This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jets

Today's game will tell alot about if the NFL has changed its winning formula: will it be smash mouth and tough D or will Norv and the boys have enough answers to stay ahead of Sexy Rexy?

Comment

This is two playoff games I remeber Kaeding losing.

Comment

Norv Turner is freaking horrendous...how do you give him a contract extension? Do SD fans actually like this clown? He's clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
          Norv Turner is freaking horrendous...how do you give him a contract extension? Do SD fans actually like this clown? He's clueless.
          I wouldn't say he is liked. Charger fans are either apathetic towards Norv or just plain hate him. I personally do not approve of the transformation from power football team to finesse on both sides of the ball. It would be easy to just blame Kaeding for Sunday, but the bottom like is San Diego was beaten by a more physical football team. That's why the Colts are seemingly the only team the Chargers can beat in the playoffs.
          aka KGB Chicken

Comment

I like Norv, there are lots of reasons we lost the Jets game. Norv's record is unparalleled in Charger history and he's built up Rivers. As long as Rivers is around we'll never be dead in the water as far as the Super Bowl is concerned, so be content with Meltyface for a while.

Comment

I also like Norv. He's done a good job, maybe not great but definately good. I don't blame the teams lack of physical toughness on Norv. Remember those Dallas teams ran the ball very physically. I think the problem is that LT can no longer make the first tackler miss and he was never a physical runner that could run over people.

I get tired of hearing about how great Marty Shottenheimer was. His teams were also slow starters every year and he always played big games not to lose instead of to win. Before his last year in SD everyone wanted him gone except Spanos. One good year didn't change what I thought of Marty as a coach. Plus you don't see anybody else lining up to hire him, that should tell you something.

Comment

Norv is not the reason

Playas didn't play. Keading Choked (I still love the guy)....Rivers made a crucial mistake. Norv did not lose us that game.

We need to address the running game with a new #21 (though he would never wear that # in a bolt uniform)....I hope AJ pulls the trigger with Dwyer, he would replace Burner in the hearts of Bolts fans. Also, a RT to compete for the starting job.

Cro needs to go, him pulling up and not taking on Shonn Greene let out season slip away. We need Cason in there, the anti Cro when it comes to physicality. I wouldn't mind keeping lights out one more year to let English develop further. If Rivera stays our D will be fine, he did a heck of a job without the most important position in a 3-4 all year.

Norv gives us a chance in the playoffs, Shotty was a choker and let the pressure and his conservatism get to him.

Comment

Well it's come to this. LT has decided to burn some bridges on the way out.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...medium=twitter

Unemotional summary: He didn't feel like he was part of the team, didn't get enough carries, wasn't used properly, young players entering the league do not have the same values, no sense of family, too many changes, won't take a paycut.

Sigh. It was literally two weeks ago that this was the best team he'd ever been on and he was talking about finally getting a ring. He's not 100% wrong but there's a skewed perspective here that's tough to miss. Sorry to see this happen.

Comment

hey what would you guys think about this trade, if L.T. does in fact leave this offseason.

Baltimore Ravens trade Willis McGahee for Malcom Floyd.

I think it's a fair trade. Both guys were #2's behind a better player on there old team (Ray Rice & Vincent Jackson) and if they were to get traded, both would have bigger roles.

I think a duo of Sproles and McGahee would actually be pretty interesting.

And what do you guys have to say of Floyd? Can he be a #1 in this league? or is he a complimentry WR?

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                      hey what would you guys think about this trade, if L.T. does in fact leave this offseason.

Baltimore Ravens trade Willis McGahee for Malcom Floyd.

I think it's a fair trade. Both guys were #2's behind a better player on there old team (Ray Rice & Vincent Jackson) and if they were to get traded, both would have bigger roles.

I think a duo of Sproles and McGahee would actually be pretty interesting.

And what do you guys have to say of Floyd? Can he be a #1 in this league? or is he a complimentry WR?
                      Floyd's value is definitely higher than McGahee's right now, Baltimore would have to throw in a pick. I like it if the Charger FO decides to think short term but would prefer they actually just drafted a blue chip RB. Willis obviously has something left in the tank but you can't imagine it will last too much longer.

I love Floyd, I keep reading rumors about Baltimore giving up their #2 straight up for him and honestly it would be worth it. He is very polished as a route runner, with silk hands and obviously a gigantic frame/wingspan. Seems like a perfect match with Flacco if not Rivers. I do believe he can be a number 1 in this league, because he has developed into a true matchup nightmare, a 6'5 receiver who actually uses his size to win matchups and can get to any spot on the field.

I would take a 2nd rounder (just because the Bolts have a million needs and already have Jackson/Gates/Naanee) but any lower and he's flat out worth keeping.

Comment

If it was a 2nd I'd do it, but I love Floyd and would rather keep him.

Comment

Floyd

If Charlie Joiner says he can become #1, you betta believe dat!!!! I know he will always be overshadowed by VJ...but we need the guy, especially with a running game makeover likely in 2010.

Comment

Since there isn't alot of discussion from you charger fans on here im guessing that some of the rumors i've been hearing about the chargers must not be true then.

Rumor #1.
                            The chargers trade for Marshawn Lynch and give the Bills their 2nd round pick that intyrn use to pick Toby Gerhart and use him as a support back to Fred Jackson.

Rumor #2
                            The Chargers have Cromartie(sp?) on the Trade block Looking to get a top end RB in return.

Like usual these are just rumors floating around but i'm hearing them all the way in Ohio and these have come from national reporters that cover the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarkpba View Post
                              Since there isn't alot of discussion from you charger fans on here im guessing that some of the rumors i've been hearing about the chargers must not be true then.

Rumor #1.
                              The chargers trade for Marshawn Lynch and give the Bills their 2nd round pick that intyrn use to pick Toby Gerhart and use him as a support back to Fred Jackson.

Rumor #2
                              The Chargers have Cromartie(sp?) on the Trade block Looking to get a top end RB in return.

Like usual these are just rumors floating around but i'm hearing them all the way in Ohio and these have come from national reporters that cover the NFL.
                              Both of those rumors have floated over here. Cro is dead man walking in SD he will be gone somehow. Lynch, just one of many possibilities but I don't think AJ Smith would send over a 2nd for him.

Comment

still need a Chargers GM for a forum mock thing:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38839

post here to join

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                                - No reaching
                                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information