Pre Season Game Two: Chargers vs. Rams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Season Game Two: Chargers vs. Rams

Alright, tonight we're playing St. Louis, game two, and I'm sure there's a lot of things everyone wants to see fixed...

1. Discipline.Coaching- How do the players react to last week, in terms of penalties, fumbles, sacks, etc.? Do the coaches mix up the blitz more on defense, and how is Norv being predictable on offense?
    2. Receivers- Which receivers step up this week? Last week Floyd was the only one who really stood out, VJ's play this week could be important.
    3. Linebackers- Who steps up to be the starters, how do they flow to the ball, how are they in their reads, etc.?
    4. O-Line- Did they fix the miscommunication issues, and are they picking up the blitz better?
    5. Secondary- Now that they are playing against better competition, with the Rams passing attack, how do they respond? Who starts at safety? And how do the corners, specifically Cromartie, Oliver, and Gordon play?

I'll probably try to do a summary after the game of what I thought at least, on how we responded to those, but what do you guys think are any other big things to see this game?

We need to keep an eye on Tyrone Gross. I read somewhere that he's being looked at as maybe the predecessor to michael turner. I think the plan is that he'll get the majority of playing time at rb in the second half.

EDIT: Gross suffered some kind of knee injury so it is doubtful that he will play the rest of the year. He probably wouldn't of made the team this year, but it always hurts when a guy goes down like that.
    Last edited by sdpads24; 08-18-2007, 09:48 PM.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
    RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

Originally posted by sdpads24 View Post
      We need to keep an eye on Tyrone Gross. I read somewhere that he's being looked at as maybe the predecessor to michael turner. I think the plan is that he'll get the majority of playing time at rb in the second half.
      That's a good call, Gross looked like a hard runner in the first game at least...hard worker I would imagine as well.

Comment

i dont think itll come on in texas since cowboys are playing too so keep me updated guys :D

Comment

Originally posted by bantx View Post
          i dont think itll come on in texas since cowboys are playing too so keep me updated guys :D
          I gotta tivo the game.... , friend's leavin for college tomorrow, gotta say good bye to him, so I can't help you much there...

I'll leave a write-up though, after I watch it, for what it's worth haha.

Comment

I thought the game was on national telivision. (cbs)

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

I thought the game was on national telivision. (cbs)

it is..

btw imma post a summary of the biggest problem... and itll be shorter than JK17's... and probably wont be positive.. cause im like that.... ..yea...

sig by bosanac01

Comment

That was a really nice int by Hart. He looked like a receiver on that play. He's looking good today, always around the ball.

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

One more thing to be concerned with: why the hell do our wide receivers keep false starting?

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

nope it wasnt on for me =\

Comment

nope it wasnt on for me =\
                      They must've blacked it out in some areas for whatever reason.

7 frickin penalties so far through the 1st half. :('

yay as I'm typing this Sproles goes all the way for a TD. :)

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

They must've blacked it out in some areas for whatever reason.

7 frickin penalties so far through the 1st half. :('

yay as I'm typing this Sproles goes all the way for a TD. :)
                        na cowboys are playing right now on cbs, whats score?

Comment

na cowboys are playing right now on cbs, whats score?
                          14-0

Rivers to Jackson for a TD. Then Sproles returns a punt for a td. It was sweet.

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

nice i wish i could watch it

Comment

First Half

Defensive Backfield
                              Aggressive backfield run defense
                              Clinton Hart extra gear all over the field - easy pick - playing FS (McCree playing SS)
                              _Florence becoming the obvious weakness and being singled out … continues to struggle even in the nickel.. struggling heavily man-to-man,
                              Cromartie took the 2nd cb in 3 DB sets (flo took nickel)
                              _Jammer looking strong
                              _Weddle plays very strong when he knows what he’s doing, but is struggling in zones

Linebackers
                              Dobbins playing downfield.. Upright.. Quick to the ball carrier...good run pursuit.. Can’t shed blocker
                              Phillips looks on top of his game (FF, sack)
                              Cooper identified the run and made a play accordingly- veteran play, Played very good pass defense. Wilheim struggling to cover man-to-man.

Offense
                              Rivers Makes throws which he relies on outstanding WR play
                              Davis looks impressive on near grab - a tall 6'0, team showing a lot of confidence in him.
                              VJ nice TD grab- sign of things to come- 2 silly penalties
                              McNeil looking extremely dominant in run game
                              Floyd Looks shell-shocked... shaky... fell down.. Silly penalty

ETC
                              Sproles trips rivers- can't pass protect. Impressive punt return. Seems to have won over Turner.

_ST. Louis playing into a pattern defense recognizes it

• 7 San Diego Penalties VS 2 St Louis

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information