Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the Super Chargers looking at a RB in rd 1? Your thoughts please.
    I like Detroit to take one @ #34 (possibly Best, Matthews or Dwyer) but San Diego is one of those teams toward the back of the draft that also might be eyeing a RB, curious which one is "the guy"?

Comment

Likely RB or NT

If Dan Williams or Cody are there (unlikely because of the scarcity for the position) maybe, otherwise, its likely a RB.

I wish they would spring for a RT in Ducasse.

My best guess for their top RB available would be Matthews.

Comment

congrats on signing marcus mason. he was a fan favorite in DC but never really given much of a shot and didnt really fit shanahans one cut running system. i hope he gets a shot at earning some playing time with you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
          congrats on signing marcus mason. he was a fan favorite in DC but never really given much of a shot and didnt really fit shanahans one cut running system. i hope he gets a shot at earning some playing time with you guys.
          I am pretty curious about him I have to admit. He is probably going to be RB3 but who knows. His college highlights are alright but basically all I've seen of him.

Comment

Just curious... looking at the draft, and knowing you need a RB, why wouldn't the Chargers pay their late second rounder and grab Pierre Thomas?

Not that I want them too, and the Saints would most likely match, but you could keep your first rounder and still get a terrific back, particularly for the system since he plays a lot like a poor man's Tomlinson.

He's a guy that had 100 yards receiving and rushing in the same game before!

I just see a lot of people mocking a RB to them in the first round, and I think a DL and PierreThomas would be much much better than something like Ryan Matthews and a second round DL.

Thoughts?
            Originally posted by SNIPER26
            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
              Just curious... looking at the draft, and knowing you need a RB, why wouldn't the Chargers pay their late second rounder and grab Pierre Thomas?

Not that I want them too, and the Saints would most likely match, but you could keep your first rounder and still get a terrific back, particularly for the system since he plays a lot like a poor man's Tomlinson.

He's a guy that had 100 yards receiving and rushing in the same game before!

I just see a lot of people mocking a RB to them in the first round, and I think a DL and PierreThomas would be much much better than something like Ryan Matthews and a second round DL.

Thoughts?

I like Thomas, but I'm certain he would look much worse running behind the Chargers' OL. If they trade another 2nd for him, lock him up, and he only ends up averaging 3.5 YPC behind a bad run-blocking OL, it will not have been worth it. Whereas a rookie RB comes more cheaply.
              aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Good point, but when the Saints line was porous, he was still running for around 4.5ish.

He's the type that will get you good production in any scheme, but will never be a superstar I think.

Look at him compared to Reggie... when we had a weak run blocking team, Reggie was right under 4 yards, and Pierre was at 4.8. When we got it fixed, Pierre was at 5.4, with a long of 34 yards, because he does all his damage in the 5-15 yard runs... Reggie with good blocking shot up to 5.6, because he was more dangerous once he was in the second level.

Pierre is an excellent receiver, though he's lacking as a blocker(not on ability or effort, he just seems lost). I just thought if I were a GM, a proven runner that is a great receiver as well would be worth it for a late second.

Even still, he's young, with extremely low mileage, and even if the line isn't fully fixed this year, he can definitely be the back of the future, or certainly part of a dominant tandem.
                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

I wouldn't object to signing Pierre Thomas that much, but there are a couple other things in play:

1. Money: the SD FO is notoriously unspendy/will be saving its cash to extend our numerous RFA, instead of paying Pierre franchise back caliber dough. In that same vein, rookie salaries are subjugated and cheaper in general.

2. AJ Smith just believes in his own drafting skills. I would bet dollars to dimes that the man believes he can snag a quality NT and RB in the draft and not have to deal with any other team. And if not...

3. Trades are more likely, with guys like Lynch and (in my dreams and the occasional rumor) Deangelo Williams out there and already under contract.

Comment

Any word on Vincent Jackson's suspension?

Comment

Chargers sign Cam Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                        Boogie down

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                          Boogie down
                          Don't tell me what to do!

Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Get Out Of Here Vidae You Dont Even Go Here!

Comment

So Ryan Mathews has been pretty goddam sexy so far.

Comment

It's too bad that the Chiefs D is going to have to put that rookie in his place!

Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information