No announcement yet.

Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is thier any defensive backs we can pick up on the waiver wire. I not as disspointed with the corner play as some people(the pass rush isn't getting there) but our guys are dropping like flys.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

What do you guys think about Jay Alford, a DT from Penn State. He's one of those undersized DT's about 6-3, 288 that you could maybe move from the middle to a DE. The guy is pretty stout against the run, but can seriously penetrate into the backfield and leads PSU in both TFL's and and Sacks.

Can he fit as a DE in the 3-4 if he maybe gains a little weight, or is he just not tall enough? I think if he could fit in our scheme he would be an interesting prospect that probably wont go until the 4th or 5th round. Your thoughts.

Comment

Adam Carriker is the perfect 3-4 DE and hopefully a guy the Steelers take a long look at.

Comment

At first it looked liek Carriker would be a first round lock but he seems to be folling some. I would love to land him in the 2nd round. We need to add youth there because Smith and Kirschke are getting up there in age.

We still have Harris on the practice squad who I think will develop into a good 3-4 DE with time. He looked good this preseason and will get another shot next training camp.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
            At first it looked liek Carriker would be a first round lock but he seems to be folling some. I would love to land him in the 2nd round. We need to add youth there because Smith and Kirschke are getting up there in age.

We still have Harris on the practice squad who I think will develop into a good 3-4 DE with time. He looked good this preseason and will get another shot next training camp.
            ]

Carriker has had a pretty weak showing this year, he's 6'8 and can barely manage tackle let along a guard and tackle to let the LB's Roam.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

so,

I was thinking about who Colbert was scouting and I think we could have 2-3 new LB's this year.

OLB: Keith Rivers/Lawrence Jackson of USC, and William Beckford of Rutgers
              ILB: Eric Foster, the DT of Rutgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
                so,

I was thinking about who Colbert was scouting and I think we could have 2-3 new LB's this year.

I think so too. We need depth at LB behind Porter, Haggans, Foote, etc... I think we could also use CB help but I think they'll draft that position later in the draft. I think we could also use a RB and some O-line help.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule
                  Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
                  so,

I think so too. We need depth at LB behind Porter, Haggans, Foote, etc... I think we could also use CB help but I think they'll draft that position later in the draft. I think we could also use a RB and some O-line help.
                  I know i get criticised for this but I dont care who likes Hall Revis is a shutdown corner. I'm thinking it might go something like this now:

1) Darrelle Revis
                  2) Lawrence Jackson
                  3) James Marten
                  4) WR/RB
                  5) William Beckford
                  6) Eric Foster
                  7) BPA

I'm unsure about it, sure but I'm not totally sold on the fact we don't worry about defense. We have went from a top 3-5 defense to mediocre.. we have no pass rush and it's putting our CB's and safeties on a limb. We need an ample pass rush to run all of LeBeaus Schemes

Comment

I'd much rather get a great pass rusher or O-lineman than Revis in the first.

I'd take
                    1. OLB
                    2. OT
                    3. ILB
                    4. DE

Corner isn't a need we need to adress early in the draft. We have our of guys for the future at corner and Ricardo has looked good when in at Nickleback. Plus we will probably have Ike, McFadden, Townsend and Ricardo all back next year. I'd rather add a FA that coule fill in the holes of the secondary when people get injured than adding a guy in the early rounds of the draft that would probably end up being a career backup.

Comment

I'd much rather get a great pass rusher or O-lineman than Revis in the first.

I'd take
                      1. OLB
                      2. OT
                      3. ILB
                      4. DE

Corner isn't a need we need to adress early in the draft. We have our of guys for the future at corner and Ricardo has looked good when in at Nickleback. Plus we will probably have Ike, McFadden, Townsend and Ricardo all back next year. I'd rather add a FA that coule fill in the holes of the secondary when people get injured than adding a guy in the early rounds of the draft that would probably end up being a career backup.
                      I was just going by who Kevin Colbert was scouting Heavily.

Comment

I havn't heard anything about Colbert scouting Revis. If you have a link to that I would love to see that.

I have heard he loves Lawrence Jackson though.

Comment

I havn't heard anything about Colbert scouting Revis. If you have a link to that I would love to see that.

I have heard he loves Lawrence Jackson though.
                          I've just heard that he's been scouting Pitt, BC, Rutgers, and USC hardcore.

Revis, Palko, Buches or Session are the only guys I could think of.

We've scouted Steve Smith, L. Jack and Isaiah Stanback pretty hardcore

Rutgers.. I heard Leonard, Foster, and Beckford.

BC: I Heard Marten.

Comment

I think Steve Smith would really help us out. I like Tyler Palko a lot, I'd like to see the Saints get him, but he'd be a great backup for Big Ben as well. He has that mentality and toughness that Cowher looks for.

I wonder how much their considering Brian Leonard. He's a do-it-all, big back.

I think the Steelers are going to go BPA in the first round at these positions: OL, LB, DE, RB. Cowher isn't known for taking first round CB's.

I think we should get our second win in a row this weekend against the Browns.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule
                              I think Steve Smith would really help us out. I like Tyler Palko a lot, I'd like to see the Saints get him, but he'd be a great backup for Big Ben as well. He has that mentality and toughness that Cowher looks for.

I wonder how much their considering Brian Leonard. He's a do-it-all, big back.

I think the Steelers are going to go BPA in the first round at these positions: OL, LB, DE, RB. Cowher isn't known for taking first round CB's.

I think we should get our second win in a row this weekend against the Browns.
                              He did draft Deon Figures and Chad Scott.

Comment

This makes me ill the possiblilty that we could actually lose to the Browns. This is Braylon Edward's take on the whole thing.

`We're coming after their ass,''

``This is not a situation where they say the past is the past,''

``No. The hell with that. We're coming after their (butt). You don't beat somebody 41-0 at their own house.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                                Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information