Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
    i think he was being sarcastic ;)
    nice catch. :) i guess it is a steelers thing.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Battle

Thanks for the vids Mr. Stiller, he stood out in a few Houston games(as did Will Gulley, Willie Gaston, and Rodney Hannah)I saw this year as well. I could of run through some of those holes(though I would be caught pretty quick), maybe we should be looking at the Houston lineman as well. Great nickname potential as well; from the Bus, to the Dumptruck, and next the Battleship.

How high might we have to go to get him now, 4th round? I think the knock on him before his pro day was scouts were looking at him as a FB, and they thought he didn't have the heart/toughness to be a lead blocker.

Let the Battle pimping begin

Comment

How about putting him in the same backfield as fast Willie?

Comment

Originally posted by PittPete View Post
          How about putting him in the same backfield as fast Willie?
          that would be some scariness. that would be the saints backfield right there. willie just isn't as agile as bush is and battle would prolly need a yr or two to be as powerful or know how to run with enough power as mcalister. but we would be the next greatest duo backfield.

Comment

Originally posted by slurve View Post
            Thanks for the vids Mr. Stiller, he stood out in a few Houston games(as did Will Gulley, Willie Gaston, and Rodney Hannah)I saw this year as well. I could of run through some of those holes(though I would be caught pretty quick), maybe we should be looking at the Houston lineman as well. Great nickname potential as well; from the Bus, to the Dumptruck, and next the Battleship.

How high might we have to go to get him now, 4th round? I think the knock on him before his pro day was scouts were looking at him as a FB, and they thought he didn't have the heart/toughness to be a lead blocker.

Let the Battle pimping begin
            I don't think it was the "Heart/toughness" I mean he was a physical runner.. I think they didn't realize he had real NFL Caliber speed. They guestimated around 4.72. thats .3 seconds slower than he is. Doesn't sound like much, but he gets out in front of the LB's, it's over.

The way I See it is he's used to a spread offense/1RB base formation (Guess what we're running!)

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
              that would be some scariness. that would be the saints backfield right there. willie just isn't as agile as bush is and battle would prolly need a yr or two to be as powerful or know how to run with enough power as mcalister. but we would be the next greatest duo backfield.
              my mistake
              Last edited by Man_Of_Steel; 04-18-2007, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                Are you kidding, saying that Parker has as much agility as Bush. Have you ever seen the two play. Bush has about all the agility a single person can have and Parker's agility is middle row. Do you know what agility is?
                um, did you read what he said?

he said willie "isnt as agile as bush is"

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                  um, did you read what he said?

he said willie "isnt as agile as bush is"
                  my bad.

On another note we should have our second round pick in the NFLDC Draft by tonight.

Comment

what direction u headed towards?

cb / line / receiver?

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Well, i cant say exactly who stiller and i are targeting but right now it seems we may take a guy with the intention of switching his college position.

Comment

that could be any number of ppl. let us know who is available with 2nd rd grades and who yall are thinking of. and if we can help, i'd be more than happy to give my opinion.

Comment

I like Battle, but I think his running style and height reminds me more of Chris Brown(TN), than Michael Turner. I am not saying that in a bad way. Before Chris Brown started getting injured being the main back he was a great back-up running back.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRob View Post
                            I like Battle, but I think his running style and height reminds me more of Chris Brown(TN), than Michael Turner. I am not saying that in a bad way. Before Chris Brown started getting injured being the main back he was a great back-up running back.
                            Well Chris Brown I can agree with the fact neither lower their center of gravity to run the end arounds, but Battle isn't an upright runner.. Brown was a physical standup runner that i'd compare favorably to Bush, whereas Battle is a guy taht will lower his shoulder and lower his center of gravity.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information