No announcement yet.

beason or timmons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why are people saying timmons is a better fit for the 3 - 4?

just curious, they seem like the same player practically, played the same pos in college, their measurments are almost the same, etc.

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post

just curious, they seem like the same player practically, played the same pos in college, their measurments are almost the same, etc.
      I think Timmons is more explosive as pass rusher

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
      Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Forget the height, the thing that concerns me with Timmons playing in a 3-4 is his weight. He's only 230 pounds, I want my 3-4 LB to be at least 240-245, 250 would be ideal. The thing I see from Timmons is that he does not beat blocks head on, but rather uses his speed to get around them. When being ran directly at in a 3-4 you need that size and strength to take a blocker head on and direct him out of your way in order for you to make a play on the ball. That's the only question mark I have. No doubt Timmons can be a great edge rusher, and that's the difference between he and Paul P. I don't see Pos as a true rusher. However with both Beason and Timmons, can they stop the run at the next level within a 3-4 relying on their speed?

If I had my pick give me Anthony Spencer, 6-3 260, 4.6 speed, and 500 pound bench press. He can get after the QB, he's big, powerful, can shed blocks, and plays well vs the run.
        Last edited by JayA55; 04-16-2007, 04:26 PM.

Comment

blah neither of them. i think i would be somewhat dissappointed if timmons or beason were picked in the 1st round.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post

ya i think the situations they were made to play in is what people are going off of. beason in miami was a roamer and a coverage guy that helped with the run. cover two OLB. timmons was a pass rusher that tried to help stop the run. 3-4 OLB. and the reason i want neither of them, is beason is a cover two OLB, don't want to change to 4-3 cover 2 and timmons is a 3-4 OLB but he sucked against the run and we haven't allowed an 100yrd rusher in like what over 50 games now, or close to it.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Beason would be a Vilma/Lewis like MLB.

Timmons would still be an OLB, but frankly, I'm tired of hearing the Greg Lloyd comparison. Lloyd was a rare athlete, but It's rare to have someone of his size and speed with the rare power he possessed. I don't think Timmons has his speed, power or will to succeed.

Frankly I still thinking we'll transition to a 43 and this might be a moot point.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information