Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched Norv's interview. He talks about him mostly as a nickel MIKE linebacker and special teams player. Ehh, okay. Not sure that's worth a 2nd but whatever.
    aka KGB Chicken

Comment

• I won't pan the choices. I do think that AJ has once again over-reached on the 2nd day. Over-reaction to last year's poor ST play.
      Never underestimate the power of small minds in large groups.

Comment

• hi gaiz

asdadda

Comment

• Hai bant

Anyway in the shadow of the bigger free agency players, I think it is pretty obvious the Chargers are having a great off season and are in good position here at the start of August.

Returning the #1 Offense and #1 Defense is legit as **** and begs the question: how are special teams looking? Not bad, with a new coach and basically an entire draft dedicated to gunners, and the re-signing of Kelley Washington. Last year the Chargers gave up 5 blocked punts and a sickening amount of huge kick returns.

Miraculously Nate Kaeding remains on the roster

Some interesting and relevant signings including Takeo Spikes, Bob Sanders, and almost all of our players. Jackson missed ten games last year as Rivers led a cast of nobodies to a dominant passing game. Gates is back too, along with Weddle and most of our depth. Looking good, ultimately the team has to be good enough to win games in the postseason and for the bolts that just means putting talent around Rivers, and right now that is what they have done.

Comment

• I loved the Takeo Spikes pick up if he can mentor and train our youngins to have a neck almost as scarey as his I think our ILB is going to be great. Also like the LaBoy pick up much needed depth. Bob Sanders signing is a kind of signing if he does well Aj will look like a genius if not no one will care which is what I love about the pick up. Excited to see Butler get on the field this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by bantx View Post
              I loved the Takeo Spikes pick up if he can mentor and train our youngins to have a neck almost as scarey as his I think our ILB is going to be great. Also like the LaBoy pick up much needed depth. Bob Sanders signing is a kind of signing if he does well Aj will look like a genius if not no one will care which is what I love about the pick up. Excited to see Butler get on the field this season.
              Butler and Mouton getting mentored by Spikes would be terrific. They both have the ability to be really good linebackers in this D and Spikes obviously speaks for himself, coming off really a career year.

Comment

• Originally posted by bantx
                hi

Does Gamble make the cut? He kind of went under the radar after the first game. I think he makes it from that first game alone I mean he's shown strides and with English out for who knows long he might have a chance.
                This just reminds me I'm happy Gamble made the squad. Nothing against English, but in one preseason Gamble showed more than English ever has. Hope they both succeed.

Comment

• Now with Castillo out sign another player for depth to keep our rotation going. There was not a big drop off when he left. This is a good opportunity for Martin and Luiget to get their reps or to step it up and take over. I'm hoping Luiget can make an impact this season I loved what I've seen from the pre season.

Comment

• Good game guys. Good luck the rest of the way.
                    Last edited by vidae; 09-27-2011, 09:05 PM. Reason: Truthiness

Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                      Good game guys. Good luck the rest of the way.
                      Same Vidazzle. If Cassel keeps throwing to Bowe like that he is going to keep Luck off the squad...

Comment

• So far you have to say we've looked kinda "ehhh" through 4 games. But with that said, the team is 3-1 and for now has averted the early season jinx.

What I love is that the young guys are playing very well and exceeding expectations. Mathews, Liuget, Gilchrist, Martin and Butler have all stood out to me. Even English stepped up today and recorded two sacks. On the other hand, the veterans, save for probably Jackson and Weddle, are kinda underachieving right now but hopefully they hit their usual mid to late season stride.
                        aka KGB Chicken

Comment

• Yes the slow starts are behind us and lovig the way Gilchrist and Butler have been playing our DB depth is looking a lot better than before.

Comment

Yes the slow starts are behind us and lovig the way Gilchrist and Butler have been playing our DB depth is looking a lot better than before.
                            Martin too, and if English actually shows up this year that is a ton of new blood performing well.

Comment

• I still don't trust gregory at safety :l

Comment

I still don't trust gregory at safety :l
                                choo choo its the TJ McDonald bandwagon, all aboooard right he's a late first rounder in my eyes, aka perfect placement.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information