Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pittbc7
    Weddle would be a nice day one pick. He fills alot of needs and can play either safety or cb in the shaky secondary. His pr value is also very nice considering no one on the team now has shown they can fill the void Randle El left in the return game.
    Kind of early to take another Safety/KR/PR person considering we haven't even given smith a shot or seen what willie reid can do.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Weddle can play CB as well which is what I would project him to play on the Steelers. The secondary has been a pretty big weakness and Ike Taylor's play has disappointed since he signed that contract. Coclough's inury was pretty serious the last time I heard about it too. Why hasn't Reid played anyways? Its not like they have some stud return guy on the team already. Hopefully he can play at some point this season and flash some potential.

Comment

Reid is injured and has been since week 5.

As for drafting an early round corner, we won't. Ike just got a huge deal so they arn't going to give up on him yet. McFadden hasn't looked that bad this year and he will likely be our future at CB. Townsend and Ricardo will both be back next year.

I think we need to add a 4th rounder to that group to fill in for any injuries.

and KR isn't much of a need if they sign Najeh back. He has doen a hell of a job.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

I want to get either Long or Woodley in the first and David Harris in the 2nd. In the 3rd we take whatever position we didn't get in the 1st round.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
            Reid is injured and has been since week 5.

As for drafting an early round corner, we won't. Ike just got a huge deal so they arn't going to give up on him yet. McFadden hasn't looked that bad this year and he will likely be our future at CB. Townsend and Ricardo will both be back next year.

I think we need to add a 4th rounder to that group to fill in for any injuries.

and KR isn't much of a need if they sign Najeh back. He has doen a hell of a job.
            Someone somewhere else pointed this out....

2006 -- Just signed Hines Ward with $10M bonus and C. Wilson with a $2M bonus. Drafted Santonio Holmes.

2007 -- Just signed Taylor with $6.5M bonus and Townsend with $2M bonus. Draft Darelle Revis!

Comment

Only differnce there is that Ike and McFadden are our future at CB while Ward is getting old and Wilson just sucks.

Comment

Only differnce there is that Ike and McFadden are our future at CB while Ward is getting old and Wilson just sucks.
                Townsend?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
                  Townsend?
                  Whats your point. We drafted Holmes because we didn't have our WR of the future. AT CB we have McFadden and Taylor. No need for Revis.

Signing Townsend back was just insurance for McFadden. Him being signed back has nothing to do with who we are drafting. If anything him being signed back makes it less likely we'll draft another corner because they agve him a 4 year deal.

I just don't think we need to spend a pick on a guy who will come in and play dimeback for us and be a career nickleback. We already have that with Ricardo.

Comment

At least Wilson will catch the ball and hang on to it. Holmes is a worthless piece of crap. I like Washington at the number 2 wide and wilson as 3. Holmes has potential but he can't hang onto a ball. Our corners will be fine, I think the linebackers are just not getting the same pressure as lat year and that is making a difference in our coverage.

Comment

• Holmes has been a very good reciever for us. The only time he has fumbled was on special teams, never as a reciever. He doesn't have very many drops either.

Just wanted tp point out that he has more catches and less drops than Wilson even though he is lining up as the #4 and Wilson the #2.

Comment

• I'm not a huge fan of either. I guess I just am really sore on Holmes off season antics and his fumbles. Like I said, I really like Washington and would like to see him as the number 2 guy. I like how he gets open and his jumping ability and his catching ability is so much better than what we had in Burress. I really think he is gonna be a good WR for us. We just need to use him more.

Comment

• If anyone should be our #2 reciever is should be Holmes. He is 2nd on the team in receptions with less drops and less times being thrown at than Wilson and Washington.

Holmes is our future at reciever and he needs to be the starter now with how good he played last week. Plus I think The Ravens secondary will have alot of problems with his speed.

Washington is in no way better than Burress was.

Comment

• Originally posted by snortie
                            I'm not a huge fan of either. I guess I just am really sore on Holmes off season antics and his fumbles. Like I said, I really like Washington and would like to see him as the number 2 guy. I like how he gets open and his jumping ability and his catching ability is so much better than what we had in Burress. I really think he is gonna be a good WR for us. We just need to use him more.
                            I cannot believe any human who has seen a football game would ever say Nate Washington does ANYTHING better than Plaxico Burress. I have read some bad claims on this board before but that might indeed be the most rediculous one yet. There is no reason Holmes shouldn't be a starter and no reason Washington should be any better than a no. 4.
                            Superbowl XL Champions

Superbowl XLIII Champions

Comment

• Do you actually watch Washington? The guy comes up with some great catches. Sounds like your one of the Plax lovers. That guy sucked for us and cost us alot of games. Washington hasn't done that. As for Holmes, I'd take Wilson over him anyday right now.

Comment

• Plax did alot of good for the Steelers. You must not remember 2004 when he was Ben's favorite target. Plax had all the talent in the world and his only problem was he didn't give 100% on every play and he still deosn't in NY.

Washington currently leads the Steelers in drops. He doesn't have anywhere near as good of hands as Plax.

Holmes has more catches, more yards and less drops than Washington. There is no way Nate should be the #2 and there is no way he is better than Burress.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information