Pre-season Game 1 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Average OT LB View Post
    if your first paragraph is as easy as you made it sound there wouldnt be the diversity that there is in this league..

but it is a preseason and thats our saving grace really becaue i dont think this communication problem is a lack of playng together.. i think its just a coach who does have a great attention to detail, especially on the defensive side of the all
    Yeah...

so I'm gonna wait for other people to chime in, otherwise I'm going to run out of things to discuss haha.

Comment

Do you guys think that Darren Sproles will get a roster spot? I ultimately think Craig Davis will take over as our punt returner and Turner as our kick returner. I think Andrew Pinnock could work as a 3rd running back just fine.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
      RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

Originally posted by sdpads24 View Post
        Do you guys think that Darren Sproles will get a roster spot? I ultimately think Craig Davis will take over as our punt returner and Turner as our kick returner. I think Andrew Pinnock could work as a 3rd running back just fine.
        To be honest I really just hate Andrew Pinnock, I don't like the way he runs, I don't think he can be effective. I think with what Sproles showed, if he can maintain that through the preseason, he has a roster spot locked up. We will need a replacement for Turner next year, and although Sproles doesn't have Turner's size or bruising ability, he is elusive and has a good center of balance, that helps him stay up through tackles.

Craig Davis may take over punts, and Turner will be a kick returner, but they may prefer to have Sproles on kick returns as well instead of Davis, if he becomes the #2 receiver. I've always been a Sproles fan so I'm kind of biased, but I think he serves the team better then Pinnock does.

Comment

http://chargers.com/news/headlines/t...likes-team.htm

Turner's talking about the first game...basically hashed out what we did, the receivers have to play more consistently and it starts with practice, same with miscommunication and lack of preparedness on the O-Line.

He says the penalties and such will be worked out in practice and we can expect a much better, smoother performance against St. Louis. I sure hope we can.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
            To be honest I really just hate Andrew Pinnock, I don't like the way he runs, I don't think he can be effective. I think with what Sproles showed, if he can maintain that through the preseason, he has a roster spot locked up. We will need a replacement for Turner next year, and although Sproles doesn't have Turner's size or bruising ability, he is elusive and has a good center of balance, that helps him stay up through tackles.

Craig Davis may take over punts, and Turner will be a kick returner, but they may prefer to have Sproles on kick returns as well instead of Davis, if he becomes the #2 receiver. I've always been a Sproles fan so I'm kind of biased, but I think he serves the team better then Pinnock does.
            I agree with you that pinnock is not a good player. Your self proclaimed bias doesnt lead you to a sill resolution for the KR, sproles i feel should be both the PR and KR. Simply put, i feel that he isnt capable of being a servicable rb because of his size, but i feel his weaknesses become strengths in special teams.. also he is expendable whereas turner and davis are a tad more valubale especially if we decide to keep turner.. (which i doubt)

but i think pinnock will make the team too becasue there is no back up for neal, but that doesnt really mean much..

sig by bosanac01

Comment

I agree with you that pinnock is not a good player. Your self proclaimed bias doesnt lead you to a sill resolution for the KR, sproles i feel should be both the PR and KR. Simply put, i feel that he isnt capable of being a servicable rb because of his size, but i feel his weaknesses become strengths in special teams.. also he is expendable whereas turner and davis are a tad more valubale especially if we decide to keep turner.. (which i doubt)

but i think pinnock will make the team too becasue there is no back up for neal, but that doesnt really mean much..
              The bolded I really agree with, that's what I feel as well....

As for Sproles playing RB, he'll probably never be a Michael Turner, but he could take a couple of draws on third downs, or screen passes, and lighten the load on LT, and on plays like those, as good as LT is, if he's tired, Sproles may be much more explosive on them.

Comment

The bolded I really agree with, that's what I feel as well....

As for Sproles playing RB, he'll probably never be a Michael Turner, but he could take a couple of draws on third downs, or screen passes, and lighten the load on LT, and on plays like those, as good as LT is, if he's tired, Sproles may be much more explosive on them.
                seeing the preseason game he showed ttthats possiblity but i wonder if he can do it vs starters?

you remember quentin griffen on the broncos right? i feel they're similiar

sig by bosanac01

Comment

I hope your right regarding Sproles. I've always liked him. He has always been an exciting player to watch his whole career including college. Im just not sure if there's a roster spot out there for him if Norv Turner thinks Pinnock can be a solid 3rd Rb.

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

seeing the preseason game he showed ttthats possiblity but i wonder if he can do it vs starters?

you remember quentin griffen on the broncos right? i feel they're similiar
                    Yeah, they could be, who knows. But Sproles did do some of it agianst a first team, early on. Then again, its preseason so who really knows what to think.

Comment

I hope your right regarding Sproles. I've always liked him. He has always been an exciting player to watch his whole career including college. Im just not sure if there's a roster spot out there for him if Norv Turner thinks Pinnock can be a solid 3rd Rb.
                      i understand the concern especially considering the new depth at positions especially in the defense...

i guess that means oliver wont make the team and we will go with 4 wr... remember we have what.. 3 tes or somethign? crazy depth

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Well if we keep LT, Turner, Sproles, Pinnock, and Neal its 5 RB's. It's been done before, I could see us doing it this year, but we may have to cut back somewhere else so who knows. To be honest I'm not ready right now to hash out a roster, and who I think should be cut, I just like Sproles and like what he showed, as meaningless as it may have been. It'll clear up some more as the preseason comes to a close (obviously).

Comment

i understand the concern especially considering the new depth at positions especially in the defense...

i guess that means oliver wont make the team and we will go with 4 wr... remember we have what.. 3 tes or somethign? crazy depth
                          See this is what I'm kinda worried about now. Oliver has to make the team, if he doesn't we just threw away a fourth rounder, without really giving much of a chance to see what happens. If we only keep 4 WR, that means that Osgood has to be cut, and he's been such an impact guy on special teams, as was Camarillo though him going isn't as big a deal. It means we have VJ, Davis, Floyd, and Parker, and thats it. God this is going to suck when we have to make cuts....maybe after next game I'll take a look at the roster, and try and see who I would cut, and how it ends up for Sproles.

Comment

See this is what I'm kinda worried about now. Oliver has to make the team, if he doesn't we just threw away a fourth rounder, without really giving much of a chance to see what happens. If we only keep 4 WR, that means that Osgood has to be cut, and he's been such an impact guy on special teams, as was Camarillo though him going isn't as big a deal. It means we have VJ, Davis, Floyd, and Parker, and thats it. God this is going to suck when we have to make cuts....maybe after next game I'll take a look at the roster, and try and see who I would cut, and how it ends up for Sproles.

sproles is no doubt on the bubble.. i cant help but to think it would be a hassle to make room for him and he has to really go crazy these next few games to make the team...

sig by bosanac01

Comment

sproles is no doubt on the bubble.. i cant help but to think it would be a hassle to make room for him and he has to really go crazy these next few games to make the team...
                              Yeah, I didn't realize it as much until now either....then again it could be Pinnock who gets cut instead, although that means no one to put behind Lo Neal...

Comment

You also can't forget about Legudu Naane. I thought he played pretty well on sunday.

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information