X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargers Discussion Thread

Discuss anything no specifics....

Any chance you think we try and get Ray Lewis in free agency. I know high end free agents are not our thing, but it would realy help the defense out. Also, it would make it easier to grab a lineman or running back in the first if Maualuga is still on the board.

Comment

He would be a great sign but Id rather have them Draft a LB. His career is winding down and he would only be a short term solution now. The draft is deep in LB and the Bolts are in a great position to get Maul who is a top 15 talent and could be one of the Bolts defensive anchors for the next 10 years.

Comment

I'm not sure whether Maualuga would be that great of a pick in the first. From what I have seen Maualuga, Siler, and Waters all have farely similar skill sets (energetic run stuufers who struggle in pass coverage). Would having a slight upgrade at ILB in the future be more important than a guy that could come in and have a more immediate impact.

Comment

Originally posted by ag27 View Post
          I'm not sure whether Maualuga would be that great of a pick in the first. From what I have seen Maualuga, Siler, and Waters all have farely similar skill sets (energetic run stuufers who struggle in pass coverage). Would having a slight upgrade at ILB in the future be more important than a guy that could come in and have a more immediate impact.
          Good points. In my opinion, ILB isn't even the biggest need on defense, because we're talking about a two down player, and A.J. has some solid young prospects at ILB. Safety & DE are bigger needs
          aka KGB Chicken

Comment

DE

Besides Tyson Jackson who should be available at #16, what other players are out there who could fill the Igor spot? Free Agency or the draft.

Comment

No one else would be worth it at 16, but we could try and trade up into the late second for a Fili Moala (USC) or sit where we are at in the third and hope Jarron Gilbert (San Jose State) is there. Both of those guys would be good fits as a 3-4 DE, but Jackson is the cream of the crop.

I'm personally hoping that Mark Sanchez falls because there would be a lot of competition between the Jets, Bucs, Vikings, and maybe even the bears would try and trade up to get him.

Comment

Originally posted by ag27 View Post
                No one else would be worth it at 16, but we could try and trade up into the late second for a Fili Moala (USC) or sit where we are at in the third and hope Jarron Gilbert (San Jose State) is there. Both of those guys would be good fits as a 3-4 DE, but Jackson is the cream of the crop.

I'm personally hoping that Mark Sanchez falls because there would be a lot of competition between the Jets, Bucs, Vikings, and maybe even the bears would try and trade up to get him.
                I agree on the Sanchez point we would have a hot spot with a couple teams wanting Sanchez. I do feel that there will be some other prospects other than Jackson worth the #16 spot. I think Maul, Wells, and Moreno will be there and would deff not be a reach.

Comment

Merriman/Cooper/ReyRey/Phillips

Ive been thinking about that a lot and the more i do the more i like.

Comment

Originally posted by bantx View Post
                    Merriman/Cooper/ReyRey/Phillips

Ive been thinking about that a lot and the more i do the more i like.
                    Arguably the best LB core in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
                      I agree on the Sanchez point we would have a hot spot with a couple teams wanting Sanchez. I do feel that there will be some other prospects other than Jackson worth the #16 spot. I think Maul, Wells, and Moreno will be there and would deff not be a reach.
                      I meant at Defensive End, but ya those 3 would be the other options unless Oher or Andre Smith drops to us which seems very doubtful.

Comment

anthony waters has been released, im kinda suprised.

Comment

Originally posted by bantx View Post
                          anthony waters has been released, im kinda suprised.
                          Ya im really suprised there...

Comment

So now that we have swung and missed on Drayton Florence, Jermaine Phillips, and Kevin freaking Burnett and the impact FAs have been signed, is it time to seriously re-consider AJ's approach to free agency? Our defense is abysmal, awful, and embarrassing and yet we have done nothing despite AJ musing to the press months ago that this team needed veterans and leadership.

Trading our 2nd this year (to New England) for a non-athlete fullback with terrible blocking skills in Jacob Hester is pretty humiliating as well. We better get a freaking hall of famer at #16. But even then it's tough to be happy considering the serious holes in our roster, not sure I can handle another year of Jeromey Clary or Clinton Hart.

I still hold out hope for Mike Brown, and subsequently a healthy Mike Brown.

Comment

Wow you guys got Burnett...

Very solid signing, I wonder if you guys are planning on using him as a starter?

I was hoping we could retain him, which we would have if we weren't about to give Ware a bigger contract than Haynesworth.

Great player, very underrated. I actually think he's going to break out with the Chargers. Great speed, good coverage skills, solid against the run, intense... Only thing not to like about the guy is his durability.

I wonder if this takes you guys out of the running for Maualuga? I guess it depends on if you view Burnett as a starter, or just a nickel backer.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information