Newest trade rumor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PittPete View Post
    Last spring, Cowher was bellowing how Coke was going to have to step up this year(last) and prove himself and he and his coaches were saying allt the right things in hopes of him actually doing something to help the team. Outside of maybe one return, Coke was a total disaster and has never shown anything. Townsend is probably as good as 50% of the 3rd cbs in the league rather than your inflated 99%. And I'm still not sure about Ike being for real. which means if Mcfaddden goes down, our corners are iffy Ike, mighty mouse(Townsend) and superflop(Coke). With the passhappy NFL that now exists, how can youz guyz be happy with our corner situation?
    Coke was actually showing amazing potential last season before the injury. People remember him for the PRs, but he was doing a damn good job in coverage. he wasn't getting any help.

I'm not happy per se, I'm not even happy with our QB or TE or any situation. We can always do better, but we have greater needs than a CB.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

of course the guy with a Anthony Smith sig thinks we dont need a safety
      no but really to trade anything to move up to 5 and take Landry makes absolutely no sense what so ever

Comment

Originally posted by zCALz View Post
        of course the guy with a Anthony Smith sig thinks we dont need a safety
        no but really to trade anything to move up to 5 and take Landry makes absolutely no sense what so ever
        Haha zCALz,

You know there is absolutely no need for a Safety.

Clark was OK, Smith showed tons of potential (I mean he was killing left and right) Polamalu is the best SS in the league, and Carter did a damn good job filling in, including getting a game winning turnover.

Comment

OK lets put it this way. Is there any team in the league we would trade all our safeties for all their safeties? Nope!! How many teams would you trade our corners for theirs? Many teams have one elite corner and some real emerging talent to supplement them. Mcfadden seems to be an ideal no2 cb. Ike, if he gets his head out of his ass and with proper coaching COULD be a no1. What I'm saying is that it would be really nice to have a true shutdown corner, a guy that can handle a top wideout. I've watched Landry quite a bit and see him as a guy that offense wants to avoid; whether he could be a corner in the nfl with the same impact while playing corner is certainly debatable. But I think he is one of those guys(Like Troy) that only comes along every few years and would be worth trading up for. Our secondary truely looked like **** last year and while the best reason for improvement was sending the db coach elsewhere, our corners are nothing to be secure about.

Comment

OK lets put it this way. Is there any team in the league we would trade all our safeties for all their safeties? Nope!! How many teams would you trade our corners for theirs? Many teams have one elite corner and some real emerging talent to supplement them. Mcfadden seems to be an ideal no2 cb. Ike, if he gets his head out of his ass and with proper coaching COULD be a no1. What I'm saying is that it would be really nice to have a true shutdown corner, a guy that can handle a top wideout. I've watched Landry quite a bit and see him as a guy that offense wants to avoid; whether he could be a corner in the nfl with the same impact while playing corner is certainly debatable. But I think he is one of those guys(Like Troy) that only comes along every few years and would be worth trading up for. Our secondary truely looked like **** last year and while the best reason for improvement was sending the db coach elsewhere, our corners are nothing to be secure about.
            Ike is a shutdown #1. He shut down Chad Johnson 3x, Marvin Harrison 2x(Minus 1 td), Rod Smith, Bobby Engram, Not to mention Derrick Mason and every other #1 WR we played our Superbowl season.

Sure he's lacking a pair of hands, but when he's on, our secondary on his side is lock down.

I think too, once Smith gets more comfortable, that no one will want to receive on us. Kellen Winslow and Reuben Droughns don't. TJ Doesn't.

Comment

Ike is a shutdown? How does a shutdown corner shut anyone down while sitting on the bench? He got scorched something like 3 games in a row before his demotion. Anthony Smith is probably our best defensive back right now and I love Troy. I'm hoping, and you are assuming, that Ike's problem was Darren Perry's coaching was to blame. It seemed that the defensive scheme was to let receivers get 5 yards of room and then tackle them after the catch, which is a nightmare. Even at their best, Mcfadden and Ike are probably B+ corners, which isn't bad but I would like to have an A+ back there. Having a premier cb backed up by Mcf and Ike is one hell of a backfield.

Comment

Ike is a shutdown? How does a shutdown corner shut anyone down while sitting on the bench? He got scorched something like 3 games in a row before his demotion. Anthony Smith is probably our best defensive back right now and I love Troy. I'm hoping, and you are assuming, that Ike's problem was Darren Perry's coaching was to blame. It seemed that the defensive scheme was to let receivers get 5 yards of room and then tackle them after the catch, which is a nightmare. Even at their best, Mcfadden and Ike are probably B+ corners, which isn't bad but I would like to have an A+ back there. Having a premier cb backed up by Mcf and Ike is one hell of a backfield.
                Wouldnt we all, but we won a Superbowl without a A+ Corner, Even without hands Don't forget that Ike had a crucial INT in the SB, not to mention he shut down everyone. Tomlin is enamored with Ike and I think We're fine, If Tomlin coaches up the secondary (He's doing good so far), we'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information