Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Church?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Church?

    OK; I can vaguely recall this guy from college. He had incredible quickness for a linebacker but had his career ended by injury, and now ----- he's a steeler. Help me out, what's the deal here?

  • #2
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07082/772042-66.stm

    seems like a good pickup, if we get him for cheap might as well give him a shot

    thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

    Comment


    • #3
      sounds like he has a big injury problem, but it sounds like he could be a good special teamer. Thats always a plus.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
        http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07082/772042-66.stm

        seems like a good pickup, if we get him for cheap might as well give him a shot
        i agree 100%, sounds like he could be another steal like fast willie. if he did not get hurt it sound like he would have been a play maker, so maybe he could still be

        Matthew 19:26
        Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

        Comment


        • #5
          will he make the team and make an impact

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
            will he make the team and make an impact
            if he is fully recovered from his injury then yeah im sure he can make the team, and if he can make the team then my guess is he'll make a big impact

            thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

            Comment


            • #7
              Another big question mark with this move by the Steelers and their new coach.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NFLBOY View Post
                Another big question mark with this move by the Steelers and their new coach.
                ???

                i guess yes this is a questionable move considering his injuries, but theres really no harm in signing a guy like this for cheap, to see if he can come in and compete...

                i dont know how you can question this move at all really

                thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah, I really don't see how this is that bad if we sign him for cheap. Of course, it seems anything the Steelers do with Tomlin at the helm is horrible in your eyes, so it doesn't really matter what anyone says for you. Im sure if you were GM we'd have the exact same team that brought us to that super 8-8 season last year and be about 2 Million under the cap to sign our rookies so they can end up on the practice squad because we don't have any sort of competition for spots on the roster.

                  Change is a good thing, and a little less negativity about everything would just be super.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by skarocksoi View Post
                    Yeah, I really don't see how this is that bad if we sign him for cheap. Of course, it seems anything the Steelers do with Tomlin at the helm is horrible in your eyes, so it doesn't really matter what anyone says for you. Im sure if you were GM we'd have the exact same team that brought us to that super 8-8 season last year and be about 2 Million under the cap to sign our rookies so they can end up on the practice squad because we don't have any sort of competition for spots on the roster.

                    Change is a good thing, and a little less negativity about everything would just be super.
                    very nicely put

                    thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by skarocksoi View Post
                      Yeah, I really don't see how this is that bad if we sign him for cheap. Of course, it seems anything the Steelers do with Tomlin at the helm is horrible in your eyes, so it doesn't really matter what anyone says for you. Im sure if you were GM we'd have the exact same team that brought us to that super 8-8 season last year and be about 2 Million under the cap to sign our rookies so they can end up on the practice squad because we don't have any sort of competition for spots on the roster.

                      Change is a good thing, and a little less negativity about everything would just be super.
                      Do you think that maybe the offseason turmoil with Ben and not knowing what Cowher was going to do, had anything to do with last year? Think a little bro. That was the team that won the superbowl. Sorry I don't jump all over my team for having an 8-8 team, and then lick the balls of the new coach who hasn't done a thing. Just cause I don't like the direction of the team so far, doesn't mean you know more than I. I am skeptical because of the success of Cowher and the Steelers. We just hired a guy who has no experience besides 1 year as a DC and his pass defense sucked. Don't tell me I'm jumping all over this guy because he is great. I'm looking at these moves as not being very good. Why sign a guy who hasn't done a thing for basically 2 years, when the draft is coming up? Also maybe look at a trade. It's like the lions signing mike williams. That has really paid off. If we are going to take a chance on someone, at least do it with someone who hasn't had injuries. I'm sure there are plenty who could do the same with the cheap amount of money.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by NFLBOY View Post
                        Do you think that maybe the offseason turmoil with Ben and not knowing what Cowher was going to do, had anything to do with last year? Think a little bro. That was the team that won the superbowl. Sorry I don't jump all over my team for having an 8-8 team, and then lick the balls of the new coach who hasn't done a thing. Just cause I don't like the direction of the team so far, doesn't mean you know more than I. I am skeptical because of the success of Cowher and the Steelers. We just hired a guy who has no experience besides 1 year as a DC and his pass defense sucked. Don't tell me I'm jumping all over this guy because he is great. I'm looking at these moves as not being very good. Why sign a guy who hasn't done a thing for basically 2 years, when the draft is coming up? Also maybe look at a trade. It's like the lions signing mike williams. That has really paid off. If we are going to take a chance on someone, at least do it with someone who hasn't had injuries. I'm sure there are plenty who could do the same with the cheap amount of money.

                        you act like we just gave him 10mil guarenteed, we signed the guy for pretty much next to nothing, and are giving a guy who was great before injury a chance to prove himself, if he doesnt then oh well... what are we out? like 400,000? if that? we'll pay him less than a 7th round pick. how the hell do you compare this to mike williams, who was a first round pick?

                        also, the reason we were 8 - 8 last year had little to do with ben's injuries, he even said that himself, it did had something to do with the relationship with he and whis, basically the rooneys chose their franchise QB over their OC for the HC job.

                        what exactly would you do if you were in charge of the organization? if you have such a problem show us an alternate way? and don't say keeping joey porter because he already said we didnt have enough to pay him, and thats the truth on that, it was a business move

                        but tell us what you would do, instead of criticizing the steelers for doing what they always do in the offseason in grabbing 1 decent FA, then bringing in others that can compete for a roster spot

                        thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          umm....i like the idea of him. doesn't seem to hurt anything to bring him in and give him a shot. not saying it will happen or likely but he could be our defense willie parker.


                          Silverback....still the best.

                          +rep to Jakey for the sig

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yeah everybody seems pretty quick to criticize and complain and say everything is going to hell in a handbasket before we even see what happens. No one can predict the future and say we are screwed just things are different. We all have to wait and see until about 1 year from now to judge how things work out.

                            Anyways, it seems like we are bringing in some cheap guys in FA to play a backup role/compete for positions. Do we think that they will make the squad or end up as training camp cuts if the rookies outshine them?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                              you act like we just gave him 10mil guarenteed, we signed the guy for pretty much next to nothing, and are giving a guy who was great before injury a chance to prove himself, if he doesnt then oh well... what are we out? like 400,000? if that? we'll pay him less than a 7th round pick. how the hell do you compare this to mike williams, who was a first round pick?

                              also, the reason we were 8 - 8 last year had little to do with ben's injuries, he even said that himself, it did had something to do with the relationship with he and whis, basically the rooneys chose their franchise QB over their OC for the HC job.

                              what exactly would you do if you were in charge of the organization? if you have such a problem show us an alternate way? and don't say keeping joey porter because he already said we didnt have enough to pay him, and thats the truth on that, it was a business move

                              but tell us what you would do, instead of criticizing the steelers for doing what they always do in the offseason in grabbing 1 decent FA, then bringing in others that can compete for a roster spot
                              #1 thing to do would have been to wait and see what other coaches were going to be fired. Then I would have hired someone with experience and who has a proven track record. Like I said many times, I hope Tomlin pans out, but until that time he is going to be under a microscope and should be. I don't like his moves so far and you do. So what. This is a place to give out opinions, doesn't mean mine our wrong and your are not. I'm just not going to think everything is rosie and act like we are going back to the superbowl. I think we are straddling the fence and don't really know what direction we are going in. The draft could easily change my mind, but right now I see nothing that has been an improvement.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information