Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerribleEd View Post
    Mr. Stiller:

With all of the twists and turns I have seen with your drafts over the past five months, I have to say that you definitely have saved your best for last!

Good job! I would have no problem at all if the draft went this way.

Jason Hill in the third would be a beautiful thing!
    I think most guys do their thinking up front.. I sift through the best possible scenarios.. adding bits and pieces from every mock.

Finally I think I got it right.

If the case is that we have to trade down (No Anderson)... It would probably be with the saints at 27 with an extra 2nd and 4th:
    Spencer at 1
    Blalock at 2a,
    Hill at 2b,
    Doug Free at 3
    4a) DeOssie
    4b) Barnes
    4c) Sepulveda
    5a) Battle
    5b) Jackson
    6) Anam
    7) Jason Capizzi

UDFA:

Brian Smith, Mark Fenton, Anthony Pudewell, Jeff Rowe, Gijon Robinson.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

One thing troubles me though.....

Mr Stiller, if this is your final mock of the season, then what will you be doing with your free time between now and draft day?

If you leave your computer, you might meet some chick who sweeps you off your feet and takes away to much of your time for 2008's preparation!

Play it safe, Mr. Stiller, stay in front of the computer and start preparing for 2008 immediately!

I'll be expecting your first 2008 steeler mock draft by weeks end!

Comment

Mr Stiller, if this is your final mock of the season, then what will you be doing with your free time between now and draft day?

If you leave your computer, you might meet some chick who sweeps you off your feet and takes away to much of your time for 2008's preparation!

Play it safe, Mr. Stiller, stay in front of the computer and start preparing for 2008 immediately!

I'll be expecting your first 2008 steeler mock draft by weeks end!
        Haha, Ironically.. I didn't even read this and I did do a 2008 mock in one of my threads.

I lied there is a "Other route" mock trading Starks and trading down with NO.

I enjoy doing mocks , I'm a mock-aholic.

I don't know if you're really being sarcastic, or if your annoyed with the amount I do..

However, My g/f and I are looking for a new home, and I'm working a lot (Hence my absence not too long ago.)

Don't worry about her though, We work together for my parents (ebay store.. a branch off of their wholesale store.. www.stores.ebay.com/dvo-deals ) She understands How I and the draft work together.

It was kind of funny recently though <lame story> Her cousin is getting married and I agreed to go to the wedding.. she though it was draft weekend last week and I basically took the phone, called up her cousin, told her that we're cancelling as we have very important plans for the 27th-29th.. and her cousin turns around and is like... thats perfect cause my Wedding is the 21st... DAMN! Almost got out of it...</lame story>

After that, my mocks are done, but i'll still put input.
        Last edited by Mr. Stiller; 04-19-2007, 03:42 AM.

Comment

i have asked the same thing about Anderson, is he to tall for OLB?
          i also like Hill, but if you can get someone so close to him 3-4 rounds later and get to use the pick we would use on Hill to get another impact player then go for the later round pick. for a 3rd sting WR i think 3rd is to high, other than that good draft.

Matthew 19:26
          Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

Originally posted by steel man View Post
            i have asked the same thing about Anderson, is he to tall for OLB?
            i also like Hill, but if you can get someone so close to him 3-4 rounds later and get to use the pick we would use on Hill to get another impact player then go for the later round pick. for a 3rd sting WR i think 3rd is to high, other than that good draft.
            All things in consideration, most people will say yes. I can't see an Inch making a huge difference.. Merriman is 6'5, Jarvis Moss is 6'7, Gaines Adams is 6'5, Jamaal Anderson is 6'5.5" tall, I can't see that half an inch being a huge difference.

As for Hill, you're not going to find someone day 2 as ready as him. The whole Idea of drafting a Day 1 WR is to Cut Wilson and have a ready #3, and in 2-3 years he can slide to #1.

Comment

Mr Stiller

Mr Stiller:

Don't read too much into that last post, I was just poking some good natured fun at you!

I have always enjoyed your mocks, and look forward to many more!

Comment

Mr Stiller:

Don't read too much into that last post, I was just poking some good natured fun at you!

I have always enjoyed your mocks, and look forward to many more!
                Well, I think my problem is in the past I did Quantity over quality. Plus it's hard because you have your draft position and then after a mock or 2, you get news that Player X is now falling to around your draft position... Then you have to reorganize everything..

In my case. Everything was a trade down for Spencer or Grubbs, now, Anderson is a viable candidate.

So, I love my 2008 mock, but then again, we don't know the JR's, we don't know who's 2007 season could boost them.. or drop them..

All I know, is if we want to take a SS(For depth), take one this year because the best SS is like a 3rd or 4th rounder.. Zbikowski or Michael Johnson.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information