Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
    Anyone else hear Porter has gaurenteed a win this week? I don't think we are in a position to be promising wins after our 2nd 3 game losing streak of the year.
    I think it's going to be a tough game. It's going to be hard for me to pull for either team since both are my favorites.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

Ike gets beat for another one.

Comment

Halftime.

What do you do if your Dick Lebeau?
        Troy and Deshea are out, your front seven are not getting pressure on Brees and therefore you cannot run zone schemes 'cause Brees has time to pick them apart, your DBs are not big or fast enough to match up man to man, and the Saints are finding holes in what is supposed to be your specialty - stopping the run.

Tough situation.

Comment

Great game. I'm a Steerlers fan so it's hard for me to say great game because I'm glad they won but the Steelers hit harder and played better than the Saints. Congrats to you Steelers fans who are Steelers fans before other teams (like me, Saints fan above Steelers fan but Steelers are my favorite when they aren't playing the Saints).

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by THav916
            Ike has not played well. Townsend hasn't either. But here's my take on it. Taylor should and could be amazing. He needs woken up. Townsend on the other hand, just isn't good. He's shorter, older, slower, and just does a formidable job. Benching him would be fine with me, but wouldn't motivate him to play any better. He's just doing what he can. However, this could be a wake up call for Ike, showing he needs to get his act together, start playing up to his potential, and be our #1 cb. Who knows if this had anything to do with it, but I'm hoping Ike gets a wake up call, and I think eventually Ike and McFadden will be our 2 cb's and Townsend will be the nickel guy.
            I think adding Revis who's a young and has more intangibles for Townsend would be perfect.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

For all of the games we lost due to turnovers its about time we win won because of them.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
                Originally posted by THav916
                Ike has not played well. Townsend hasn't either. But here's my take on it. Taylor should and could be amazing. He needs woken up. Townsend on the other hand, just isn't good. He's shorter, older, slower, and just does a formidable job. Benching him would be fine with me, but wouldn't motivate him to play any better. He's just doing what he can. However, this could be a wake up call for Ike, showing he needs to get his act together, start playing up to his potential, and be our #1 cb. Who knows if this had anything to do with it, but I'm hoping Ike gets a wake up call, and I think eventually Ike and McFadden will be our 2 cb's and Townsend will be the nickel guy.
                I think adding Revis who's a young and has more intangibles for Townsend would be perfect.
                Revis will be drafted to a team that needs a #1 corner. With Ike and McFadden on the roster we won't take a corner in the first round where Revis will likrly go.

Comment

I have to agree that a cornerback seems to be becoming more of a need in this upcoming draft, and we'll probably be in a decent position to take on.

What does everyone think of Ike Taylor? He played much better last year, so was he overachieving then, or underachieving this year?

Comment

Ike isn't as bad as he is playing now but he isn't as good as he played in the playoffs last year.

With that said, first round corner is not a need. We have Ike, McFadden, Ricardo and Townsend under contract for next year. There is no need to add a first rounder to that group. After next season Townsend will liekly either be cut or retire and Ricardo will be let go so a corner could be a need then but as for this draft it looks like a second day need to me.

Revis is a great corner and he would be great in Pittsburgh but I don't see any way we look past the holes forming along the O-line and at LB to take a corner that would probably be nothing more than the dime back on opening day.

Comment

Yea agreed, if we had about 4 first round picks, Revis would be great. And I do think we'll be in a position to take the best available at a few different positions (OL,ILB, OLB), i just dont see CB being one of them. If a cb is BY FAR the best player out there, then i'm all for it. I just dont see any situation where that would be the case. We're gonna be able to choose from some good talent.

Comment

I'm gonna throw another name out there, and I'm sure it's been talked about before, but if I missed it, I'd like to bring it up again. What about Alan Branch, DT from Michigan. Watching Michigan this year, the guy is outstanding. At 6'6 310, I've seen where people think he could be a great 3-4 DE. He wouldn't have to come in right away and play, but in his 2nd year could take over for Smith. Smith hasn't done much this year and isn't getting any better. It's a position where we rotate a lot of guys anyway, and have no real young talent there.

Not saying he's a slam dunk over o-line, lb, or any other position, but I'd be in all favor of going after him. Could be moot if he's long gone (or not even in the draft), but lets assume for argument's sake he won't be gone and will be in the draft. I'm all for adding studs in the first round and worrying about needs elsewhere, and I think Branch would be one of my top candidates.

Comment

I'm not saying CB is a first round need, but after tonight it's pretty easy to see that we don't have a whole lot of quality depth at the position.

Also, for those who want to get Revis, isn't he just a junior? If so, it's not completely certain he will even come out this year.

Comment

Originally posted by skarocksoi
                            I'm not saying CB is a first round need, but after tonight it's pretty easy to see that we don't have a whole lot of quality depth at the position.

Also, for those who want to get Revis, isn't he just a junior? If so, it's not completely certain he will even come out this year.
                            From talking with him, he wouldn't tell me flat out, but he made it pretty sure he was almost a lock to leave.

Comment

He's going to come out. He is one of the top corners in the country and will likely go as a first rounder.

As to Alan Branch, I think he would bea great 3-4 DE and I think we will be able to get him where we pick but I would only take him if the elite tackles and linebackers were gone. We have pretty good depth at DE already. Bailey and Kirshke get alot of play time and they look pretty good while doing it. I'd take a guy in the 3rd or 4th like we did with Orien this year and hope it works out.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
                                He's going to come out. He is one of the top corners in the country and will likely go as a first rounder.

As to Alan Branch, I think he would bea great 3-4 DE and I think we will be able to get him where we pick but I would only take him if the elite tackles and linebackers were gone. We have pretty good depth at DE already. Bailey and Kirshke get alot of play time and they look pretty good while doing it. I'd take a guy in the 3rd or 4th like we did with Orien this year and hope it works out.
                                I want Mkristo Bruce, but i'm unsure of where. I think he could give us a jason taylor like player at OLB, or be like Aaron Smith at DE.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information