Chances of Jamal Anderson...being the pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of Jamal Anderson...being the pick

What are the chances of Jamal Anderson...being our pick in the first round? If he is the pick i'll be very excited

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

honestly the more mocks ive been seeing lately have him falling past us... i cant see us passing on him so, i would say a 75% chance

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Should i be excited...I'll be so pissed if we don't get him now....after the Santonio pick last year I don't think my sanity can take it.

But I was looking at stats the other day and I know stats aren't the whole story but Holmes had over 800 yards recieving not too shabby. I was even more pissed that they didn't have the for sight to see the obsurd greatess of this years draft class.

I'd match rather have Bowe then Holmes

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

me too but theres no way they could know that the juniors would all declare -- CJ, Rice, Meachem, Ginn, and that Bowe would have the amazing year that he did

also i dont think they thought last year that they would besitting at pick#15... they were prolly thinkin higher 20's at least, i know i was

at first the holmes pick was a head scratcher for me, but he played well this year, i think he earned his #25 pick of the draft

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
          Should i be excited...I'll be so pissed if we don't get him now....after the Santonio pick last year I don't think my sanity can take it.

But I was looking at stats the other day and I know stats aren't the whole story but Holmes had over 800 yards recieving not too shabby. I was even more pissed that they didn't have the for sight to see the obsurd greatess of this years draft class.

I'd match rather have Bowe then Holmes
          I wouldn't... Holmes is more proven as a WR. We have a Physical #1, we didn't have a big play #2... we got Holmes.. Enough said. I'd be more worried about a #3 with Potential to #1 or #2 in a few years (Hill/Rice) Because frankly, Holmes didn't start until late in the season, and even then he was solid when Ben wasn't being raped. If Holmes was with us in 2005, I don't doubt he would've been better than El and gave us a second receiver with 1,000 Yards.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

What are the chances of Jamal Anderson...being our pick in the first round? If he is the pick i'll be very excited
            Teams to be scared by:

#6 Washington: Their DL is the obvious choice of concern, but I can see them trading down with someone like Buffalo. Washington can pick up Guys like Revis, Branch or Anderson.. I Think Revis and Branch make more sense.. but Dan Snyder isn't exactly one for being intelligent like that

#11 San Francisco: After getting Banta-Cain and Lawson(06 draft) I think Anderson would be a waste in SF. They have 2 young OLB's, and Brandon Moore. I can see them going 3 Directions here.

WR - they need more weapons for Alex Smith.

DE - Jamaal Anderson isn't a 3-4 DE and his weaknesses would be exploited. Alan Branch or Adam Carriker here.

MLB - Brandon Moore shifts inside and will show more ability as he isn't a passrusher. Patrick Willis could be the pick here as they have a weak secondary (Even with Clements, Harris and Lewis), they could drop him in coverage and not let his weakness be exploited (Taking on blockers and stopping the run)

#13 St. Louis: Here's who scares me the most. They need DL Help, WR Help, CB Help and LB Help.

DL: I Think a Run stuffer like Branch/Carriker is more fitting of their needs, They have Little, Adeyanju, and James Hall. They only have Laroi Glover and a young inexperienced Claude Wroten. If they Go DL... I think it's a DT Amobi Okoye, Adam Carriker, Alan Branch.

WR: They signed Bennett, but he's nothing special frankly. Isaac Bruce is due to retire or collect Social Security at any time and Tory Holt can only play so many more seasons at his level. Ted Ginn, once taught to be a WR would be a monster for the domed Turf team.

CB: Here's where I think they go. They have Tye Hill, and Fakhir brown. They signed Mike Rumph, but even before Washington Let him go they were eyeing up CB's. I think getting a Leon Hall here helps them as he's a solid #2.

LB: Chillar isn't anything special, Witherspoon is the only player in the LB core to be excited about, and Coakley is entering his 12th season. Not to mention their only LB signing is 1 year younger than Coakley and only provides depth. Unless Jon Alston steps it up, you could be surprised with a Jon Beason pick here.

Comment

the holmes pick does not bother me, what bothers me is trading up to get him when we did not have to. we lost some picks that could have got us a good player, but as far as holmes goes he is good and he is a WHOLE lot better then wilson and el so we upgrade and that is the goal in the draft.

