Taking a Guard Day 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a Guard Day 1

With Faneca most likely gone after this season, how many of you feel that we should take a guard in the 2nd or 3rd? Is Kemo or Colon the answer?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

depending on what is off the board i like martinez in the 3rd or 4th. i think him and Kemo will push for strongest pair of G in the NFL and won't get pushed around by all the superman like NT (SD Williams) in these 3-4's that seem to be popping up everywhere. (trying to be like us)

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

I think round 2....Ben Grubbs, Justin Blaylock, or Aaron Sears

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
      Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
        depending on what is off the board i like martinez in the 3rd or 4th. i think him and Kemo will push for strongest pair of G in the NFL and won't get pushed around by all the superman like NT (SD Williams) in these 3-4's that seem to be popping up everywhere. (trying to be like us)
        I think you mean Manuel Ramirez. Its foolish to believe that him and Kemo will tandem for the best pair in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
          I think round 2....Ben Grubbs, Justin Blaylock, or Aaron Sears
          Ben Grubbs is a beast. If he is there in round 2 that would be incrediable.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
            I think you mean Manuel Ramirez. Its foolish to believe that him and Kemo will tandem for the best pair in the NFL.
            yea brain fart there, thats who i meant and i didn't say best. i said strongest and that jamal williams and Ngata will not be able to throw those two around like they did with Simmons this past yr.

Comment

kemo was given a few chacnes to succeed when simmons couldnt play, but he never really stood out for us, i think colon has a better chance

i think we may take a late round guy this year, and then possibly take a first or second rounder next year if none of those work out for us

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                kemo was given a few chacnes to succeed when simmons couldnt play, but he never really stood out for us, i think colon has a better chance

i think we may take a late round guy this year, and then possibly take a first or second rounder next year if none of those work out for us
                are you for real?? i thought kemo did much better than i expected from him everytime he got to step in. he played a lot better than Simmons. but granted i don't really watch the G all that much when i do watch football, but i don't really remember hearing his name called, which is what you want from an O-Line.

Comment

i always thought he did decent, but they always put simmons back in, and we signed mahan, so my thinking is they arn't they high on him

Comment

i can't explain the mahan signing, but i think we can all agree that simmons kept going back in because cowher didn't like to admit his incorrect decisions on who was more suited to be the starter. i love/d cowher but that was one of his flaws. he didn't put the best players out on the field, he put his favorites out there.

Comment

true cowher did usually play his boys...

itll be interesting to see what they do this year

i still say they dont get a guy in the first or second this year, unless we somehow end up with more than 1 second

although, next year i think starks, faneca, and smith's contracts are all up...
                      either we need to get repalcements this year or next, or we have to resign them, though i doubt we have that kinda $

Comment

true cowher did usually play his boys...

itll be interesting to see what they do this year

i still say they dont get a guy in the first or second this year, unless we somehow end up with more than 1 second

although, next year i think starks, faneca, and smith's contracts are all up...
                        either we need to get repalcements this year or next, or we have to resign them, though i doubt we have that kinda $
                        yes especially with troy p's contract up as well and haggans, aren't they looking to get ben a new contract?? i think they will keep starks and thats it. smith and faneca are too old and faneca will ask for far too much money.

Comment

yeah, who knows... i wanna see how they play this year though under a new coach and with ben calling out the protections

Comment

yeah, who knows... i wanna see how they play this year though under a new coach and with ben calling out the protections
                            most def. that excites me. now he will know where it is or isn't coming from.

Comment

Kemo made quite a few mistakes last year; as all unexperienced O-linemen do; but never got pushed around by anyone like simmons did. Colon looked like their best lineman they drafted in quite some time. I would still like some more muscle there; blaylock or ramirez would be nice. what I like about Blaylock is how he pulls well for a big man and takes out linebackers. I watched a lot of Eagles games where Sean Andrews mastered that play; pulling outside and destroying whatever is in his path for the back to have a HUUUUGE hole. Imagine Wille Parker actually having holes to run through.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information