Shawn Merriman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
    It amazes me that this cheater was aloud to play in the pro bowl after a 4 game steroid suspension.

To bad Wimbley didnt take illegal drugs, maybe he would have had 17 sacks as a rookie.
    Allowed, not aloud. But it's a valid point. You shouldn't be able to play in the Pro Bowl unless you're clean. It is not too bad Wimbley didn't take drugs. I like Wimbley, I don't want his name tarnished by something like that for a couple of extra sacks.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
      It amazes me that this cheater was aloud to play in the pro bowl after a 4 game steroid suspension.

To bad Wimbley didnt take illegal drugs, maybe he would have had 17 sacks as a rookie.
      You know Merriman isn't the only big name to have failed a substance test...see Julius Peppers.

And I wasn't even debating that if he did take the steroids it helped his performance, but there's no need to come trolling in a Chargers forum (robertinbigd), in a thread thats been dead for a couple days, and give a cheap one line shot at Merriman...what possible thing can that add to the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
        You know Merriman isn't the only big name to have failed a substance test...see Julius Peppers.

And I wasn't even debating that if he did take the steroids it helped his performance, but there's no need to come trolling in a Chargers forum (robertinbigd), in a thread thats been dead for a couple days, and give a cheap one line shot at Merriman...what possible thing can that add to the conversation.
        peppers failed a test?

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Average OT LB View Post
          peppers failed a test?
          Early in his career....
          http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...54C0A9659C8B63

its just one of the first links i could find...
          the point is, his was taken for what he said it was, "an accident" which it very well could have been. but people are so critical of Merriman, some even saying Peppers is such a better player because he's clean, which, although ephedra is not steroids, its a banned supplement nonetheless. That's ccheating too.

Comment

If there was ever a time for him to bring back the dance....

Anything to put some life into the team...Could it spark more intensity on defense?

Comment

If there was ever a time for him to bring back the dance....

Anything to put some life into the team...Could it spark more intensity on defense?
              Maybe it's what propelled LT to his godly season....

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                Maybe it's what propelled LT to his godly season....
                Just sayin, seems to me like its something that could spark some life into the defense...it can't make them be any more dead then they already are playing..

He's a leader on this team, and he's got a responsibility to do whatever is in his power to get this team ready to play. He's the only one I've seen show any life this season so far when it really mattered...

Comment

Just sayin, seems to me like its something that could spark some life into the defense...it can't make them be any more dead then they already are playing..

He's a leader on this team, and he's got a responsibility to do whatever is in his power to get this team ready to play. He's the only one I've seen show any life this season so far when it really mattered...
                  yeah but what can a simple dance do? its nothing really, i doubt it can spark anything into the players of today..

sig by bosanac01

Comment

yeah but what can a simple dance do? its nothing really, i doubt it can spark anything into the players of today..
                    It'll at least do something to spark some intensity on the defense...it's a chain effect, you see one player getting fired up, playing hard, you step it up for that guy.

What's the worst that happens, does the defense play worse? I doubt it.

Comment

It'll at least do something to spark some intensity on the defense...it's a chain effect, you see one player getting fired up, playing hard, you step it up for that guy.

What's the worst that happens, does the defense play worse? I doubt it.
                      maybe shawne realizes that all his teammates are multimillionares and they dont get sparked very often.. and that he doesnt want to do thedance for the same reasons he stopped..

sig by bosanac01

Comment

maybe shawne realizes that all his teammates are multimillionares and they dont get sparked very often.. and that he doesnt want to do thedance for the same reasons he stopped..
                        Eh. What's the worst that happens? The media/fans critcize him....because its not like that hasn't happened to us this season...you're a little cyncial here, I mean you call for Norv to motivate this team, but now you're saying they can't be motivated....

Comment

Eh. What's the worst that happens? The media/fans critcize him....because its not like that hasn't happened to us this season...you're a little cyncial here, I mean you call for Norv to motivate this team, but now you're saying they can't be motivated....
                          merriman stopped for a reason, what your challenging is his option to stop. I cannot give you the answer you want, because im not shawne merriman, i dont know it.

and btw, i didnt call for norv to motivate the tema.. i called for motivation.. and i said norv couldnt do it..

sig by bosanac01

Comment

merriman stopped for a reason, what your challenging is his option to stop. I cannot give you the answer you want, because im not shawne merriman, i dont know it.
                            What? What answer did I ask for. I speculated that if there was ever a time to bring his dance back now would be it. Do you have to be Shawne Merriman do speculate that? I know he stopped for a reason, am I challenging his decision to stop? I speculated it might motivate the team. Is that so absurd?

and btw, i didnt call for norv to motivate the tema.. i called for motivation.. and i said norv couldnt do it..
                            So you want motivation. And you say Norv can't do it. But you're not calling for Norv to motivate? I am so lost in your logic there. Why can't Norv be the one to motivate? Why can't Merriman be able to motivate his teammates? Are they all impossible to motivate? I am so lost here in what you want.

Comment

What? What answer did I ask for. I speculated that if there was ever a time to bring his dance back now would be it. Do you have to be Shawne Merriman do speculate that? I know he stopped for a reason, am I challenging his decision to stop? I speculated it might motivate the team. Is that so absurd?

So you want motivation. And you say Norv can't do it. But you're not calling for Norv to motivate? I am so lost in your logic there. Why can't Norv be the one to motivate? Why can't Merriman be able to motivate his teammates? Are they all impossible to motivate? I am so lost here in what you want.

um.. well from our conversation in the past i know you to be a very easily confused person so i apologize for making it too hard to understand..

i said that what merriman does cant motivate the players .. basically because its not high school anymore players dont get riled up like that, they're all millionares... plus you know norv doesnt motivate why even ask me that.. thats just prolonging the argument..

sig by bosanac01

Comment

um.. well from our conversation in the past i know you to be a very easily confused person so i apologize for making it too hard to understand..
                                i said that what merriman does cant motivate the players .. basically because its not high school anymore players dont get riled up like that, they're all millionares... plus you know norv doesnt motivate why even ask me that.. thats just prolonging the argument..
                                Too far.

First of all, how do you know what Merriman does doesn't motivate the team? Are you in the locker room, on the field, anything like that, to be qualified to make such a statement? Have you sat down and chatted with the team, and they told you that? No you haven't so don't state your opinion as fact.

I know Norv doesn't motivate. Which is why I don't understand why you're so opposed to someone else trying to do it. It's kind of an idiotic statement to make on your part. On one hand you complain that the players can't be motivated because theyr'e millionares (you also neglect the fact that other teams are filled wtih millionaires, who play motivated, which is a huge flaw i your argument), but then with the other you'll complain a Coach is a bad choice because he can't motivate. What does it matter how good of a motivator he is, if the players can't be motivated? Your point is ridiculous, of course they can be motivated, and how do you know what does it?

Oh you mean you don't? Then does it hurt to try something that has motivated the team in the past? I didn't think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information