I found our RB.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found our RB.

I Don't find very many guys in a draft that I'll stick to before I find a new guy that I think will be better, However... No one can beat out Jackie Battle In My eyes.

Youtube Highlights

Battle has big time speed, FB Frame, and is seriously near unstoppable.

He has just a hair less agility than Michael Bush, but is faster than Both Bush and Hunt. He has a great Explosion. He has amazing downfield vision, and he can move the pile.

This guy is perfect as our #2. He can be our Michael Turner (Ironically he's bigger/faster), he's a 5th rounder, and he can do everything we want as a 2nd RB.

People will argue (By looking at his draft stock) and saying "As a 5th rounder, what if Parker goes down". Regardless of who the #2 is (Short of AP) your in trouble. But this kid is still a player. 4.42 speed, at 6'2 235lbs. Hits like a ton of bricks, has a 4 Ft vertical (41in), and can do the Goal-line dives (10'11" broad jump).

for his pro day video, see here.

Pro-Day

After seeing those Videos please explain how he's not a perfect fit for our #2 needs and Short Yardage packages.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

4 foot vertical would be 48 inches :)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
      4 foot vertical would be 48 inches :)
      Nice catch Kev!

Comment

me likey but i always have. as i once attended La Tech and that is WAC as well. i definitely think he could be our #2.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

yea his #'s are pretty nice...

i wonder why hes not ranked higher in peoples pos rankings

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
            yea his #'s are pretty nice...

i wonder why hes not ranked higher in peoples pos rankings
            Sam Houston State. have you ever heard of it??

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
              Sam Houston State. have you ever heard of it??
              Yes and I've also heard of the University of Houston which coincidentally is where Jackie Battle went to

Comment

Yes and I've also heard of the University of Houston which coincidentally is where Jackie Battle went to
                well aren't you just in a correcting mood today?? they are the same thing basically so it doesn't really.....count...as uh....mistake.

Comment

damn... yeah he looks pretty good. He would be a really good fit for us

Thank you Jimmy for the sig.

Comment

Nice but i had the same feeling when i watched the Nate Iloa you tube video.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

I scopped Mr. Stiller! I had Battle in my mock draft last week! He would be a great pick on day 2. Size and speed, good numbers as a player.

Comment

I dont often agree with you Stiller but this guy looks like he could be a capable number 2 back.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                          Nice but i had the same feeling when i watched the Nate Iloa you tube video.
                          Nate Ilaoa doesn't have his size/speed. Ilaoa is undersized 5'9, at 240 lbs. He's a 4.7+ Runner where as battle is a 4.42 Runner.

Ilaoa is considered a FB, Battle was considered an FB (Which is why I lost hope on him since the Bowl game)...

Ilaoa didn't run crazy on Missouri and SC... Battle did. Battle reminds me of a Taller, more powerful Michael Turner (The guy we should've picked in the 5th round over ... Adibi was it?)

And I'm sure Ilaoa was tackled behind his LOS more than 4 times in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                            well aren't you just in a correcting mood today?? they are the same thing basically so it doesn't really.....count...as uh....mistake.
                            Sam Houston State and University of Houston are two completely different colleges. Sam Houston State is D1-AA and has a decent RB of their own in DD Terry

Comment

Sam Houston State and University of Houston are two completely different colleges. Sam Houston State is D1-AA and has a decent RB of their own in DD Terry
                              i think he was being sarcastic ;)

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information