X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• though i do like lamaar

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• I think Rashard will be come out firing next season if he returns from his ACL on time.

Comment

• How would you guys feel if we were to sign LT in place of MeMo next season? I'm sure LT wants a ring and if we have another solid draft to combine with the playmakers we have on offense, we have just as great of shot as anyone else. LT would only get a one year deal and would be a third down back only, but I don't know, I think I'd like him in Pittsburgh for one year even if he is washed up and not even half of what he use to be. He'd be valuable IMO.

Comment

• I'm not too sure where i stand on the RB's...i loved Mendy coming out of college, and was stoked that we landed him where we did. But his success is completely dependant on the blocking, he brakes literally no tackles...behind our oline, im not sure how effective he will ever be, regardless of how much talent he has.

Redman on the other hand, has a fraction of Mendy's athleticism, but could actually be just as effective in our offensive scheme. He is just as good in the passing game and pass protection, and always gets yards after contact. If we had a good oline, Mendy would be the best option by far, but with our current oline Redman can be just as effective.

The jury is still out on Dwyer, i loved him coming out of college too, and i always root for the under-dog. He has looked solid running in the limited action he has seen, but is still a complete unknown in the passing game. Not sure how serious the foot injury is, but i have heard no news on it, so it could be a simple turf toe or it could be a career derailing lisfranc injury, who knows?

John Clay is like a bigger Redman, he's a bruiser, not sure he will ever be more than that, but time will tell.

MeMo is pretty much obsolete, he is matched by Mendy/Red at the 3rd down roll, and is now too slow to be a change of pace. If Baron Batch is healthy next season, Moore wont have a place on this team.

If we dont address the guard position in this years draft our running game is going to be mediocre at best. In which case we might need to draft a RB who is a combination of Mendy/Redman...athletic enough to bust to the outside, and make a few guys miss, but powerful enough to plow some guys over.

If we do draft a guard or two, and mendy is healthy, our running game should be fine.

What do you guys think will happen?

Comment

• id love to draft a guard.. someone give me a rundown on the ones coming out?

i know theres one from wisconsin thats decent but i havnt been keeping up on many o-linemen so far

Comment

• Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
              id love to draft a guard.. someone give me a rundown on the ones coming out?

i know theres one from wisconsin thats decent but i havnt been keeping up on many o-linemen so far
              Yeah same here bro, i dont know a great deal about the guards coming out.
              Anyone help?

Comment

• Cordy Glenn Georgia
                Kelechi Osemele Iowa State
                Brandon Washington Miami (My personal favorite)
                Kevin Zeitler Wisconsin
                James Brown Troy (Not a day 1 or two pick, but could be solid depth and could start down the line)
                Lucas Nix Pittsburgh
                Amini Silatou Midwestern St

Comment

• poor colts fans.

Comment

• Arians would probably have had better luck with his offense if he had Manning, but the way that team is going to be rebuilding I don't like that hire at all. Pagano must have saw something he liked when he coached against Arians though.

I really don't want the Steelers to hire Caldwell. I just don't have a good feeling about that one.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Looks like Keith Butler is going to the Colts to be their DC. I hope Kevin Greene comes back as the full time LB coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                        Looks like Keith Butler is going to the Colts to be their DC. I hope Kevin Greene comes back as the full time LB coach.

****, ****, ****. He probably got tired of waiting for LeBeau to hang them up.

I'd love Greene, but isn't he the LB coach for GB right now?

This offseason is going to be rough.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Greene is the OLB coach for the Packers therefore coming to Pittsburgh would be a promotion.

Comment

Greene is the OLB coach for the Packers therefore coming to Pittsburgh would be a promotion.
                            Oh, well that's good, I guess. I know he worked with Woodley and Harrison the season both started to beast, so I hope we get him.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                              Oh, well that's good, I guess. I know he worked with Woodley and Harrison the season both started to beast, so I hope we get him.
                              I doubt they go outside the organization, though. Jerry Olsavsky, out defensive assistant, will likely get promoted. From what I have read and heard, he's a real good coach and intense guy. Very hard nosed. He played for the Steelers and was a very good special teams guy IIRC.

Comment

I doubt they go outside the organization, though. Jerry Olsavsky, out defensive assistant, will likely get promoted. From what I have read and heard, he's a real good coach and intense guy. Very hard nosed. He played for the Steelers and was a very good special teams guy IIRC.
                                yeah and we also brought him in this year kind of foreseeing that butler wouldnt be here much longer as a lb coach..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information