Matthew 19:26
              Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

as for anderson the only thing that worries me is if he is not a 3-4 DE then does he really have the speed and cover skills to be an OLB and has he ever played OLB and if not and there will be a learning curve anyway then i would rather have Timmons because that is the only cut on him is that he is raw, so if they both take a couple of years to learn then get a true OLB. i think anderson's height will hurt him trying to rush the QB from the OLB position because the OL in the NFL is a lot quicker and stronger so they can get under him and stand him up and they are quick enough to keep him from going around them. the advantage to anderson and his height is a lot of balls knocked down and he can also play DE if we go to the 4-3 and a pure LB might be wasted becasue we will have enough LB'ers if we go to the 4-3(but IMO you can never have enough good players).

Matthew 19:26
                Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

Anderson could potentially go as high as five and as low as 21. Hed be a great pick and i argue that a 6'5 288 pounds he could play 3-4 end even though hes more suited to the 4-3.

Comment

3 - 4 end or OLB?

cuz frankly i could potentially see him playing both

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                      Teams to be scared by:

#6 Washington: Their DL is the obvious choice of concern, but I can see them trading down with someone like Buffalo. Washington can pick up Guys like Revis, Branch or Anderson.. I Think Revis and Branch make more sense.. but Dan Snyder isn't exactly one for being intelligent like that

#11 San Francisco: After getting Banta-Cain and Lawson(06 draft) I think Anderson would be a waste in SF. They have 2 young OLB's, and Brandon Moore. I can see them going 3 Directions here.

WR - they need more weapons for Alex Smith.

DE - Jamaal Anderson isn't a 3-4 DE and his weaknesses would be exploited. Alan Branch or Adam Carriker here.

MLB - Brandon Moore shifts inside and will show more ability as he isn't a passrusher. Patrick Willis could be the pick here as they have a weak secondary (Even with Clements, Harris and Lewis), they could drop him in coverage and not let his weakness be exploited (Taking on blockers and stopping the run)

#13 St. Louis: Here's who scares me the most. They need DL Help, WR Help, CB Help and LB Help.

DL: I Think a Run stuffer like Branch/Carriker is more fitting of their needs, They have Little, Adeyanju, and James Hall. They only have Laroi Glover and a young inexperienced Claude Wroten. If they Go DL... I think it's a DT Amobi Okoye, Adam Carriker, Alan Branch.

WR: They signed Bennett, but he's nothing special frankly. Isaac Bruce is due to retire or collect Social Security at any time and Tory Holt can only play so many more seasons at his level. Ted Ginn, once taught to be a WR would be a monster for the domed Turf team.

CB: Here's where I think they go. They have Tye Hill, and Fakhir brown. They signed Mike Rumph, but even before Washington Let him go they were eyeing up CB's. I think getting a Leon Hall here helps them as he's a solid #2.

LB: Chillar isn't anything special, Witherspoon is the only player in the LB core to be excited about, and Coakley is entering his 12th season. Not to mention their only LB signing is 1 year younger than Coakley and only provides depth. Unless Jon Alston steps it up, you could be surprised with a Jon Beason pick here.
                      I think Washington will grab Landry

I think the 49ers would take Branch, Carriker or Willis before Anderson

St Louis is a strong possiblity

Mike Tirico

Comment

I think Washington will grab Landry

I think the 49ers would take Branch, Carriker or Willis before Anderson

St Louis is a strong possiblity
                        I can't see Washington taking a S... CB, DL are their issues and they only have 1 day 1 Pick. Landry could be the pick don't get me wrong.. But frankly... I see them going elsewhere.

Comment

well the skins have smoot, springs, and rogers all to play CB... kind of a lot invested to go CB round 1 (esp. at 6)

DL is a strong possibility, other than that i see S being up there as well

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                            well the skins have smoot, springs, and rogers all to play CB... kind of a lot invested to go CB round 1 (esp. at 6)

DL is a strong possibility, other than that i see S being up there as well
                            Possible, but Smoot looked like a 3rd stringer in a cover 2 (Designed to have only marginal CB Talent...), Springs is old and becoming injury prone...

Rogers is all they have to rely on really.

Comment

you gotta admit sean taylor and laron landry would be a hell ofa safety duo

prolly best in the nfl to the polomalu/smith combo we have ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information