Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keisel loves new role in defense

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07135/786033-66.stm

Interesting read. Looks like we gotalot of guys that can do it all with Keisel, Polamalu and hopefully Woodley aswell.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

yeah i really like the way our defense is sounding right now

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

I'm not totally sold on keisel in this role but I assume Lebeau, knows much more than me.

I think his speed may be a factor

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
      Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

who ever called this about Keisel being a OLB was correct or at least partiacally correct. Rover idea is amazing i hope the add it to madden,

Front 7 had a key guy to work around like the whole D had Troy to work around as their k peice

Comment

stiller called it, they were tlaking about it on some insider steeler sites earlier this year

i saw the headlines, just couldnt read the articles

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
            stiller called it, they were tlaking about it on some insider steeler sites earlier this year

i saw the headlines, just couldnt read the articles
            Keisel will be getting some OLB Time. Which isn't bad considering, he's still more athletically gifted and pound for pound one of the fastest per weight on the team (4.97 40 at 285).

I think LeBeau is going to be dreaming when it comes to what he can do with these guys... a free flowing defense.

Woodley will be the guy switching us to and from a 3-4 or 4-3 defense.

Timmons will be used the way that we use Polamalu. Someone stated it's the "Amoeba" Defense. A free flowing, constantly reforming, no set shape defense.

I didn't like the term Amoeba because it's spineless, but without a spine it can break, but Timmons, Woodley, Keisel and Polamalu are going to break people.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

how about Lava Lamp Defense?? the Double L defense. and i love that LeBeau is thinking of new stuff finally. i think that might be a reason we weren't getting any pressure is because it was the same D plays over and over. not sure though.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                how about Lava Lamp Defense?? the Double L defense. and i love that LeBeau is thinking of new stuff finally. i think that might be a reason we weren't getting any pressure is because it was the same D plays over and over. not sure though.
                true but i dont think cowher was giving him the green light to try new things with keisel

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                  Cowher was a strict guy... surprisingly strict over "His" Defense

Comment

Thats one of the reasons I am excited for all this change that's going on. People think we are going to suck just because things are different, but really its going to allow us to try some new things and move in different directions. Change can be a good thing every now and then.

And to whomever added the madden comment earlier, I wholeheartedly agree, but I doubt we see something as cool as this defense sounds. Hell, they cant even get the 3-4 to work correctly. Casey Hampton needs to be double teamed damn it!

Comment

Originally posted by skarocksoi View Post
                      Thats one of the reasons I am excited for all this change that's going on. People think we are going to suck just because things are different, but really its going to allow us to try some new things and move in different directions. Change can be a good thing every now and then.

And to whomever added the madden comment earlier, I wholeheartedly agree, but I doubt we see something as cool as this defense sounds. Hell, they cant even get the 3-4 to work correctly. Casey Hampton needs to be double teamed damn it!
                      LOL I dare someone in the NFL to not try and double team Casey.. Man-To-Manning him is suicide.

Comment

If that was the case, you might as well replace your quarterback with a delicious turkey dinner, cause Casey Hampton is gonna feast.

Comment

I've seen the same thing happen every year. Lebeau comes up with some killer schemes, like some of those lopsided blitzes from 05, and causes total havoc. then after a few games teams make adjustments, and they are no longer effective. I'd like to know if it was him or Cowher calling the shots because that seemed to be a Steelers weakness for a long time. I think many of our losses to New England were because they were able to out adjust us. this Kreider experiment seems like a good idea; utilize his talents, remember how disruptive he was on special teams?

Comment

keisel kreider, they both look like big burly irishmen....sorta. so its understandable.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Well this sounds like more than just a few new blitzing schemes, this is a whole new approach to the defense. Plus, its hard to adjust to a defense that its constantly adjusting on its own. It's proactive adaptation.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information