X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
    Wow you guys got Burnett...

Very solid signing, I wonder if you guys are planning on using him as a starter?

I was hoping we could retain him, which we would have if we weren't about to give Ware a bigger contract than Haynesworth.

Great player, very underrated. I actually think he's going to break out with the Chargers. Great speed, good coverage skills, solid against the run, intense... Only thing not to like about the guy is his durability.

I wonder if this takes you guys out of the running for Maualuga? I guess it depends on if you view Burnett as a starter, or just a nickel backer.
    Same thing I was wondering about the draft. I'm guessing the idea is to platoon Burnett and Dobbins.
    aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Beef Jihad

I think the Burnett signing means Oline (Oher or Andre Smith if he falls) or Dline (Tyson Jackson or even my darkhorse pick Jarron Gilbert) with #16.

The other possibility is Malcolm Jenkins if they think he can be a Pro Bowl Safety alongside Weddle.

Comment

Originally posted by bergo23 View Post
        I think the Burnett signing means Oline (Oher or Andre Smith if he falls) or Dline (Tyson Jackson or even my darkhorse pick Jarron Gilbert) with #16.

The other possibility is Malcolm Jenkins if they think he can be a Pro Bowl Safety alongside Weddle.
        Tyson Jackson at 16 is growing on me, I think a front 3 of Jackson Williams Castillo will be beastly, and its effects will get compounded by Merriman's return.

Never really thought about drafting Jenkins specifically as a safety. I doubt it will happen, at this point I want a big ugly, on either O or D. You never know with AJ, he is proving to have quite a secondary player fetish.

Comment

Gilbert: will AJ roll the dice?

Upon further review, Jenkins won't get past NO at #14, they need both of his potential positions.

The real question is will AJ roll the dice on Jarron Gilbert?! Guy is a beast and if Tyson is gone...we need him. He may be a bit of a reach at #16....but if Sanchez is available at #16 (or someone has fallen in love with the kid from KState) we might be able to trade down. Gilbert is the best fit of need and ceiling needed in a first rounder.

AJ rolled the dice a couple of years ago with Cro, who only played sparingly in college. The jury is still out on that pick in his mind (not mine, I still think Cro will be a perenial Pro Bowler after a humbling 2008-9)....but Gilbert is the same kind of boom or bust prospect.

If Tyson is there, he is the pick....Jackson sounds like the kind of safe pick (ala Cason) last year we need to build our championship D.

If Jackson is gone, I hope he rolls the dice on pool jumper!!!

Comment

I saw a Mock Draft on NFL.Com couple days ago and the guy had the bolts gettin Maclin. I smiled and got excited for a minute than realized its not possible... that would be awesome though.

Comment

Sproles signs rich 1-year deal with Chargers

Comment

Nice to see him sign it, I was hoping he wouldve did a long term contract instead but we still have him on the team at least.

Comment

Originally posted by bantx View Post
                  Nice to see him sign it, I was hoping he wouldve did a long term contract instead but we still have him on the team at least.
                  They apparently are still negotiating for a long term contract.

Comment

I'm going out to San Diego for the first time to visit my bro whos been living out there for a couple of years now. I dont know exactly where he lives but I was hoping to get some help from you guys. Is there anything I absolutely have to do while I'm there? And what other things might interest me while I'm there(I'm 21).

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                      I'm going out to San Diego for the first time to visit my bro whos been living out there for a couple of years now. I dont know exactly where he lives but I was hoping to get some help from you guys. Is there anything I absolutely have to do while I'm there? And what other things might interest me while I'm there(I'm 21).
                      Watersports. Go to Mission Bay and rent a waverunner. Skip over to the beach and go surfing/bodysurfing. If you like to party, go eat and drink in Pacific Beach. If you're into the artsy type of scene, check the City Heights area. Wanna paint the town, spend some time in the Gaslamp district & some of the more upscale places like the Hard Rock or Ivy hotels.
                      aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Question:

Is Antonio Cromartie entrenched as the #2 starter, or do ya'll think Antoine Cason will win the job?
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                          Question:

Is Antonio Cromartie entrenched as the #2 starter, or do ya'll think Antoine Cason will win the job?
                          Right now Cromartie seems safe as the #2. He had a very nice interception of Kurt Warner at the goal line last night.

Some other thoughts -

The screen game looks great as usual. Should be the bread and butter play again for 2009.

First string defense looked fast and physical.

Vaughn Martin is raw as hell and doesn't have any moves, but he can hold the point of attack and looks like he can contribute on this level eventually. He is painfully slow, however.

Louis Vasquez got some time with the first string offense. I was surprised to see how quick he looked on a kickout block on one of LT's runs.

That kid CJ Spillman looked like a man possessed late in the game.

Charley Martin deserves a spot on the practice squad at least, there's no doubt in my mind about that.

I love how Applewhite is playing so far. Dobbins looks good too.

Gartrell Johnson dissapointed me on that last redzone series, but still looks decent.

Both fullbacks were solid.

The only negative I saw, and it's a huge, code red emergency problem, was how the OL got absolutely eviscerated by AZ's 1st string DL. I mean, that was absolutely embarrassing. And we're talking about the pro bowlers - Dielman and McNeill - who were whiffing in pass pro. Very, very, very bad news and needs to be fixed NOW.
                          aka KGB Chicken

Comment

article on Vaughn Martin: Tyson Jackson. Vaughn Martin. What's the difference? Over 50 million dollars.

Comment

What do you all think about Travis Johnson? I think he can fill in nicely for Olshansky

Comment

Travis Johnson

We may find out Monday night with Cesaire's injury!!! Those vaunted Run stopping skills should get full display against the Raiders.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information