No announcement yet.

1st Pick of the Draft.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if your smart with a young team I would try and stockpile a pick or 2 and trade down into the early part of the 2nd round like with San Fran or with Miami and pick up another pick on day 2 or late day 1 next year. Reciever has a lot of players that arent worth 1st round unless Dwayne Jarrett is there. Or with all of the RB's you could draft a back up to LT and trade Michael Turner and #30 to a team like Green Bay who might over value him and allow you to move up and pick up another pick on Day 2 then you could pick Robert Meacham or someone like Patrick Willis....

Comment

Originally posted by jivixzoner View Post
      Chargers will pick up Michael Griffen.
      I didn't know it was so easy to predict the 30th pick in the draft. Wow you must be a psychic or something

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think your move is utilizing what you have in young depth... and everyone is coveting it ! easy to find a vet or a young back up to LT... Trade Turner and the #30 to someone looking for a RB and get a top flight WR or Patrick Willis or maybe a LaRon Landry if he falls...

Comment

Moving on up!!

I am hoping that Landry falls past Atlanta at #10, then he should be there at #12 when the Bills pick. AJ picks up the phone and talks with his old buddy Marv Levy....the Bills decide Turner is a better answer than Marshawn Lynch, and BAM we get the best safety in the draft!!!! Our #30 and Turner should be plenty to move up to #12.

We address WR, OLine and ILB/DLine with our other 4 day 1 picks (I expect we will get two 3rd rounders for losing Brees, and the other free agents who left and contributed to other teams like Leber and Reche Caldwell).

2007 is gonna be remembered as the draft when AJ trades up for the first time in his young career as GM to get the safety we need to win a Lombardi!!! In this scenario I also would take Nelson, although that is more of a reach at #12 than Landry.

Comment

Originally posted by bergo23 View Post
            I am hoping that Landry falls past Atlanta at #10, then he should be there at #12 when the Bills pick. AJ picks up the phone and talks with his old buddy Marv Levy....the Bills decide Turner is a better answer than Marshawn Lynch, and BAM we get the best safety in the draft!!!! Our #30 and Turner should be plenty to move up to #12.

We address WR, OLine and ILB/DLine with our other 4 day 1 picks (I expect we will get two 3rd rounders for losing Brees, and the other free agents who left and contributed to other teams like Leber and Reche Caldwell).

2007 is gonna be remembered as the draft when AJ trades up for the first time in his young career as GM to get the safety we need to win a Lombardi!!! In this scenario I also would take Nelson, although that is more of a reach at #12 than Landry.
            I do see a trade up possibly brewing out of AJ, but it would be more likely he tries to get Nelson than Landry, Landry would cost the team way too much to attain, though I wish there was some way we could get him. Also I doubt it would be the 12 pick we target, as that may be a little to early for Nelson, but you never know. As for the comp picks though, I have a feeling it won't be as much as everyone expects. I would expect a 3rd rounder for Brees, and a 6th or so for Caldwell. Leber played well for Minn, but he is cancelled out by the addition of McCree, not to mention there were a good number of other teams worthy of comp picks as well.

Comment

it would be a gift from god if meachem fell to the 30th pick, cant go wrong with a 6"3 4.39 40 guy who put up dirty numbers in college. if he doesnt fall they should look to the griffin cuz i cant trust drafting DJ who could be one of the slower recievers in the draft. The chargers already have a big guy with VJ they need a speedster now.

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                Rather not have Rice. I'd much rather have Jason Hill right now. We need some big play recievers to complement VJ. Hill's a polished reciever, but also a home run hitting deep threat.

As far as Safety, lets see how Griffin and Weddle work out. I've said I really like Weddle personally, but we'll see how they work out. You could throw Meriweather into that group as well.

I'd rather us have Robert Meachem then Sidney Rice. We need someone to stretch the field and Robert Meachem is the fastest after Teddy Ginn, Jr. I don't think that they will draft a MLB b/c I think they re-signed Stephen Cooper and Matt Wilhelm to long term deals. They are confident in their backups due to previous success (Shaun Phillips, Phillip Rivers, Kris Dielman). They are confident in each player, they draft and expect each player to contribute. If they go DEF then it will be S b/c of Terrence Kiel inability to cover the pass and stay out of jail.
                IN AJ WE TRUST.......

Comment

Originally posted by zdh87 View Post
                  I'd rather us have Robert Meachem then Sidney Rice. We need someone to stretch the field and Robert Meachem is the fastest after Teddy Ginn, Jr. I don't think that they will draft a MLB b/c I think they re-signed Stephen Cooper and Matt Wilhelm to long term deals. They are confident in their backups due to previous success (Shaun Phillips, Phillip Rivers, Kris Dielman). They are confident in each player, they draft and expect each player to contribute. If they go DEF then it will be S b/c of Terrence Kiel inability to cover the pass and stay out of jail.

Oh without a doubt. For me, Meachem is my #2 receiver behind Calvin Johnson and I mocked him as high as #11 to the 49ers. Needless to say I would be ecstatic if Meachem fell to the Chargers, but I dont think it will happen. Ginn Jr. could, could fall. His stock seems to be dropping with all these defensive players moving up.
                  aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Won't be as good as last year's #1

It would be interesting if we got Tennessee's #19 again, but he won't be another CRO!!!!

Comment

i still just think we need to stay where we are at and get the best safty there is left.

Comment

Originally posted by bantx View Post
                        i still just think we need to stay where we are at and get the best safty there is left.
                        What if the top four (some combination of Landry/Nelson/Griffin/Merriweather) are all gone though. I know that's not likely but it could happen. Would you want to reach for another safety, take another position, or trade down? Drafting based on need doesn't seem like something I think AJ would do though, rather BPA, so I don't know if being deadset on a safety is a good thing (although it's something I would want depending on the caliber player)

Comment

Its something we need i know we need some work on WR position but imo its the secondary that needs more work. So pick up the next best safty left.

Comment

Originally posted by bantx View Post
                            Its something we need i know we need some work on WR position but imo its the secondary that needs more work. So pick up the next best safty left.
                            I agree on the secondary needing the most work (I trust Mccree but none of our other safeties right now) but in a situation like that, I would like to see a trade down if possible, we could still pick up the same next safety but lower down, and get who knows out of it, but with AJ picking that could turn into a probowler.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information