyward is going to be a man-beast. Just urgh.

Comment

• anybody got a link to watch this game??

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• Thank you Seattle

Comment

• Nice to get back even in the loss column with everyone. Hopefully they can get some guys heathy this week while we sit and watch the Ravens and Bengals play for first.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Well if Starks continues to play well......and Gilbert develops, they are one killer guard away from having a very good line....

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
            Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

• Agreed, especially if/when Colon moves inside, which I heard they might do that. I actually like Foster and think he could be a pretty good starting LG or RG for us for the long run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                Agreed, especially if/when Colon moves inside, which I heard they might do that. I actually like Foster and think he could be a pretty good starting LG or RG for us for the long run.
                Can Colon really ever be counted on to stay healthy?

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                  Good point. I hope so as he is a devastating run blocker and would improve our OL by so much.

Comment

• We have a lot of stop gap linemen. Yeah they are good for filling in if a starter goes down, but I just don't want to see them play all season long.

Another thing, maybe it has to do with the line play or just him in general but Mendy running abilities have seem to regressed. I know he is not getting the touches, but 3.8 avg. He does play better as more touches he gets, but just look at him always trying to bounce everything outside for a long run, which we have like 1 of this season. You have to run the ball late in the season and playoffs to win, not even establish the run.

Dear god do we need Wood back. I understand that Worilds can put pressure on the QB, but getting to the QB and pressuring is two different things. Even Wood putting pressure on the Qb compared to Worilds is different.

Last time Harrison and Wood played together 10/2 in Houston. Going to be great to have them back.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                      colon was very durable his first few years starting...hopefully this was just a freak back to back season thing. ill wait before i slap him with the injury prone label.
                      E]

Comment

• Originally posted by Jakey
                        Worilds is good man! I know KTrain compared him to Clark Haggans, but imo he is the complete opposite...Haggans had no athleticism, but got by with hustle. Worilds has tons of athleticism, but has never stayed healthy enough to get sufficient snaps. I compare him to Timmons when we drafted him, after a year or two everyone was calling him a bust (he had the talent, but wasnt playing up to it)...all it takes is enough snaps, and enough practice time to take that next step. Imo Worilds is taking that next step right now.

If the browns had a less agile QB, he could have had 4+ sacks in that game...he was getting pressure almost every play...McCoy just eluded him.

I'm excited about this kid.
                        hes been better but not nearly as impressive as you make him sound. hes gone from being horrid, to being a body to get in the way, to being marginally servicable.

still dont expect much from him long term, the reps have helped but hes mediocre across the board to me.
                        E]

Comment

• This week is huge for us. Both us an Baltimore making road trips to the West coast to face strong teams. SD has put up 30+ the last two weeks and SF is a very good team. This week can easily determine the AFC North.

Baltimore has two real stumbling blocks left and we have one. Cincy has been looking worse lately so I'm thinking SD is our best hope for getting the division title.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• his name should have been terrell pryor....jmo haha
                            E]

Comment

• I wish we could replace Bruce Arians with Norv Turner. He sucks as a HC but he's a great offensive mind.

As for an athletic TE, Ladarius Green could be it.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Quick Mock:

1. OG David DeCastro, Stanford
                                2. RB Jeff Demps, Florida
                                3. OG Amini Silatolu, Midwestern State
                                4. TE Ladarius Green, Louisiana-Lafayette
                                5. WR Brian Quick, Appalachian State
                                6. DE Matt Conrath, Virginia
                                7. K Carson Wiggs, Purdue

Very offensive oriented, but we have no guards and desperately need them, and Demps and Green would add entire new dimensions to our offense if they work out.

Quick is a big WR because Ben (and me too) wants one, Conrath is depth, and we need a kicker. I like Wiggs because he's got a big leg. He kicked a 67 yarder back in spring this year, it's on YouTube.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information