No announcement yet.

Michael Turner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We wouldnt give up our 2nd round pick for him. We would only give up a third. And I doubt you will be able to trade the guy. Especialyl asking for a 1st when hes never carried the load before.

Your just seriously overrating the guy. He will walk in FA when his 1 year contract is up and you wont get any compensation for him. Maybe a supplemental pick.

Comment

"we have tons of cap room and can afford to resign him"

He wont resign to be a career back-up. He can make starter money on another team. hes alot like lamont Jordan. Both tore it up in limited action.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
        We wouldnt give up our 2nd round pick for him. We would only give up a third. And I doubt you will be able to trade the guy. Especialyl asking for a 1st when hes never carried the load before.

Your just seriously overrating the guy. He will walk in FA when his 1 year contract is up and you wont get any compensation for him. Maybe a supplemental pick.
        Alright I will take your 41 but I need something next year a conditional 3rd if he plays in over 50% of the snaps.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
          "we have tons of cap room and can afford to resign him"

He wont resign to be a career back-up. He can make starter money on another team. hes alot like lamont Jordan. Both tore it up in limited action.
          Turner is faster and a heck of a lot more powerdul than Jordan.

If we end up keeping Turner this year, I would not be surprised to see us franchise him next year. We have the cap room to keep him if we want to but it means that we will still be able to trade him and get some value.

Comment

Nobody will give up a 1st and 3rd for Turner. Turner will stay in SD and hold out or be traded for a lesser price. He knows his worth and how high his stock is right now. He won't want to spend another year backing up LT. He can get a contract similar to what McGahee got, if he goes to another team. The market for a RB is fading fast and there are only a couple teams left with a huge need for a RB. The Giants may be one of those teams. You guys need a Safety, we need a RB. I have a proposition. Michael Turner for Gibril Wilson straight up. Would you do that deal?

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
              Nobody will give up a 1st and 3rd for Turner. Turner will stay in SD and hold out or be traded for a lesser price. He knows his worth and how high his stock is right now. He won't want to spend another year backing up LT. He can get a contract similar to what McGahee got, if he goes to another team. The market for a RB is fading fast and there are only a couple teams left with a huge need for a RB. The Giants may be one of those teams. You guys need a Safety, we need a RB. I have a proposition. Michael Turner for Gibril Wilson straight up. Would you do that deal?
              we know that a 1st and 3rd will be hard to give up. thats why AJ did it. so that we control him. we can always TRADE him for less, but no one will come in and sign him away from us if they have to give up a 1st and 3rd.

we wouldnt want wilson for turner straight up tho. you guys would need to toss in your second rounder at least.

Comment

Originally posted by BoltHype View Post
                we know that a 1st and 3rd will be hard to give up. thats why AJ did it. so that we control him. we can always TRADE him for less, but no one will come in and sign him away from us if they have to give up a 1st and 3rd.

we wouldnt want wilson for turner straight up tho. you guys would need to toss in your second rounder at least.
                Not happening. Look at what Willis McGahee was traded for. A third and a fifth. I would take McGahee over Turner any day of the week. Nobody is giving a 1st and 3rd for Turner. The market is fading fast, and Smith better move him soon. Turner will not want to stay as a backup and will hold out, become a free agent next year, and you guys will get nothing in return for him. Wilson has 2nd round comp. on him, is just as young as Turner, and far more productive at his respective position.

Comment

Would the Chargers be interested in swapping 1st rd picks with the Bills?

Bills send 12th overall and 7th from Balt to SD for 30th overall, RB Turner, and mid rd pick in 08

Comment

Originally posted by clumping platelets View Post

Bills send 12th overall and 7th from Balt to SD for 30th overall, RB Turner, and mid rd pick in 08
                    Thats an interesting possibilty. AJ would have to consider that.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
                    RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

I asked charger fans about this about a week ago except it was a swap with the Giants at pick 20. about 80% of fans said NO to the idea, but it might be a different story will the bills because we would have a shot at Landry or Nelson.

Comment

Originally posted by BoltHype View Post
                        I asked charger fans about this about a week ago except it was a swap with the Giants at pick 20. about 80% of fans said NO to the idea, but it might be a different story will the bills because we would have a shot at Landry or Nelson.
                        at #12, Bolts would be in position to add Ginn as well

Comment

With an outside shot at Landry, too.

Comment

With Ginn not running he might be dropping to us anyways. I like the idea of Landry or Nelson though, and I would definitely do that trade. The fact of the matter is that it's not that hard to find a back up running back and Turner is just going to walk after this season anyways.

Comment

I have heard rumors of the Packers and Chargers swapping picks. Packers get Turner and #30 and the chargers get #16 and another pick or player

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                                I have heard rumors of the Packers and Chargers swapping picks. Packers get Turner and #30 and the chargers get #16 and another pick or player
                                I would be welcomed to that idea being a Packers fan :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information