No announcement yet.

What Do I think with 1 Wk to go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think that it can't get here fast enough but that i wish it were two weeks ago because i am not going to get to watch it or even have a constant update of it because i will be moving the whole weekend. :( :( :( :(

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
      i think that it can't get here fast enough but that i wish it were two weeks ago because i am not going to get to watch it or even have a constant update of it because i will be moving the whole weekend. :( :( :( :(
      Get Aim on your mobile and give someone here you s/n. Then everytime Pitt Picks, they'll send you the message, and it'll go right to your cell phone.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
        Get Aim on your mobile and give someone here you s/n. Then everytime Pitt Picks, they'll send you the message, and it'll go right to your cell phone.
        is that an offer to do it?? and if not, is anybody else willing to remember poor little ttowel on draft day??

Comment

I love Arline, he's a great cover corner, but I'll explain why I picked Wilson.

1) Arline is a rd 4 prospect.. Great speed and coverage.

2) Wilson reminds me of a Young DeShea. Just better size. 6'1 195 lbs.

3) Wilson is a good blitzer, great against the run and his strength is working in a zone defense. Tell me how that doesn't scream steeler? ;)

yes while that does scream steeler i think i would rather have the coverage guy than a zone guy. i want a guy who can go one on one with a reciever and shut him down. u know wat i mean

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
            yes while that does scream steeler i think i would rather have the coverage guy than a zone guy. i want a guy who can go one on one with a reciever and shut him down. u know wat i mean
            i know what you mean. but if tomlin as his way in the next 3-4 yrs we should be playing tampa 2 or atleast some sort and that needs corners that excel in zone. and that might just be the time when he is ready and raring to go.

Comment

i know what you mean. but if tomlin as his way in the next 3-4 yrs we should be playing tampa 2 or atleast some sort and that needs corners that excel in zone. and that might just be the time when he is ready and raring to go.

yes i understand that but scotts report or arline that he can play both man and Zone well
              so i think that arline will be the better pick

Comment

is that an offer to do it?? and if not, is anybody else willing to remember poor little ttowel on draft day??
                Yes. I will do that for you, send me your screen name, and I'll find the Aim to Text message service, you just sign up and it's all good.

Wouldn't we all, I'd love Revis in round 7 but he won't. I wanted to take a CB in the 7th. I look at him as a gunner. He has the size to be a monster. He could take Iwuoma's spot because Iwuoma has no upside to corner. As you said in your posts, I would like Arline or Revis or any guy, but since they won't be available in round 7, I can't help it, I take the best for us in round 7. I'm not going to take a CB earlier than Rd 6/7 because I'm not satisfied we need one.

Comment

if no one else can IM you ill be able to, just send me ur s/n or whatever and ill hit u up

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Yes. I will do that for you, send me your screen name, and I'll find the Aim to Text message service, you just sign up and it's all good.

Wouldn't we all, I'd love Revis in round 7 but he won't. I wanted to take a CB in the 7th. I look at him as a gunner. He has the size to be a monster. He could take Iwuoma's spot because Iwuoma has no upside to corner. As you said in your posts, I would like Arline or Revis or any guy, but since they won't be available in round 7, I can't help it, I take the best for us in round 7. I'm not going to take a CB earlier than Rd 6/7 because I'm not satisfied we need one.

well yes we dotn need one NOW but later we do
                    deshea is gettin older and losin a step
                    colclough is a question mark
                    madison
                    jovan johnson
                    iwuoma
                    they all can be replaced
                    so that leaves us with 2 corners possibly in the next two years
                    while i think bmac and ike r a great tandem wat if one goes down
                    i sure wouldnt feel comfortble with colclough or madison back there startin agaisnt number ones or twos
                    while we dont need one the first round
                    but maybe round two or three if a top one falls to us
                    hell maybe even fourth round

Comment

you also cant tell me that u wouldnt take aaron ross or mccauley if he fell to us in the second
                      i would

it woudl bring competition
                      thats wat they need right now
                      not someone handin them a startin job
                      i want them to earn it

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        well yes we dotn need one NOW but later we do
                        deshea is gettin older and losin a step
                        colclough is a question mark
                        madison
                        jovan johnson
                        iwuoma
                        they all can be replaced
                        so that leaves us with 2 corners possibly in the next two years
                        while i think bmac and ike r a great tandem wat if one goes down
                        i sure wouldnt feel comfortble with colclough or madison back there startin agaisnt number ones or twos
                        while we dont need one the first round
                        but maybe round two or three if a top one falls to us
                        hell maybe even fourth round
                        We have 2 solid starting Corners. We still have DeShea, and I think Coke is turning the corner. Thats 3 solid Young guns, and DeShea... Iwuoma is ST only, Madison showed flashes, but nothing necessarily and Jovon Johnson I don't think made even the PS last year.

From what I hear, Tomlin has Ike playing All-Pro Caliber, Bryant has shored up his game. And Colclough is looking really good thus far.

But Honestly, Name 1 position that we wouldn't be screwed if one of our starters went down.

At best you might be able to say Safety and QB... because Clark and Carter played damn good last year, and Batch, although he's not Ben, still is a very dependable QB.

I like bringing in a young corner, But I wouldn't take Marcus McCauley or Aaron Ross round 2. Ross is older and a better KR than in Coverage, because of the lack of time he's had there (Huff, Griffens). I think they're great players. But I put CB in the same Category as QB and Safety. We have 3 young guys... Coke, Ike and Bryant. We have DeShea the vet. I think the deal with it would be ... Lets see what Master Secondary Coach Mike Tomlin can do with these guys and if it's still an issue, next year has a solid core of CB's as well. Because frankly, there isn't a depth issue(Anyone can argue an injury but regardless of the position I'm not going to wast a premium pick on a position thats 4 deep with youth, and 2 vets), and Ike is among the best in the league when he has his head on straight.

I would only Take Revis rd 2, and thats if we absolutely had no other pick that would help in that round.

As for earning the job, they have to. Tomlin is going to put the best guys out there. Ike isn't being handed anything. Same with Bryant and Coke. the best 2-3 will be on the field. It's not like we need a special Nickel/Dime back because Carter handle's those responsibilities.

There's enough Corners on the roster to make it competitive, if Not, DeShea wouldn't have won the starting job the last 2 years when he should have been 3rd string.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information