Eli Manning for Philip Rivers trade....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonWoods33 View Post
    Well that troll comes here with Eli in his sign, and its not hard to see where his bias is. He does that alot, starts crap on other team's boards. He should just stick to bashing the Giants FO, for what little good they had done lately. He also should look on the bright side, they'll get the first pick in the draft next year. What is really a hoot is how you hear New York and Chicago fans as the most knowledgable fans in sports. When actually they are without a doubt the most abject homers you'll ever see.
    hey no need to bring chicago into this...albeit chicago fans are very very bias i agree...but cmon no need to compare us to NY

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
      So how long ago did you "fans" hop on the bandwagon? 05? 06?
      Does this mean you gave up on forming a logical, reasonable, fact oriented argument?

Comment

Please excuse GRF...don't let his words effect your view on the other Giants posters on here please.

As for the topic at hand, its way too early to tell. Rivers had an off 2nd half of the season, and thats understandable, it happens to everyone. Im not gonna comment on this, I think we've beaten it to death. I think its just too early to tell.

Comment

"Fact is the Chargers got three probowlers for an underachieving QB."

I dont remember exact details, what did San Diego get ?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
            "Fact is the Chargers got three probowlers for an underachieving QB."

I dont remember exact details, what did San Diego get ?
            GIANTS GET: 1st Overall Pick (Eli Manning)

CHARGERS GET: Fourth Overall Pick (Philip Rivers)
            Giants Third Round Pick (Nate Kaeding)
            Giants 2005 1st Round Pick (Shawne Merriman)
            Giants 2004(2005?) 5th round pick(Trade for Roman Oben)

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Please excuse GRF...don't let his words effect your view on the other Giants posters on here please.

As for the topic at hand, its way too early to tell. Rivers had an off 2nd half of the season, and thats understandable, it happens to everyone. Im not gonna comment on this, I think we've beaten it to death. I think its just too early to tell.
              Rivers had an off two games. Vs. Oakland, vs. KC. That's about it. The rest of the season was as good as anyone could have asked for. It's halfway amusing to me for people to believe this is some cause for concern.
              aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                Rivers had an off two games. Vs. Oakland, vs. KC. That's about it. The rest of the season was as good as anyone could have asked for. It's halfway amusing to me for people to believe this is some cause for concern.
                The only other game I can see people lumping in there is the Seattle game, but I agree with you. Sometimes people say he had a bad second half, it sounds like he played eight pitiful games when in reality it was more like two or three.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                  The only other game I can see people lumping in there is the Seattle game, but I agree with you. Sometimes people say he had a bad second half, it sounds like he played eight pitiful games when in reality it was more like two or three.

I dont count the Seattle game because there were a ton of drops, even a few from LT. The field was extremely went and windy, and Rivers didn't throw any INT's and had two TD passes including the game winner..
                  aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                    I dont count the Seattle game because there were a ton of drops, even a few from LT. The field was extremely went and windy, and Rivers didn't throw any INT's and had two TD passes including the game winner..
                    Oh I agree too, that was one of my favorite games out of Rivers all year, he had a rough start though, so some people consider it a poor game.

Comment

Anybody who watched the game, knows really played well against Seattle. Despite at least a half dozen drops, he threw for 180 yards and two TDs. And this is in terrible weather. This is game where I realized Rivers had ice his veins too. Against Cincy was amazing but this proves a lot more.

Besides look at Hasselbacks stats for the game. PR outplayed him significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                        psssshhhttt Nate Kaeding. the guy cant kick a clutch kick when it matters. Lost you guys the game against the Jets and stunk it up this year in the playoffs as well. Talk about Merriodman or Rivers if you want, but dont bring up Nate Kaeding....

He kicked the field goal that won the Pro Bowl game for the AFC.

I know it isn't a playoff win or anything, but it was pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltbaby View Post
                          He kicked the field goal that won the Pro Bowl game for the AFC.

I know it isn't a playoff win or anything, but it was pressure.
                          There's no pressure in a meaningless game...

Meh...I was going to jump into this argument but the threads old and it'd be pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by dhoe20 View Post
                            There's no pressure in a meaningless game...

Meh...I was going to jump into this argument but the threads old and it'd be pointless.
                            It's the offseason, why not get into it haha, which side would you have taken ;)

Comment

I would've defended Eli. I think Rivers is a good QB, but there were a couple things he has/had that Eli doesn't.
                              Cam Cameron>Hufnagle/Gilbride
                              Marty > Coughlin
                              LDT > Tiki. Thought I do believe Tiki had a better 05 than LDT, LDT owned the 06 season.
                              SD Defense > Giants Defense

The Giants offense asks too much from Eli at this point in his career. I don't even think next year will be a good year with Killdrive. I wish they could get Cutliffe up here for Eli, but that won't happen. It's still too early to judge them IMO. A lot of AAA QBs didn't excel until years, and I believe that Peyton lead the league in INTs as late as his 4th year. People were calling for Simms head while he was in NY early in his career, even until he was 30 years old, but he turned out to be one of the best QBs in Giants history.
                              Last edited by dhoe20; 03-25-2007, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dhoe20 View Post
                                I would've defended Eli. I think Rivers is a good QB, but there were a couple things he has/had that Eli doesn't.
                                Cam Cameron>Hufnagle/Gilbride
                                Marty > Coughlin
                                LDT > Tiki. Thought I do believe Tiki had a better 05 than LDT, LDT owned the 06 season.
                                SD Defense > Giants Defense

The Giants offense asks too much from Eli at this point in his career. I don't even think next year will be a good year with Killdrive. I wish they could get Cutliffe up here for Eli, but that won't happen. It's still too early to judge them IMO. A lot of AAA QBs didn't excel until years, and I believe that Peyton lead the league in INTs as late as his 4th year. People were calling for Simms head while he was in NY early in his career, even until he was 30 years old, but he turned out to be one of the best QBs in Giants history.
                                Yeah, the most important thing I see in your argument there is that it's to early to judge. Of course I think Rivers will develop into a better overall QB, and you think Manning will be the better one. It's too early for any of us to know for certain who will be right. As far as the trade is concerned tho, I don't think there's any question who got the better end.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information