Mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock

Im bored saw this trade idea else where and just went with it too many picks

Steelers receive 2 compensatory selections Rd 4 #132 & Rd 5 #170
    Trade Rd 1 #15 to Falcons for Rd 2 #39, Rd 2 #44, & Rd 4 #109

Rd 2 # 39 Justin Blalock OG Texas
    Rd 2 #44 Sidney Rice WR S. Carolina
    Rd 2 #46 Tim Crowder OLB Texas
    Rd 3 #77 James Marten OT BC
    Rd 4 #109 Anthony Waters ILB Clemson
    Rd 4 #119 Fred Bennett CB S. Carolina
    Rd 4 #132 Antwan Barnes OLB FIU
    Rd 5 #156 Jackie Battle RB Houston
    Rd 5 #170 Daren Stone SS Maine
    Rd 6 #192 Jeff Rowe QB Nevada
    Rd 7 #227 Joe Anoai DE GTech

if grubbs was there,then get him

Comment

i love Waters and Rice, i just don't think we will go WR early to be a 3rd string.

Matthew 19:26
      Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
        if grubbs was there,then get him
        I agree but grubbs wont be there at Rd 2 #39

Comment

Originally posted by steel man View Post
          i love Waters and Rice, i just don't think we will go WR early to be a 3rd string.
          I think we're probably taking Steve Smith/Jason Hill in round 2-3 (Possibly Jarrett , Rice, Davis as well).

I really think they're looking to take out Cedrick Wilson.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

i like that possible trade scenario, though id rather have a corner there at #39 like mccaugley or possibly brian leonard... maybe even alama francis...

i just am now a huge fan of any early guards this year, aside from possibly grubbs

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

i want brian leonard really bad but i have not heard anything about us looking at him. go ahead a bash me but, IMO if we would draft brian leonard i think he would be the starter in 2-4 years knocking willie back to the change of pace back. the big reason is that brian leonard is almost as fast as willie but he is a lot more powerful.

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

Originally posted by steel man View Post
                i want brian leonard really bad but i have not heard anything about us looking at him. go ahead a bash me but, IMO if we would draft brian leonard i think he would be the starter in 2-4 years knocking willie back to the change of pace back. the big reason is that brian leonard is almost as fast as willie but he is a lot more powerful.
                okay i agree with you that brian leonard could be a great starting RB in the NFL. and he would also be a good 1-2 punch with willie, but are you smoking good hash?? leonard is not almost as fast as willie. he doesn't have the word "fast" in your name for no reason. willie is one of the fastest guys in the NFL when he gets up to full speed. he might not accelerate like bush or LT but when he gets up to his top gear he is faster than LT and probably would be close between him and bush. every game you watch the only way he gets caught from behind is if someone has the ultimate angle on him. i had to defend that. :D

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

what i was trying to say by close is brian leonard for his size and where he is more powerful would not be a big change in the speed cat. because like you said wille has to get up to speed and how often does that happen, but when it does then it is great but if brian leonard is close to being as quick then it would not hurt us

i did not word it right, but what i was trying to say was brian leonard is real fast also. a couple of 1/10 ths is not as big of a deal to me as most going from a 4.3 to 4.5 is not a big deal to me.

Comment

i agree with you but i still don't think we have seen the best of willie parker. he has improved every year and i believe this is going to be his breakout yr. i'm projecting he goes up 200 yds in his total and maybe 2-4 more touchdowns. although i wouldn't be surprised if he rolled up 1700+ yrds and 15-18 TD's. this is of course relying on if we don't lean to heavily on a 2 back system and let the guy come in just to let willie get a breather. not to completely take over for an entire quarter or nothing.

and excluding one or two game willie breaks one atleast once a game. and you are right, it is such a beautiful thing.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

i think the only thing holding willie back was the lack of creative play calling from the whiz and the fact that he had a little fumble problem

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                        i think the only thing holding willie back was the lack of creative play calling from the whiz and the fact that he had a little fumble problem
                        Oh yea, and the lack of Blocking.

I think it was a mess of problems.

1) Playcalling - If we were up, we'd run Willie ragged. If we were down, we'd forget he was there. To put up his # of yards, considering how many games he had under 30 yards was amazing.

2) Blocking - This is 2 pronged. 1 our offensive line played horrendously last year. 2, They're built to block for a slower RB. Willie had to learn to have tremendous patience because it would take a while for plays to develop.

3) Blocking - the other side(A piece of 2-2 above). Willie is too damn fast. Dan Kreider blocking for him was an issue because Kreider would barely get through the hole and Willie was tramping on him. Now that we're going to a more spread offense, I think that'll help alot.

4) Score - We abandoned the run to fast. We used our "Steelers" gameplan at home, but as soon as we were down 1 point. We just chucked the ball 800 times.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

i agree with what all of you are saying. i agree willie is getting stronger and keeping his speed. kreider is a great blocker, but you are right he is great for the bus a slower type back. that is where leonard would be perfect he is fast enough and strong enough that he would help willie a lot and he could run the ball too.

Comment

perfect backfield:

Willie - RB with Leonard - FB blocking for him
                            and
                            Davinport,Leonard, and the power back that we draft - RB with Kreider blocking for them.

Comment

that way everyone stays fresh and everyone matches up better.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information