Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
    Eh.

    Last Year I heard our defense lost it's emotion and Swagger. Smith is basically the Joey Porter of FS's and he almost guarantee's 2 wins against the bengals every year.

    No reason to cut him.

    Though.. Until he proves he can beat out Ryan Clark...

    FS: Ryan Clark -> Ryan Mundy
    SS: Troy P. -> Anthony Smith
    3rd S: AnSmith.
    Joey Porter could play his position.

    Comment


    • An article on Dixon for those who haven't see it yet.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
        Joey Porter could play his position.
        Rewatch the Jaguars game and Tell Me Smith didn't put us in a position to win (Reg season).

        Smith got a bunch of **** for the "Guarantee"

        Rewatch the play, Ike Taylor quit covering Moss. Smith was playing a short zone. He then read the play. Almost broke it up too.

        Smith got a lot of undo **** last year.

        Which irritates me. His performance (Supposedly) Dropped about the same time Clark Haggans disappeared, Aaron Smith Got Injured, etc.

        Smith was just the scapegoat. Like Ike taylor was in 06.


        Joey Porter couldn't play 3-4 OLB. Joey Porter could play 4-3 SLB. Joey Porter couldn't rush the passer. Joey Porter COULD talk **** and blitz, coming unscathed.

        Double Standards

        Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
          Rewatch the Jaguars game and Tell Me Smith didn't put us in a position to win (Reg season).

          Smith got a bunch of **** for the "Guarantee"

          Rewatch the play, Ike Taylor quit covering Moss. Smith was playing a short zone. He then read the play. Almost broke it up too.

          Smith got a lot of undo **** last year.

          Which irritates me. His performance (Supposedly) Dropped about the same time Clark Haggans disappeared, Aaron Smith Got Injured, etc.

          Smith was just the scapegoat. Like Ike taylor was in 06.


          Joey Porter couldn't play 3-4 OLB. Joey Porter could play 4-3 SLB. Joey Porter couldn't rush the passer. Joey Porter COULD talk **** and blitz, coming unscathed.

          Double Standards
          It wasn't even a guarantee in my opinion, at which I assume you were hinting. I don't fault him at that. We obviously all know his passion for the game is unquestionable.

          To claim Porter couldn't rush the passer is questionable at best. He averaged over 8 sacks per season while with the Steelers this decade, as the starting LB every one of those years.

          Smith is talking trash when he was thrown into the lineup due to injuries, as if he had earned that spot. He made some noise with his mouth, failed to produce adequately on the field, and is now back to being a backup.

          I am completely fine with keeping Smith to backup Polamalu. However, Clark's health issues still linger, and it would be wise to upgrade at the FS position.

          Unless of course Ryan Mundy turns out to be a 6th round steal.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
            It wasn't even a guarantee in my opinion, at which I assume you were hinting. I don't fault him at that. We obviously all know his passion for the game is unquestionable.

            To claim Porter couldn't rush the passer is questionable at best. He averaged over 8 sacks per season while with the Steelers this decade, as the starting LB every one of those years.

            Smith is talking trash when he was thrown into the lineup due to injuries, as if he had earned that spot. He made some noise with his mouth, failed to produce adequately on the field, and is now back to being a backup.

            I am completely fine with keeping Smith to backup Polamalu. However, Clark's health issues still linger, and it would be wise to upgrade at the FS position.

            Unless of course Ryan Mundy turns out to be a 6th round steal.
            Anthony Smith was also thrust into the limelight as a second year player.

            Didn't Porter have 3-4 Years before he was a starter?

            Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

            Comment




            • Harrison is a BAD BAD MAN



              Timmons can cover the fastest guy on the team.. almost.

              Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post


                Harrison is a BAD BAD MAN



                Timmons can cover the fastest guy on the team.. almost.
                That photo of Harrison almost made me piss my pants in fear. He is just flat out scary.

                That being said, I think he won't have as good a year this year as he did last from a stats perspective, simply because opposing teams will take him into account in their game plans. Hopefully that frees up other guys to step up, like Woodley.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by skarocksoi View Post
                  That photo of Harrison almost made me piss my pants in fear. He is just flat out scary.

                  That being said, I think he won't have as good a year this year as he did last from a stats perspective, simply because opposing teams will take him into account in their game plans. Hopefully that frees up other guys to step up, like Woodley.
                  I think that a 2nd year of starting plus the addition of Woodley will only help Harrison this year. Haggans didn't provide much pressure last year, teams will be forced to respect Woodley once he displays his ability and Harrison will get better match-ups.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

                  Comment


                  • http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot....nt-get-it.html

                    Comment


                    • so Bloom is going to be the return man for the game against the Eagles

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                        Anthony Smith was also thrust into the limelight as a second year player.

                        Didn't Porter have 3-4 Years before he was a starter?
                        I think Porter started his 2nd season.

                        Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

                        Comment


                        • yeah im 95% sure he started his second year at pitt

                          thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                            I think Porter started his 2nd season.
                            Started all 16 games.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            Debug Information