beason or timmons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beason or timmons

since the steelers r interested in both of them really well, which one of these two would you rather have

id rather have timmons because of his potential and because he can also rush the passer and has played in the 3-4

For me I'll go with Timmons...especially if they stay with the 3-4. I'm really a big fan of Beason i like Posluszny better

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Timmons can play in a 3-4 or a cover 2, so he may be a good pick for you all.

Comment

His experience scares me but if I had to pick between those two I would say Timmons.

Comment

Timmons = the next Gregg Lloyd, so Timmons

Matthew 19:26
          Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

if only he was taller then id love him

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

not a fan of either one. Both are too small. How many great LB's in the league are smaller than 6-2/240?

Comment

Originally posted by richdg View Post
                not a fan of either one. Both are too small. How many great LB's in the league are smaller than 6-2/240?
                Zach Thomas......London Flectcher!!?

There has to be more i'm just to lazy

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Joathan Villiam - Beason comparison

d. edwards
                  Tedy Bruschi
                  Al Wilson
                  Zach Thomas 5-11 230
                  Ray Lewis
                  Derrick Brooks

these are just a few they are the ones u think of first, when ur like name great LBs, they are all great players look at Thomas mans a beast even at 5-11
                  Its not the size its taht they just play great They know what they are doing. the game type wont lie,

I would pick Timmons

Comment

I would take a package of Posluszny/Shaw over Timmons/Beason. In 2005 I thought AJ Hawk was the best lb in the country until the OSU/PSU game wher Poz totally outclassed Hawk. He was the top lb that year and would have been in 2006 except he was coming off a terrible injury and changing positions. He looked like crap for a few games but got better and better as the year went on. He is going to be a surething nfl backer and I hope it is for us and not, worst-case scenario, New England. I would be perfectly content to get him at 15 but will jump out of my skin if either of Timmons/Beason gets picked while Poz is sitting there.

Comment

I'm a Penn state fan and i have been a season ticket holder for the past two seasons. In general in ranking the line backers regardless of system I would rank them.

1.Pos
                      2.Timmons
                      3.Beason

However if we stay with 3-4.....with the 3-4 I think that Timmons is better then Pos.

Mike Tirico

Comment

Ok, here is a new idea. Engage your brain before you type. LB's, like every other position are getting bigger and faster. Throwing out names of guys who have been in the league for 10=12 years has no bearing on today, or the next 10-12 years. Yes, there are always 1 or 2 undersized guys that make it. But not many. Edwards, Brooks, and Thomas, are all undersized for todays game. They are also liabilities against the run, and are in D's that protect them. Timmons and Beason are both 6-0 and around 235 lbs. Let's compare to other good lb's in the league.
                        Vilma 6-1/235
                        Ray Lewis 6-1/250
                        Scott 6-2/240
                        Haggans 6-3/255
                        Porter 6-2/245
                        Farrior 6-2/245
                        Merriman 6-4/270
                        Ware 6-4/260
                        Carpenter 6-2/255
                        Spikes 6-2/245
                        D. Jones 6-1/240
                        Washington 6-3/250
                        Biggs 6-1/240
                        Urlacher 6-4/260
                        Hawk 6-1/245
                        Barnett 6-2/235
                        This averages out to 6-2 1/4 and 248 pounds. Both guys are 2 inches to short, and 13 pounds to small. On top of that, we play in a northern city. Thus the run game is more important. Undersized LB's are going to get killed playing against strong running games.

Comment

yeah i agree, though as far as popping goes it doesnt really matter your size... if you can hit you can hit

but still i dont really like either

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

A lot of guys can hit. But can you fight through a block from a OLman? Can you drop into coverage? Can your body hold up to the pounding it is going to take? Can you blow up a good FB? These are the things that make a good LB. Yes, speed is part of it. But only 1 part. Carl Lewis has 0tackles in the NFL. You have to be able to stand your ground, fight off the blocker, then deliver the blow. I don't see Timmons or Beason doing those things very well.

Comment

Timmons seems like better fit for the 3-4, so I say it will depend on whether Tomlin wants a guy who can play as a 4-3 OLB (Beason more so) or a 4-3 DE (Moss) if he eventually goes to a Cover 2.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
                              Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information